Skip to content

Professions from Easiest to Hardest

As someone very new and curious about all the classes (and wanting to explore them all but obviously cant) I am just wondering what some of the easiest professions to play are and which are the hardest.

People did reinforce that I pick the profession I enjoy the most and the rest will come, but it is true that Predator is very hard and I have no idea what I'm doing sometimes. Hehe :(

So I was curious about Magic and Demonic profession. Bard looks pretty cool. Druid seems neat too. I dont really know Demonic classes except Assassin with the worm devour. 

Even if it's just a list going from hardest to easiest I would appreciate it! Or you can get as in depth as you can. Or just throw in your two cents about which profession you think is the easiest/hardest/coolest. 

Comments

• Mage, Hunter and Predator are likely the 3 most difficult ones.

in no particular order, all 3 knights, druid, summoner, monk, priest, outrider, berserker are probably among the easiest.

everything else falls in between.

Note: a lot of this list changes depending on teams/solos and what strats you're trying..
  • Summoner's killing potential is now dependent on the affliction route (both for enlighten and even for damage because you will need to hinder/stick aeon/sensitivity). Or buy all the damage-boosting artifacts (Collar of Gazali, Sash of Malkav, and Diadem of the Quickening).

With that said, Summoner is still bursting with utility! Pathfinder, hermit, and universe for travelling, priestess and moon for healing health/mana, empress/lust for bringing others to you. 
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • edited September 2018
    If I could, I'd be a Priest or an Outrider for a VERY long time (as long as I felt like it) and try to completely master just that class.  I'd forget I'd ever been a knight (I am a knight by the way, and mostly always have been) for as long as I liked.  Knight is easy, then not so easy, and you may feel like you don't have the right background to progress when it gets not so easy.  

EDIT:  In fact, when and if I got tired of one, I'd most likely simply repeat the entire process with the other.  
  • Predator can be daunting, and I feel quite underpowered and squishy compared to alts. In particular, Summoner, Deathknight, and Diabolist are loads of fun and much easier than Predator. 

If if you’re struggling, ping @nilo. He’s a predator and has walked me through ways to simplify the experience. 
  • edited September 2018
    Predator got overnerfed (somewhat rightfully so, but honestly it was a little too much of a nerf), to the point where even people as artied as Shou started to struggle with it, outside of bombing people with crescentcuts in groups.

It's an 'affliction' class with no real way to capitalise on it very well. Cirisosis is kinda gimmicky and really not that hard at all to counteract.
    It's also a 'limb' class with no real way to capitalise on that either, anymore, versus anyone with even remotely good parrying. Quarter is kinda meh.

I would agree with @Ryc on the order, tbh. Monk can be difficult to master, but it's pretty straightforward to learn. There's a lot it can do. I'd put Defiler up there as being pretty simplistic.
  • Engineer is the hardest to love.
  • I can only share my experiences but I think Knight class is probably the easiest profession to just pick up and play.

1) You can wear heavy armor which means you won't get hit as hard while you are killing monsters. 
    2) You can make this class be as complicated as you want. What do I mean? Well, you can be like me and spam one or two attacks and be relevant in team fights. Or you can do all sorts of fancy stuff with toxins and different weapons. 

Of course there are other people who can chime in who have experienced all the classes so they have better advice than I do.
  • Predator got overnerfed (somewhat rightfully so, but honestly it was a little too much of a nerf), to the point where even people as artied as Shou started to struggle with it, outside of bombing people with crescentcuts in groups.
    Predator's base is just ridiculously complex, it was that way before it got nerfed into the ground and it's only slightly better now. The amount of knowledge or tracking or both required to use stances and combo between them effectively is just absurd.Swale said:
    I'd forget I'd ever been a knight (I am a knight by the way, and mostly always have been) for as long as I liked.  Knight is easy, then not so easy, and you may feel like you don't have the right background to progress when it gets not so easy.  
    Almost every decent class works like this though, that's part of the draw of IRE combat. There's a depth, simple strategies that will work versus not very good people, and wont beat good or great people and more complex ones that let you get those kills. The exceptions to that rule are really bad classes (even the complex setups mostly wont work) or the stupidly powerful classes (Can kill everyone with the basic strategy)

• How is Priest for combat right now?

What is the strongest Knight class?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Boring but reasonably strong, runewarden
  • I, too, want to promote Runeguard to Runewarden. They deserve the whole prison.
  • can't help it, people yelled at me everytime I said Runeguard in Achaea
  • Runelord sounds way better though.
  • edited October 2018
    If you could be a Runeguard in real life it'd be pretty unbelievably cool. Walk into hospital, write Uruz on a wall, cure a room full of sick children with cancer. 

(I think it's Uruz? It's been a long while since i looked at the skills.)

Edit: Yep Uruz is the healing rune.
  • Baltus said:
    If you could be a Runeguard in real life it'd be pretty unbelievably cool. Walk into hospital, write Uruz on a wall, cure a room full of sick children with cancer. 

(I think it's Uruz? It's been a long while since i looked at the skills.)
    Incredibly wholesome. 
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."