Skip to content

Nexus Variable Fun - Please Make It Stop

I'm trying to set up an alias system for the various Engineer focus shot and shot type combinations.  In my proof-of-concept alias, I can't properly parse the suffix, or do anything with it beyond use it in tells/notifications.  Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong?  The basic concept here is that "di" causes the alias to activate, and the remaining two letters define the focus shot  and shot type.
 [url=http://i.imgur.com/LrtJmCy.png][img]http://imgur.com/LrtJmCyl.png[/img][/url]

Comments

• Have you considered using a regex to capture the suffix, or even add a capture of some sort after “di “?  I’m on my phone, but can poke at it later. 
  • Someone mentioned using a Regex, but I am still trying to figure out the proper syntax.  I tried using a ready-made variable to capture <like this>, and that failed.
  • It does look like you have a variable changing to a variable instead of a value in your second line. I think using a value @variable may give you the correct value. 
  • edited October 2018
    I just tried, apparently using a value @variable in the second line ends up passing the parser variable the string "@variable".  Thanks for the thought, though!  I've also tried using the match/line variables, to no effect.  As far as regex goes, I am starting to understand the concepts, but can't figure out how to use it without the syntax variable to pull the line from the alias trigger for me.  Could someone describe/screenshot/point me in the right direction?  As best I understand, I would use a regex in my script to pull something out of the alias line, but how I get the alias line into the script in the first place is what I'm having trouble with.
  • I came up with a workaround to get a variable to be assigned the value of the suffix, I'm posting a screenshot in case anyone else can benefit from this.  Essentially, I used the "include prefix and suffix" checkbox to add the suffix to the end of the set variable command, then parsed it with the split function in javascript.