Skip to content

Best classes for 1-100?

Which classes are considered superior for bashing these days? Everything has changed since I last played and if I'm going to make a character, I'm going to need to be able to bash well. 

If you had to list the top two bashing classes from each circle, what would they be, and how would you rank them against each other?

Comments

• It seems like every class can bash now, so I wouldn’t worry too much about getting an optimal hunting class. 

I found Diabolist, Summoner, Predator, and the Knights fun to bash with. I haven’t tried the Magic classes. Summoner is super tanky and simple, Diabolist hits twice and has a bunch of self heals, and Predator is a critical machine. 
  • edited October 2018
    Ciro said:
     I haven’t tried the Magic classes.
    Imperian mage bashing is probably to my mind the worst bashing in all of IRE, and I'm one of those rare special special people who like bashing.

The knight classes are a pretty reliable goto if you just want an easy ride to Aspect.  Berserker is pretty decent too.  Summoner ... works, but it's boring to me its why my demoner gets like zero playtime.
    Developer of the Valkryja system - forum thread | code repository
  • Every class with multi-hit capability, pretty much.

Monk, Predator, Knight, Berserker, Diabolist are all fine (Monk/Predator are squishier though). Although as Ciro said, every class can bash just fine when it comes to clear speed. Granted as Berserker I can clear the same areas in about ~5 less minutes than doing them as Shaman, because of multi-hitting. But still, every class can power 1-100 just fine.
  • Tossing up between Predator and Ranger. Love both, but Predator is nerfed into the ground. I'm better with Predator and have an extensive stance system so Knifeplay is childsplay for me, but Ranger as far as I know wasn't beaten with the nerf stick.

And Ranger gets Deadaim too, so.... /thinking
  • Predator is pretty great from my experience with it at least, even after whatever changes were made. I don't really have much trouble tearing through things.
  • Viv said:
    Predator is pretty great from my experience with it at least, even after whatever changes were made. I don't really have much trouble tearing through things.
    Yes, aside from the relative squishiness of the class its bashing was never diminished from the changes - they were purely nerfs in Player COmbat. It's good to hear the class can still bash.
  • Its bashing was diminished. They used to be not even remotely as squishy as they are now. Predator's physical resists were through the roof prior to a couple of years ago.
  • edited October 2018
    Through the roof is certainly not how I'd describe it. You had things like Spacing which helped with PK damage, but did nothing for Bashing. Unless you're talking about things like Earthshield and Bliss from Clerics, they didn't have much aside from Leather armor and a banded shield (which they wore) for physical stuff.  Definitely not how I'd describe them.

EDIT: But then again, thinking about it, that was when I stopped playing. Entirely possible changes happened to give them higher defenses or whatever. I didn't think of that.
  • Predator bashing is a machine.  Less of a machine than it used to be, but a machine nonetheless, though I find it a bit high maintenance compared to others, so it's not what I'd recommend if you're just looking for cruise control to aspect.
    Developer of the Valkryja system - forum thread | code repository
  • edited October 2018
    Titus said:
    Through the roof is certainly not how I'd describe it. You had things like Spacing which helped with PK damage, but did nothing for Bashing. Unless you're talking about things like Earthshield and Bliss from Clerics, they didn't have much aside from Leather armor and a banded shield (which they wore) for physical stuff.  Definitely not how I'd describe them.
    Spacing did work for bashing. There was a 'SPACE ALL' command or something to that effect, to use while bashing. Don't have my old system anymore, so can't fetch the defup tables I had compiled. All I know is Shou (and Karne on his old char) used to be about as tanky as a knight, in terms of damage taken.
  • Titus said:
    Tossing up between Predator and Ranger. Love both, but Predator is nerfed into the ground. I'm better with Predator and have an extensive stance system so Knifeplay is childsplay for me, but Ranger as far as I know wasn't beaten with the nerf stick.

And Ranger gets Deadaim too, so.... /thinking
    Stances are automatic now when you do 'attack <thing>', you basically just cycle through lateral/vertical as your basic attack. Provided you start in the right stance, of course. So, probably makes it even easier for you.