Skip to content

Improving Imperian

I'm rebooting the Improving Imperian thread. The old thread hasn't been touched in a while, and much of its content is stale.

This thread exists to suggest improvements to players' general day-to-day life. It is a place to suggest quality-of-life improvements to the game.

This thread is NOT a place to discuss the finer points of class balance, or in fact anything combat related. This thread is STRICTLY for non-combat mechanical changes. If it would fall under classleads or a class revamp, it doesn't belong here. Anything else is fair game.

If you have any suggestions, want to see improved usage from a command, or have a new idea, please reply in this thread! Not all suggestions will be implemented, but all suggestions are welcome. Discussion of submitted ideas is fine, but be civil, and don't retread the same path too many times. I'll be moderating this thread as necessary to keep it on track.

Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote

Comments

• Could VIALBELT FILL <vialbelt> FROM <container> and REFILL <vialbelt> FROM <flask> be condensed into one command or be used interchangeably?
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • Mereis said:

Could VIALBELT FILL <vialbelt> FROM <container> and REFILL <vialbelt> FROM <flask> be condensed into one command or be used interchangeably?
    Coming from other games... Can we have "refill <vialbelt> WITH <elixir>" as a command that does the same thing, as well?
  • Reliable token generation.

Complete 10 spawnwaves and get 1 token.
  • Eochaid said:
    Reliable token generation.

Complete 10 spawnwaves and get 1 token.
    Good start, but it might need added restrictions so that people (read: Aspects) don't just bash RWC/Shulgaran/Ironwood/BH/Cinua on loop.

How about, if you get 200 dailycredits over the course of an in-game year, you get 1 token?

1 IG year is 12.5 RL days, or 240-260 dailycredits if maxed out (the 20-credit difference is due to the fact that the new year can fall before or after that 0.5 RL day change.
  • edited September 2018
    Generic/gmcp action lines.

A single shop inventory with normal/crafter/pet space in a big pool (eg 250 normal slots, 100 crafter slots, 50 pet slots) and separate organization (shop categories add blah, shop itemname shelf categoryname).

• More 'stunt items' for the tradeskills so we know what they are if they're... odd? Unusual?. I'm looking at the sling pattern and I can't figure out if it's a sling for broken arms, a sling for large weapons, or a sling for throwing rocks, then again it's in tailoring so it's probably for arms.
    And the fascinator, the heck is a fascinator. More like bewilder-er.
  • - Tail cooldown lines much like those that were added to balm.
    - Have scepter and amulet not fire on guards unless you're enemied/unwelcome.
  • I think slowing down IC time would be a good change. Maybe make a RL day an IC week?
  • Rokas said:
    I think slowing down IC time would be a good change. Maybe make a RL day an IC week?
    Please no, this has to be one of the worst changes Aetolia made. It has to be one of the few things I hated about MKO, it just made things awkward as hell with trying to figure times out.
  • Rokas said:
    I think slowing down IC time would be a good change. Maybe make a RL day an IC week?
    Please no, this has to be one of the worst changes Aetolia made. It has to be one of the few things I hated about MKO, it just made things awkward as hell with trying to figure times out.
    Oh god yes, Aetolia's is terrible, I never have any idea how to tell people an IC time anymore, it doesn't at all line up in any sensible fashion.

Moreover, as we've already seen with the age change, there's so many problems changing the frame of reference there arises with coding things.
    Developer of the Valkryja system - forum thread | code repository
  • Can we please allow more of the current artifacts to have their powers moved to other artifacts, including token artifacts. I know that the token ones may not be possible because they can't be traded in but I would really loved to just have one artifact for everything that has to just be worn/ in your inventory.
  • Many of the token artifacts were at one time normal artifacts that they moved to token wares to make tokens more desirable - at the cost of not being able to move the artifact powers around like that, or be able to gift them to other people.  I'd be strongly in favour of moving those back to normal artifacts now, especially since that would increase their general availability.
  • A single alias for all mobs within a given spawnwave area.

• Can we increase base tradein amount of promo items from 1 credit? I get that it's free items and all, but since assembly pieces are basically never going to sell at this point except the very rare things, it'd be nice... Otherwise it's just clutter :/
  • edited September 2018
    Daganev said:
    A single alias for all mobs within a given spawnwave area.

