Skip to content

[Mudlet] Starlight & Moonlight Systems

edited August 2018 in Scripting
Pre-note: If an admin could please lock/delete the last thread here that would be appreciated! It's gonna be redundant after this.
Pre-note2: This does require the most recent version of Mudlet. As it uses a number of the newer features included in it. I can't safely say it'll work very well otherwise.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Belatedly after what I had stated in my last thread, I've done a few overhauls to how the system handles things. I should have uploaded this a couple of days ago, but time got away from me while I was writing things to go with it. Also I'd decided to write a better outline of what, exactly, the system does rather than just throwing it up and saying "have at it."

What is it?

Starlight is the primary workings of the system. It handles everything behind the scenes, for the most part, that holds all of the system and its addons (current, and future) together to keep them all working smoothly. On top of this, it handles the "curing" side of things. Pipes, deffing up, curing priorities (when I get around to working out some kinks with it), you name it. If it's not combat/killing-oriented, then it's probably handled by Starlight.

Moonlight encompasses all of the offensive side of Imperian. Particularly, bashing and PvP. That's pretty much it, really. It has fully-fledged targeting for making your bashing quicker and hassle-free. For PvP it has (or will when I get around to salves/limb tracking) tracking for basically anything related to your target's status. Rebounding, shield, afflictions, et cetera. Though I haven't gotten around to adding its usage to the documentation yet; it took a while to get Starlight's portion done.

For any addon that is used with Starlight, please see its respective stub in the addon thread.

Sounds great! Where do I get it?

It is hosted on my google drive, because of how I plan to release updates for it. Rather than clogging up the forum thread every time I make a change, I will instead flag an update in the system. Then, when you next use slupdate or login to the game, the system will notify you of an update and direct you to where to download it from.

Documentation for everything related to the system can be found here.

Installation instructions are there, as well.

If it's free and does all of this, what's the catch?

There isn't one, really. With Imperian going free to play, my hope is that having a readily-available and fleshed-out system will help people get over the initial hurdle of learning the game, and allow them to focus more on the game itself. Rather than spending days reading help files, or scouring around for scripts to help them with the barebones of Imperian.

The "catch" if anything, is that I'm not going to spend my time talking through the system with people. Having dealt with particular people in the past, I was half-reluctant to post this in first place. I've tried to make the documentation as succinct and polished as possible. If you have any questions, I would encourage you to read through that and hope you find your answer.

If you have problems with the system, you can try and message me and we'll see if there's something that can be done. If you find a bug, message me. Please preface the message with SM BUG: <your bug> or something to that effect, so I know to actually take note of the message rather than skip over it like I probably would otherwise.

Enjoy.

Comments

• "Pre-note2: This does require the most recent version of Mudlet. As it uses a number of the newer features included in it. I can't safely say it'll work very well otherwise."

For people who come here in the future, can you post the actual version number?  I'm assuming you mean 3.12?
  • Daganev said:
    "Pre-note2: This does require the most recent version of Mudlet. As it uses a number of the newer features included in it. I can't safely say it'll work very well otherwise."

For people who come here in the future, can you post the actual version number?  I'm assuming you mean 3.12?
    Safe bet that "most recent" will apply to whatever version Mudlet is up to, at the time you read the post. If Mudlet is up to 4.17.3 when they read it, it will probably be best to use that.
  • Minor update to add Summoner stuff to the system. Info in the changelog (can summon it with changelog alias!)

If anyone else decides to use it, and needs 'special' class things added, feel free to poke me and we can see if we can't work something out. Make sure to read the documentation first, to ensure it's not already covered by it.
  • [1.2]
    Rather bigger update. A few important things fixed.

Info, again, in the changelog!
  • [1.3]
    Another update, that I should have released a while ago. Mostly minor fixes and a few neat additions people wanted.
  • edited September 2018
    What professions and circles does the PvP section work for?  Will it take into account a new player's situation, namely not being transcendent and thus not having all combat skills?
  • The combat portion doesn't take into account much because it doesn't fight for you. It's more of a helper.
  • As of today, I'm withdrawing support of this.

I'm regretting giving this to people, and will be turning it back into a personal-use system only. Anyone who's using it is free to still use whatever version they have without issue, version checking runs after the system's been loaded, you just won't be receiving updates to it from here on out. Nor will you be able to use the above links to download the current version if you don't already have it.

I might re-release it somewhere in the future. Until then, sorry. Havamal has a system for people to use if they desire one, I believe.
  • Too many people bugging you about it?
  • Ryse said:
    Too many people bugging you about it?
    No. A large number of factors; suffice it to say I won't be discussing it here on the forums.