Skip to content

Affliction tracking script(?)

Just figure I'd ask here for help, but I was wondering if anyone know of ways to make an affliction tracker or links possibly that give this kind of information? I'm working with mudlet though.

Comments

• I've been working on an affliction tracker for a couple of weeks now. I ended up needing a flow chart:

• Image result for tiny list meme

Friggin file formatting
  • Yeah..nope. That gave me an instant headache hahaha
  • Yeah, don't try to read the text. It's likely not entirely applicable to other people due to how I've been architecting my code, but appreciate the complexity!
  • If I get some free time in the next few days I'll post some pseudocode snippets of how my tracking is written, you can also message me on the forums if you have questions but I don't promise to be quick to respond. I'm pretty busy right now.
  • My data model:

cure =
      id
      type
      possibleAffs
      totalAffected

affliction =
      name
      cures

Most of the logic is about keeping tables updated and knowing if/when to remove afflictions. It's all about calculating probabilities.
  • People keep telling me they don't flowchart or whatever.  Those people can fuck right off (even if I like them a lot).  I need a flowchart to even think about the basics like enemy losing and regaining tree vs. my affliction output over time (yes, they get it every 15 seconds, but what else is happening in those 15 seconds).  Flow charting was apparently good enough for one of the best combatants to ever fight on the flagship (Jarrel), and it's good enough for me.  Always nice to see someone talk about the work and the difficulty of organizing your thoughts on this stuff, and let people realize the kind of crazy work that goes into trying to understand what you're doing instead of acting like the process is PFM.  
  • For flowcharting and block diagrams on my #dayjob deliverables, I've started using https://www.draw.io/ - it's pretty good for those of you that want to play with charting.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • So the basic way my tracking works is this, anything that can be tracked directly, is tracked directly. (hemo, xero, etc) anything else I have a list of tables of what each curemethod cures. They are organized in a static priority of what I assume. (all of my basic tracking is boolean logic, although I use a table of strings rather than boolean vars for tracking). in these tables of priorities I keep things that can be tracked as cured by symptoms (mostly lock affs) low. This works because if you see them smoke when you think they had asthma 
    and they smoke, you now know they have cured asthma. (ditto for other lock affs). Once you've gotten that in as a basis you can then add in additional stuff to correct for bad tracking on lock affs and readd stuff, but that gets overly complex for beginners. A large degree of the accuracy of this method comes from having a good list of priorities in you assumption tables, otherwise it gets inaccurate pretty quickly, and those can take a lot of time to get right. 
  • My affliction tracker uses an idea first thought of by Kyrock.

When I deliver an affliction to you, there is a 100% chance that you have it. For every non-obvious cure you use that could cure that affliction, the chance you have that affliction is reduced by (X/100)%, where X is the number of all possible afflictions I know you have that could be cured.

Reafflicting toxins is weighted somewhat toward delivering the toxins that you are least likely statistically to have.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever