Skip to content

Classleads Fall 2018

Comments

• Effin hilarious.
  • How is current Monk right now? Are they viable 1v1?
  • edited October 2018
    Let's also be fair to shaman in that there's at least one bad combatant that is artied to hell that spams damage.

(If it wasn't clear, I'm referring to myself.)
  • Lartus said:
    How is current Monk right now? Are they viable 1v1?
    They have one viable 1v1 path available if you have a a diadem.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • This thread is on thin ice. Be civil or be nothing.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • @Eoghan @Dec Any chance of an answer re: 525? Oversight? Bug? Should it just be resubmitted?
  • It looks like after the initial implementation of the classlead removed FROZEN and added IGNORANCE, IGNORANCE was then removed from nuarinyu (approximately a month later). I can't tell from the commit history the motivation behind this.

Assume it's working as intended and file any classleads accordingly.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited October 2018
    I can't recall there being any reason for ignorance to have been removed and the total afflictions of nuarinyu reduced. Huh, odd. Should we assume it's meant to be gone? Or is it being gone a bug? 
  • Stacking toxin and voice afflictions is a bad idea, in general.

Heroism is really the perfect affliction, because it contributes to 1v1 end game somewhat but slows the entire offense in teams.
  • Eoghan said:

Assume it's working as intended and file any classleads accordingly.

• edited November 2018
     I just found this thread, a little too late to the party.  But @Lartus since I'm here, I'll try to answer your engi question earlier.  I haven't played it much, but it seems to be support-class almost exclusively.  It does absolutely everything (except magick) with some degree of mediocrity.  The main issue is that in a 1v1, assuming your opponent knows how to heal, an unartied engineer is too squishy to take advantage of its damage output, and it doesn't have any clear kill path that I've found beyond damage.  Having said that - I'm not complaining!!  I love the support class theme, and I hope it doesn't get changed.  Every other class out there is oriented towards itself, let me have my one support class. :) My personal issue is that engis can't play up the support role very well, because of how squishy they are.  In team battles, an engi has two options.

One: take to the skies and start sniping.  In doing this you lose access to every offensive ability beyond shot type/chemical selection, and are vulnerable to any sort of pulling mechanism like vortex. 

Two: jump into the battle.  To use most of the support abilities in ccq you need to take time to let your focus accrue on one specific person, spend it, rinse and repeat.  This means most of your time is spent laying on moderate amounts of damage or chems which are quickly cured while you're waiting for focus.   The phosphorite chem serves to increase focus gain, but it's cured with all the other chems in your system.  Making you need to cure phosphorite by itself, separate from any other chem, might be a good way of fixing this.  As it stands, modern tactics says the squishiest person is usually the first target, so by the time you're getting in a good groove on one target, either they're dead or you are. 

Other solutions besides the phosphorite adjustment would be making focus shots cost less, or cost mana (@Eoghan pretty please, a phos adjustment or this!).  They have limited stacking ability and can all be cured simultaneously, so there aren't any dangers of op locks by taking this route.  Another, oft-suggested one would be to make the engi tankier.  I'm against this, but would like to see a confusion aura (maybe tied into buckler usage?) that switches an enemy's target to another non-ally mob/person in the room. Spammable one-shot defensive walls, like aclockwork variant on reflection, is another good way to do this. 

Having said all this, I thought it all up/saw other people say it and stole their ideas after classlead month was over, so this is really just my two cents. :(
  • edited November 2018
    @Dec

I'd love to see a dps chart from today 11/03/18 if you could. If needed could do 11/01/18 to 11/03/18(if you want to draw a bit more #'s naturally)
  • Ok, new data, this time adjusted to Imperian health style

• shmancy!!
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • Bashing Damage.  Keep in mind that critical hits are going to make this number higher than just your regular hit damage.

