Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Could guild favours be made static in value across the board?

I'm not sure if Imperian still follows the original IRE code wherein the strength of a guild favour depends on the guild rank of the favourer. But if it does, please consider simplifying things for everyone and just have all favours be of the same strength regardless of guild rank. Thanks!
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • Can there be achievements for the newer types of arena games (overrun et all)
  • Change the champion month to ig yearly with a command change. More tokens, more immersion, more chances for Septus to get stupidly long streaks.
  • Being able to request packages to hold more objects in post offices cause letters can only hold five things so that I can mail stuff easier would be pretty nifty.
  • Deklan said:
    Being able to request packages to hold more objects in post offices cause letters can only hold five things so that I can mail stuff easier would be pretty nifty.
    You can mail containers to ship more than 5 things.
  • Yeah but i gotta buy the container and there are very few cheap containers out there. Just seems like a silly waste of money to me.
  • edited September 2018
    An idea I had buried in my hard drive from ages back and found after digging around for an unrelated document. Used Pol'pera as a reference for it but I wager it could be relatively easy (well, probably not but its not impossible, right?  o:) )to expand this to all townes.

Spoilered for text wall tl;dr reasons.

Defend Pol'pera!
    Idea:

Pol'pera gets attacked three times a week by two different forces.
    "DAYTIME"
    - Random attack/raid from Schrov'ik can occur between 12 AM GST to 6 AM GST

- Mobs, bashable, lasts 4/5/6 waves?

- Failure results in occupation of Pol'pera by Horde forces. 
    Occupation means: 
    x Destruction of towne defences
    x Missing guards/soldiers
    x Cessation of towne production
    x Massive rise in towne fear
    x Massive drop in production satisfaction
    x Remainder of hostile mobs from whatever wave was failed.
      ???
    Removing occupation:
    x Kill all the remaining mobs before the next raid starts
    x Rescue missing guards/soldiers 
      ???

NIGHTFALL

Same structure, different values.

Shadowy beasts from below Pol'pera will be making incursions into Pol'pera three times a week (alternating from the Horde raid) between the hours of 6PM GMT to 12 AM GMT.

Same wave structure as with Horde raid.

Failure results in:
    x Bloody remains that require comms to clean
    x Missing soldiers and citizens (miners) that require rescuing
    x Cessation of production until order is restored
    x Massive rise to towne fear, more than Horde

Success in either scenario:
    o Temp boost in the commodity(ies) that are currently selected
    o Temp attack/defense buff to towne mobs
    o Drop in towne fear, if any
  • OhmOhm
    edited September 2018
    With the influx of novices might not be a bad idea to get some novice guides. We haven't seen them in a while
  • Ohm said:
    With the influx of novices might not be a bad idea to get some novice guides. We haven't seen them in a while
    They still exist, but I'm not sure they are being managed at all.

• The overall value of Guides in Imperian is something that we've questioned. Overall we feel that players contributing on Newbie at the moment is more valuable than dedicated Guides
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    The overall value of Guides in Imperian is something that we've questioned. Overall we feel that players contributing on Newbie at the moment is more valuable than dedicated Guides
    I would honestly rather have a flag for city/council membership that takes over the role HoN's used to have. Cities are the catch-all for newbies now, and Newbie has devolved way too often into unhelpful chatter or people speaking up about stuff that's discouraging or incorrect. If we have more supportive structure around capturing and aiding newbies within the org structure then we can also do better about building those initial social links, setting theme and RP hooks, and ensuring they have starting equipment and basic knowledge to get them moving forward in the game post newbie areas. 

Right now they get past the newbie areas and just get...dumped into overwhelming land of text with no real guidance (something guilds used to provide, and cities are terrible at).

• The difficulty in starting out in Imperian when you're a newbie is the main reason I revamped all the novice CHELPs in Khandava. When you're already established, it's easy to forget that 20 herbs, 12 vials, a vialbelt, 3 pipes, a tinderbox, and armour can be a bit overwhelming. Not to mention there's a feeling of "What do I do next?" after the intro.

One simple (I think so, anyway) idea that I have in relation to @Krysaliss's is to have a city novice channel (CNT), similar to the old GNT.

Yes, there are some of us who go out of our way to reach out to newbies and see if they need help, but speaking up in the main CT might still be a bit intimidating to someone new. Having a dedicated channel designed for newbies might go a long way to make them feel, "Oh, yes, I can ask my silly questions here because this channel was made for people like me."
  • Mereis said:
    The difficulty in starting out in Imperian when you're a newbie is the main reason I revamped all the novice CHELPs in Khandava. When you're already established, it's easy to forget that 20 herbs, 12 vials, a vialbelt, 3 pipes, a tinderbox, and armour can be a bit overwhelming. Not to mention there's a feeling of "What do I do next?" after the intro.

One simple (I think so, anyway) idea that I have in relation to @Krysaliss's is to have a city novice channel (CNT), similar to the old GNT.