A single alias for all mobs that are supposed  to be in that area. Cant count how many times pets have been caught in the crosshairs of someones autobasher. or been nuked by someone with a scepter.
  • It would be nice to be able to pause an xp buff. When I have one active, I feel like I have to keep bashing or it will be wasted, which makes you miss a lot of other activities and character development, especially since you start getting the buffs at a low level.
  • You can choose when to activate them. It'd be nice if you could do something like
    ACHIEVEMENT BONUS SPLIT <hours>
    And it'd break it up into hour-long ones instead. So if you split a 12 hour one, you'd get 12 1-hour long ones instead.
  • edited September 2018
    Alternatively, 'less is more'. Instead of 6, 9, 12, 24 hour bonuses we instead get a max of 1 hour at the standard 100% bonus, 45 mins at 125%, 30 mins at 150% and 15 mins at 175%, and maybe remove them from the achievement system (thus allowing more things to be flat XP gain, lessons, token wares etc?) putting the XP bonuses in a daily reset pool that's based off levels. Reducing the charges so it's balanced out to be ultimately the same, just a higher percentage bonus for less time.
  • edited September 2018
    Deklan said:
    Alternatively, 'less is more'. Instead of 6, 9, 12, 24 hour bonuses we instead get a max of 1 hour at the standard 100% bonus, 45 mins at 125%, 30 mins at 150% and 15 mins at 175%, and maybe remove them from the achievement system (thus allowing more things to be flat XP gain, lessons, token wares etc?) putting the XP bonuses in a daily reset pool that's based off levels. Reducing the charges so it's balanced out to be ultimately the same, just a higher percentage bonus for less time.
    I'd be in favour of removing achievement bonuses entirely, and tying an exp bonus in with the 'daily' stuff. Replace the xp bonus achievements with more lessons / bound credits.
    XPBONUS ACTIVATE - usable once per day. Resets the same time as dailycredits (and removes the defence when it resets as well, to prevent timer abuse). Grants 150% exp for 1 hour.
  • edited September 2018
    It sure is lame to do an achievement that takes literally days to week and get a stupid doll, or an xp bonus that ultimately is nowheres near an award worth that effort.

Being unable to pause favors or many buffs actually drives down engagement actively, since people log off to preserve them.
  • I'm unsure of whether this is a 'combat' issue, but can SHARD ANATOMY / WILDLIFE / ADRENALINE not vanish on the slightest disconnect? 
  • HELP LEYLINES - include the priest's vnum (30885) or include which area he is in (Lost Forest)

GREET PRIEST - have this give a reply with mxp options, change his reply to something more leading or make the keywords more versatile. It seems you have to specifically say "I wish to learn". Saying learn, teach, leylines, help didn't get any reply from him.
  • Mereis said:
    I'm unsure of whether this is a 'combat' issue, but can SHARD ANATOMY / WILDLIFE / ADRENALINE not vanish on the slightest disconnect? 
    Alternatively, make it so that sect (high)favours can be given in increments of 15 or even 30 minutes, rather than just by hour.

I just...really hate it when those two don't sync up :<.
  • Tyanna said:
    HELP LEYLINES - include the priest's vnum (30885) or include which area he is in (Lost Forest)

GREET PRIEST - have this give a reply with mxp options, change his reply to something more leading or make the keywords more versatile. It seems you have to specifically say "I wish to learn". Saying learn, teach, leylines, help didn't get any reply from him.
    If you say any phrase containing the word that shows up in red when you greet him, he'll teach you. I don't remember what I said to him, but it wasn't "I wish to learn" I remember that much.
  • Nothing shows up in red, is what I'm saying.

You greet a high priest of Moradeim with a sincere smile.
    A high priest of Moradeim says, "Greetings Tyanna. How may I assist you this day?"

You say, "I want to learn more about leylines."

You say, "Can you teach me?"

A high priest of Moradeim says, "Greetings Tyanna. How may I assist you this day?"

You say, "Do you need help?"

You say, "I want to learn leylines."

You poke at a high priest of Moradeim.

You say, "I want to learn leylines?"

(ring members told me the catch phrase)

You say, "I wish to learn."

A high priest of Moradeim says, "Very well Tyanna. You now know about the leylines. Use this information wisely."
  • CONFIG WHOCOLOR is a clunky mess that every time I try to use I give up after five minutes of getting nowhere.  It's several steps back from just having that stuff in CONFIG COLOR as it was before.  We should make it less of a headache.
  • We have orgcredit generation.

What about guild credits?
  • Eochaid said:
    We have orgcredit generation.

What about guild credits?
    I literally came to the forums to ask this question.