• edited November 2018
    Assassin bashes 4x better than Renegade, imba

E: That does remind me tho...
  • Gjarrus said:
    Assassin bashes 4x better than Renegade, imba

E: That does remind me tho...
    Renegade really didn't have enough data to read too much into it.
  • Guessing that's also artificially inflated by people with scepter. Also I'm guessing the damage taken on Magick side is also inflated by people getting hit with bellow more often than AM/Demonic.
  • Double attacks and balance times mean more in pve than dmg output a lot of the time.
  • It just looks to me like AM needs some DPS love for group combat :(

(note: I'm just kidding, it looks more like AM participates less)
  • Asmund said:
    It just looks to me like AM needs some DPS love for group combat :(

(note: I'm just kidding, it looks more like AM participates less)
    And the 'big hitters' from AM aren't around right now, so there's less artifact weight in that circle.
  • Deathknight damage seems underwhelming. Wow. But I'm actually fine with that. Since in exchange, I guess we have other abilities which are awesome.
  • edited November 2018
    My favourite thing about that table is that it puts to rest, spectacularly, the argument that summoner is bad post flash nerf. The damage is still very good, the tank is still solid, and the class is still doing fine in K:D ratios despite a low average level of people using it.

EDIT: Question, too - Would that defiler damage done be including hits from toxic rain, which would be pushing the average damage way, way lower than we'd expect? Or perhaps it's counting torment hits (The ones that do 5-40 ish damage as bonuses) as their own attacks?

Would it be possible to get the damage stats, but gated to disregard any hits below about 80 damage? That would eliminate any distortion from passive hits and small extra hits like torment, treant, pets etc.
  • Or perhaps Defiler just has consistent damage.  We saw today what @Elrith can manage as a druid sitting back using consistent damage to secure kills. 

Defiler needs adjusted in terms of blackvines,entropy length,rebuke but honestly if you touch the damage it'll easily tip the scale where then you have to ask yourself well shouldn't they now have more afflictions? 

If anything today seeing Druid pump out consistent damage tells me if you touch a Defiler damage you have to touch Druid.
  • It's not bad. It's got weaknesses that are revealed pretty easily outside of a team fight. It being able to do some damage and kill people doesn't negate that.

Yes, damage per hit averages the damage from your hits.
  • I hope we're not taking these pretty "aggregate" type stats too super seriously. Right? It would strike me as kind of odd. That wasn't the intent, right? Also, we don't always see that much of Elrith, but Elrith really is the kind of guy, who, if he played even a bit more (we do seem to see a bit more of him lately, which is good), and was even slightly more artied, would be legitimately one of the more terrifying people to ever play.
  • Galt said:
    My favourite thing about that table is that it puts to rest, spectacularly, the argument that summoner is bad post flash nerf. The damage is still very good, the tank is still solid, and the class is still doing fine in K:D ratios despite a low average level of people using it.
    There are only two summoners who even remotely participate in combat at the moment: @Ohm and myself. Ohm has L3 collar, +3 int, and diadem. I have L2 collar, +2 int, and diadem.

Summoner damage is "very good" only after 2,900 credits, at least, on top of lessons.
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • I'd argue that all the classes seem pretty bad without artifact investment, if you're used to how the class plays with those artifacts.
  • edited November 2018
    Galt said:
    1) The tank is 'okay' sure. Not Defiler, not Mage. But it's okay.
    2) Damage done in groups is not an indicator of whether its damage is still 'very good' as you say. Considering we have a) Diabolists negating fire resists, b) Defilers also negating fire resist and c) Sensitivity artificially inflating damage done (not exclusive to summoner, but inflating nonetheless).
      ---eta: Defilers also negating psy resists for pact damage.
    3) KD ratio is literally irrelevant as to whether or not a class is doing fine. By that metric, Engineer would also be fine since it has a higher KDR than Summoner.
  • Swale said:
    I hope we're not taking these pretty "aggregate" type stats too super seriously. Right? It would strike me as kind of odd. That wasn't the intent, right? Also, we don't always see that much of Elrith, but Elrith really is the kind of guy, who, if he played even a bit more (we do seem to see a bit more of him lately, which is good), and was even slightly more artied, would be legitimately one of the more terrifying people to ever play.
    Well i mean i tend to judge a class by the class not the person. If he was a non heavy artifact player the damage he was pulling out as a druid was a ton. 

I understand Elrith is a decent player, but I consider Eochaid a good player as well. All i see is ridicule on her end for the consistent damage she does in pvp.

Consistent damage in group fighting is king. Druid and defiler both do exactly that and do it well. At times it seems this may cloud our minds, considering neither are top priority kills in their circles.