Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• The easy answer is 'it plays music'
    The more technical answer is it has little room messages.
    Developer of the Valkryja system - forum thread | code repository
  • You can also attach a recorder to it (AB ENGINEERING RECORDER).
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Oh, I forgot about those!  Yes :)
  • edited September 2018
    Lore-related question:

Is there a way to know just which sun is dominant? (HELP SUNS is my reference.)

It might be cool to have sun-related things more prominently seen, like the moons. In FORECAST, maybe, like how STARGAZE shows moons information? Or just have it all in STARGAZE. Suns are stars, too!

currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • edited September 2018
    During the day, there are various sun-related messages that allude to which sun is currently present in the sky. (It's currently 'Ab)
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • What is a potstill and where do I get one? I can't find any info in help files or any for sale in shops.
  • Tyanna said:
    What is a potstill and where do I get one? I can't find any info in help files or any for sale in shops.
    Looks like you can buy them from your city's trade office. HELP LIBATIONS says that.
    Proprietor: Nobody.
    --------(Item)-------(Description)----------------------------(Stock)-(Price)-
         potstill247776: a copper pot still                          249   3000gp

• Ok, I'm sorry I didn't read well enough. I was searching for the word potstill.
  • edited September 2018

A faceless eternal snarls angrily at you and moves in for the kill.

Image result for hello there gif

This robed humanoid is extremely tall and thin. The body is completely covered in a luminescent white robe which stretches downs its body and flows away from it in all directions once it touches the floor. The cowl has been pulled back to expose its only visible feature, a smooth, featureless head. Despite it's lack of facial features, the beast seem to stare at you through unseen eyes.
    A faceless eternal has an air of extreme strength.

Moments later:

You have been slain by a faceless eternal.

Image result for what just happened

• Can the rooms in the Tome of the Rashirmir be rewritten? I don't currently have one, I just wonder if it's possible.
  • edited September 2018
    @Deklan They can't be changed, sadly. :( It would be incredible if they could.
  • @Deklan I've killed a couple of those when they popped up randomly in Erorag.

I have no idea what they are, either.
  • Havamal said:
    @Deklan I've killed a couple of those when they popped up randomly in Erorag.

I have no idea what they are, either.
    Faceless eternals are a product of the eternity card.

Eternity
    - Character Target: When killed by a player, an eternal will appear for vengeance. (Full death, not on starburst)
    - Mob Target: When this mob is killed by a player, an eternal will appear for vengeance.
    - Expires after 60 minutes.

• Galt said:
    @Deklan They can't be changed, sadly. :( It would be incredible if they could.
    So much for my d&d dungeon plan :/
  • edited September 2018
    Where are there demons these days, for the achievement? Only ones I could find are in Inner Feinhorn, and there's not a whole lot of them. Macabre Tunnels and Demon Stone both are absent of them. Not sure where else any are :|
  • Where are there demons these days, for the achievement? Only ones I could find are in Inner Feinhorn, and there's not a whole lot of them. Macabre Tunnels and Demon Stone both are absent of them. Not sure where else any are :|
    IIRC Underworld has some.
  • Where are there demons these days, for the achievement? Only ones I could find are in Inner Feinhorn, and there's not a whole lot of them. Macabre Tunnels and Demon Stone both are absent of them. Not sure where else any are :|
    The Overrun game has a demonic set(which actually just got fixed)
  • Mercer said:
    Where are there demons these days, for the achievement? Only ones I could find are in Inner Feinhorn, and there's not a whole lot of them. Macabre Tunnels and Demon Stone both are absent of them. Not sure where else any are :|
    The Overrun game has a demonic set(which actually just got fixed)
    It worked before if you specified "demon" but specifying "demonic" was broken. Both work correctly now.
  • edited September 2018
    There are a handful in one of the later waves of UW Stavenn. Best bet is to get the token coin for the instance area or be prepared to slowpoke along the achievement.
    E: Do the overrun/other PvE arena event ones count? E2: Refresh OP
  • This is probably a no-brainer, but I figure I should ask for clarification regardless. Since some of the other IRE games have differing rules regarding them...
    It's my understanding you're allowed to xfer unbound credits to your other characters, provided they were bought from the website and not from CFS. Ditto for tokens + elite, because they are counted as OOC purchases and thus you can do what you like with them...
    What is the ruling on 'promo items' that were obtained from OOC purchases, and not via in-game means? As in, stuff like earrings or alluring gems and what have you, from phylacteries etc? I'm gonna guess that once opened, they don't count as OOC anymore, but like I said: clarification.
  • This is probably a no-brainer, but I figure I should ask for clarification regardless. Since some of the other IRE games have differing rules regarding them...
    It's my understanding you're allowed to xfer unbound credits to your other characters, provided they were bought from the website and not from CFS. Ditto for tokens + elite, because they are counted as OOC purchases and thus you can do what you like with them...
    What is the ruling on 'promo items' that were obtained from OOC purchases, and not via in-game means? As in, stuff like earrings or alluring gems and what have you, from phylacteries etc? I'm gonna guess that once opened, they don't count as OOC anymore, but like I said: clarification.
    I would also like to know this..

I had tokens from my Elite, and I transferred them to an alt because I had no use for them.. but I'm happy to transfer them back if this isn't allowed. (I just went based on Achaea ruling, as I couldn't find anything in HELP SECONDS or HELP MULTIPLAYING, or HELP CREDITS, like Achaea has.)
  • If it was obtained via OOC means directly (direct purchase, iron elite) then you can freely transfer them between your characters.
  • Eoghan said:
    If it was obtained via OOC means directly (direct purchase, iron elite) then you can freely transfer them between your characters.
    Is this the same for stuff from phylacteries and such? Or is it no longer 'direct purchase' once they've been opened?
  • Eoghan said:
    If it was obtained via OOC means directly (direct purchase, iron elite) then you can freely transfer them between your characters.
    Is this the same for stuff from phylacteries and such? Or is it no longer 'direct purchase' once they've been opened?
    Yes, if going directly from the character that originally received the phylactery to another character on the same registration. Note that if it's an item that can only be traded once it will be bound to the character to which it is transferred and we will NOT manually unbind it.
  • Eoghan said:
    Eoghan said:
    Yes, if going directly from the character that originally received the phylactery to another character on the same registration. Note that if it's an item that can only be traded once it will be bound to the character to which it is transferred and we will NOT manually unbind it.
    Alright, thanks. :)
  • edited December 2018

Edit: I have submitted a bug report for this already, it's #65942.
    Was messing around collecting focus numbers (cause i keep forgetting to properly update my system for it) for dualshot and snapshot and... this happens

I'm not even sniping! WHY
    Image result for supernatural surprise gif

Tested this in the coliseum with @Iabella and @Hyperionus just to make sure it wasn't some weird self-target glitch and no, it's not.

• Wow. That's  bloody powerful.
  • Deklan said:

Edit: I have submitted a bug report for this already, it's #65942.
    Was messing around collecting focus numbers (cause i keep forgetting to properly update my system for it) for dualshot and snapshot and... this happens

THANK YOU!

Seeing the actual bleed amount to the exact number clued me in to what was going on.  The cause was a variable underflow.  5957 * 11 is the maximum value that can be stored in a two byte unsigned number.  This has now been fixed.  
  • being an outrider lover I'm drooling at the thought of a blood freeze from that bleed. xD (assuming you could get it in before the tick)
  • @Dec that means sniper is also fixed now?