Skip to content

Mudlet YATCO (demonnic) and Tells

I cannot seem to get tells to append to the Tells tab. My trigger, set to a perl regex, looks like this:
 ^(?:.+\s(\w+) tells you$

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I am quite new to coding, so any assistance would be marvelous.

PS- we should totes agree that Imperian should adopt something from Aetolia: the ability to config it to where all tells, regular and 'special' ones, have a prefix of (Tell): !! :tongue:

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I found it just way easier to do a color trigger for tells than to try and match it properly with regex given the variety of the choker lines. Config the tell colors to something unique, then select color trigger when making your pattern in the trigger.
  • You're trying to complicate this way too much.  Something like:

([\w\s,]+)tells you, "

Will trigger off the tell with the name of the person telling stored in the first variable. If you want to store the text of the tell too you can do

([\w\s,]+)tells you, "(.+)"
  • I use GMCP for chat capture. Works wonders for not having to deal with chokers and new clans and everything in between. It does introduce the problem of spammy npcs, though.
  • edited August 2018
    Rokas said:
    I use GMCP for chat capture. Works wonders for not having to deal with chokers and new clans and everything in between. It does introduce the problem of spammy npcs, though.
    GMCP doesn't pick up npc says. I'll post a thing later that completely and utterly removes all of that nonsense. Too sleepy to do it right now.
  • Rokas said:
    I use GMCP for chat capture. Works wonders for not having to deal with chokers and new clans and everything in between. It does introduce the problem of spammy npcs, though.
    GMCP doesn't pick up npc says.
    Tell that to Tobias.