Yes, there are some of us who go out of our way to reach out to newbies and see if they need help, but speaking up in the main CT might still be a bit intimidating to someone new. Having a dedicated channel designed for newbies might go a long way to make them feel, "Oh, yes, I can ask my silly questions here because this channel was made for people like me."
    All of this. Also, there is a pretty steep learning curve once you leave the intro. The busy-ness of CHELPs complicate that, whereas guilds were able to split off excess information/advanced info into clans, cities largely don't. So it's often harder for new players to know where to start. Without established channels to funnel new players into, ESPECIALLY with the new spam in the city logs, it's easy to miss them. I would LOVE something like an academy or a CNT.

• Once you're out of the intro, you're pretty much dropped dumb into the world and expected to make your own way.  I couldn't tell you how much of my discord is just helping people get situated with the game as much as the system.
    Developer of the Valkryja system - forum thread | code repository
  • I agree that Guilds still play a role in providing RP flavour and context, and support them. That said, keeping a fully-stocked GWHO and CWHO 'round the clock is a challenge. Personally, I'd vastly prefer someone reaching out with well-intentioned but incorrect, non-expert information via NEWBIE over silence any day (read: y'all suck, QQ). In most cases, I also feel that the game has enough "reset" buttons built into it to prevent major mishaps for the casual (read: free, non aspect-rushing) player.
  • Currently, preserver bags (AB ENGINEERING PRESERVER) has a limit of 5 items.

Can we have different-sized bags with larger storage space?

First, change the current version of Preserver to be SmallPreserver.

FASHION MEDIUMPRESERVER uses up 2 SmallPreservers. Needs a forge. Expands capacity to 10.

FASHION LARGEPRESERVER uses up 2 MediumPreservers. Needs a forge. Expands capacity to 20.

Really, it's mostly for convenience. I hate having to carry around a bunch of preserver bags and then finding a way to script the heck around the capacity limitation :(
  • As I understand it, most screenreader users mute out non-alphanumeric characters ( !@#$%^ et cetera). With this in mind, can secret channels (GT vs GTS, for example) be differentiated by more than (Wraithweald): and <<Wraithweald>>:? 
  • Make HAPPYBIRTHDAY a little bigger, maybe.  And if so, how much bigger is... whatever seems good, I suppose.
  • Swale said:
    Make HAPPYBIRTHDAY a little bigger, maybe.  And if so, how much bigger is... whatever seems good, I suppose.
    It will now give 100 credits instead of 25.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited October 2018
    wtb 75 credits from September 30th bday. :(
  • Curious about the "Punpkin King". Why wouldn't the entire group get the 25 credits that helped?

Congratulations! You have received 25 bound credits for killing the Punpkin King! You take 88 golden sovereigns from the corpse as you pick it up.
  • As with all bosses, only the person that kills him will receive the credits. I've fixed the two typos in that message (it's actually 100 credits now, and it's a Pumpkin)
  • Tyden said:
    wtb 75 credits from September 30th bday. :(
    I'm the 24th ;)  For me, logging in for HAPPYBIRTHDAY is basically like my compulsion to never waste gift certificates anyway :(  I logged in on Imperian, Aetolia, and Lusternia on the 25th while riding a boat to Alcatraz so I wouldn't "waste" it.  
  • Did they start putting people in Alcatraz again?  ;)
  • I've retroactively awarded 75 more credits to anyone who received their birthday gift after the first of last month (2018-09-01)
  • Yeah, but then they kicked us out :(
  • "As with all bosses, they only give the killing blow the credits"

So where's the incentive for anyone else to help you with a boss?  Well, the chance they might luck out and get it, I guess, but this is a mechanic at odds with the multiplayer nature of the game and really ought not be in there.
  • Havamal said:
    "As with all bosses, they only give the killing blow the credits"

So where's the incentive for anyone else to help you with a boss?  Well, the chance they might luck out and get it, I guess, but this is a mechanic at odds with the multiplayer nature of the game and really ought not be in there.
    That isn't correct, though... Everyone who hits a boss gets dailycredits, so I'm not sure where that comment even came from.

I agree with Tyden it's a little stupid if you have to be the person to get the killing blow, when it comes to the Pumpkin King.
  • I agree with Tyden it's a little stupid if you have to be the person to get the killing blow, when it comes to the Pumpkin King.
    Yeah ... given the great lengths you have to go to, to summon it, and the fact that you need assistance to do so, the fact that the people assisting you are basically getting nothing out of it is one of those things that makes me wonder how much they thought this through.
  • If it's not an issue to make, could we have something akin to Achaea's 'queue addclear <type> <action>'? -- Basically clearing the the last added action, and adding a new one in its place. Rather than needing to queue reset then queue action.
    So if I did queue eqbal punch eoghan, then did queue addclear eqbal kick eoghan, it'd basically replace the punching with a kicking instead.