Skip to content

Mudlet UI

2»

Comments

• So GMCP.vitals.health ?  Not what I assumed it was, so thanks for clarifying.
    Developer of the Valkryja system - forum thread | code repository
  • gmcp.Char.Vitals.health is your elixir balance.

You can see the list of information sent by GMCP here
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Managed to do a handful of things today:

• Fixed up capture of balances
    • There's some icons for defences that didn't have them
    • The unused hotbar indicator label now displays how much Belief you've accrued today
    • A variety of small bugfixes

The belief doesn't scrape automagically, yet, I'll probably do that tomorrow

Playing with a way to safely externalize scripts for passion play, but it'll probably be a bit off unless I get a good head/low pain day enough I can sit down with it
  • Some more changes the past few days:

• The hotbar now should much more properly detect class and apply the hotbar icons for that class
    • Auto-basher will now resume on several conditions it didn't before - stuns, writhes, and getting free of the Wickerman cage
    • City/council messages are now captured in the chat box
    • Moved the config to the mud-specific sections, so you can easily run multiple instances of Valk for different muds
    • Cleaned up a lot of the code formatting

Interested in hearing what people would find to be useful hotbar icons for their respective class.

Still planning on working on the Passion Play idea (I mean, it would be useful for automating a lot of RP stuff I do on Hava, so its definitely on my radar), but I've been trying to be responsive to the comments people have had on the system and work on things y'all want, too :)

Reminder that the code repository is here: http://gitea.postactiv.com/postActiv/Valkyrior/  and we have a discord here: https://discord.gg/cshjSxJ
  • I did a bunch more cleanup with the hotbar and art in general last night, let me know if anything breaks!
    Additionally, berzerker bashing messages now get condensed from 6-9 lines into 1.  Less spam!
  • edited September 2018
    A bunch of changes over the past month:
    • Chat capture window is now scrollable
    • The nameplate will now display your avatar from the site if one is set.
    • You can now set the typeface/font you want used in most of the UI
    • Attribute display by the nameplate should work
    • You can now customise the graphic, position, and dimensions of the information box, chatbox, and the map console.
    • You can now set your own hotbar button graphics, actions, and tooltips.
    • Gagging of captured in the main console can now be enabled and disabled as desired (defaults to gagging)
    • Likewise, gagging of the prompt is now configurable (defaults to gagging)
    • Ironed out a lot of install issues (but keep them coming if you have any!  I want to iron that stuff out)
    • A lot of general bug squishing
    Reminder that we have a discord channel here: https://discord.gg/cshjSxJ - many of the improvements to the system has been a result of discussion in this channel so I'd like to thank everyone whose popped in so far!

You can download the system from here: http://gitea.postactiv.com/postActiv/Valkyrior
  • Been working on this thing so much I haven't actually been as active in the game because its playing away from the gaming time, eheh.

A handful of more changes, mostly in the backend, but the hotbar position and dimensions are now something you customise, allowing players to customise the UI all the more (only the nameplate remains baked into the graphics now, and thats next on my todo list)
  • edited October 2018
    Check out this new Mudlet tech:

• I mean it's nice, but I still don't have a function to load a file from disk or tell if I got disconnected.
  • Thats not what I asked for, but thanks for hijacking my thread to show off anyways.
  • edited October 2018
    That's a pretty shitty way to respond to the guy who creates the very thing you're using, when he was offering ways to do exactly what you were talking about doing...
    Just saying. Could have just said you didn't wanna do it that way.
  • If he wants to ego-surf there's better ways and better places to do it than trying to put people down.  Now let's stop derailing my thread please.
  • Can an admin rename this thread to "Havamal's Mudlet UI thread" so that the developer of Mudlet isn't confused about where to share cool new Mudlet UI features?
  • Havamal said:
    If he wants to ego-surf there's better ways and better places to do it than trying to put people down.  Now let's stop derailing my thread please.
    Except it wasn't even his video. Not sure what "ego surfing" he's doing.
    Your original post says to "let you know what you think" - it's not exactly off-topic to be answering that. Nor is it off-topic to be discussing possible elements that you could be doing. He was entirely in the scope of what you set out for the thread.
  • Implemented discord live presence, with some help from Vadi:

• edited May 2020
    So, this hasn't gone anywheres, I just haven't been posting to the forums.

I have renamed the system after another spelling of Valkryie since I managed to snag it as a domain, Valkryja

It now has a launch screen that allows you to jump into any of the supported MUDs:

Many classes' default bashing strikes are now concat'd, as well as mob deaths, to cut down on the spam when bashing:

You can now target up to ten different targets, which Valkryja will iterate through if you send just st:

When reporting targets, it will also send it to ring if that is enabled, including your room num (this can be disabled).  If the PVP mode is enabled, it will automatically unally and enemy the current target.

I have created a means of provided text of both Valkryja system messages and the mud messages captured with my new Logsogumandr module.  Included is an incomplete and probably dodgy norrønt translation of a very limited number of things.

You can now gag all the spammy realm messages from the plagues and Fight Club.  Thank the dead gods.  You can disable/enable that as you desire.  They're separate options.

The autobasher will automatically wield weapons it you set left and right to appropriate vnums.  I need to work on automating this further.

Gold and credits display on the hotbar is now updated much more reliably.  I need to take the tokens display out, but I've been lazy about it since you still technically get them.

Non-binary gender now captures properly.

Defences squelching for repeat messages now much more reliable.

We now track the number of curatives we have available, and loss/gain of clotting balance, and work has begun on tracking what abilities the player has available to a given character.

There are now icons for the various balances:

The code for tracking the gain and loss of different statuses now is much better optimised.  It also throws events your own code can work off of. 

The ingame ASCII map is now displayed along with room information in a Map panel.  I prefer it to the Mudlet mapper, which I've never gotten to work properly sticking it into the UI.  But I suppose someone enterprising could overlay it if they desired.

Hotbars for several classes have been filled in, though I still want to get some consensus for quite a few of them as to what people value having on there:

There's a lot of boring backend changes to better clean up, modularise, and optimise the code, too, but you can find the boring details on the gitlab instance if that appeals to you.

So to end on, lets step back a moment, here's what the full UI looks like:

A gentle reminder that Valkryja's free distribution is under the AGPL, which is a copyleft license which requires clear and present attribution if you creative derivative works.

My next focus is on redoing an auto-installer, I had one, but it was hacky anyways, and stopped working.

If you have any questions or comment, feel free to leave them here, or join the discord I have for Valk, here: https://discord.gg/U5aTNY