Skip to content

Scripting in Nexus with GMCP

I play on Nexus and I consider myself to be reasonably good with basic scripting. However, to be better at combat and even bashing, I think I need more help with GMCP related commands.

Nexus help on GMCP is very light, so is their documentation on functions. 

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. 

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• A special function is called by the client automatically whenever GMCP data is received, called onGMCP. You can implement internals of that function to interact with the GMCP message that was received. More information on the default functions can be found here.

On the Examples page, there's a link to an example GMCP handling function, GMCP Data.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I had another question on Nexus @Eoghan

So, my original Nexus system has been setup for mage. All my keybinds are as such used for those commands. To setup for another profession, is there a way to re-use the keybinds without destroying my old ones??

• gmcp.Char.Status.prof stores what your current profession is. Maybe you can use that to toggle which 'version' your keybind uses?

I use Mudlet, but my keybind looks something like:

currProf = gmcp.Char.Status.prof

if currProf == "Summoner" then
     ----- use summoner thing
    elseif currProf == "Defiler" then
     ----- use deflier thing
    end
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • Yes I tried enabling reflex groups on and off - but it I can’t figure out if the keybind itself can be overloaded 
  • So I was trying to use events in nexus and the received affliction event does not return the affliction using the method described in the wiki.

can someone confirm if it works as intended?