Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Well, that only works for as long as you still have the conversion bonus, which only works for the first 2000 credits you bind whether that's from promos or any other sources (i think? i passed that threshold a long time ago, and now i also feel stupid. c'est la vie...) 
  • Are all shaman damage abilities buffed with increased Int and the collar of Pyralis, Diablerie or Gazali?
  • edited March 2018
    Rule of thumb:

SOURCE: Physical - scales w/ STR, usually artifact weapon or substitute of such
    SOURCE: Mental - scales w/ INT, collar
    SOURCE: Agile - scales w/ DEX, weapon (in case of Engineers)

Short answer: yeah, basically. Some restrictions apply, i.e Curse Steal Health is unsourced, as it is a flat % of maxHP.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Rule of thumb:

SOURCE: Physical - scales w/ STR, usually artifact weapon or substitute of such
    SOURCE: Mental - scales w/ INT, collar
    SOURCE: Agile - scales w/ DEX, weapon (in case of Engineers)

Short answer: yeah, basically. Some restrictions apply, i.e Curse Steal Health is unsourced, as it is a flat % of maxHP.
    Diabolist daeggers also fall under dex xD since diabolist is agile damage.
  • ZyvZyv
    edited March 2018
    I could've sworn I saw @Eoghan post this already in one of the other threads... At least sometime this year, but it's either disappeared or I was imagining things... I already stalked through like his last ~15 pages of posts on his profile, so I'm just gonna give up and ask... As well as tried forum searching the keywords...

What are the cooldowns on purge blood / tree / focus here? With and without transcendent in their respective skills (recovery for tree). I don't have them yet, so can't test myself.
  • Purge: 35 seconds prior to trans, 15 at trans. Earring reduces.
    Focus: 8 seconds prior to learning lucidity, 4 seconds with. If confounded, time = time * 3 / 2
    Tree: 30 seconds prior to learning recovery, 15 seconds with. Earring reduces.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • ZyvZyv
    edited March 2018
    Thank you :)

Last question because I forgot that even existed... What is the increase on herb balance if they're confounded? It makes it 2.5s right?
  • edited March 2018
       if player[ply].ConfoundBody then
          time += 50; (* centiseconds *)

(There are also other things that can impact herb balance)
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Yep, I know about stuff like slowherbs and all that jazz.

Thanks again!
  • Is there a way to make autocuring or something else refill your pipes and light them?
  • Eochaid said:
    Is there a way to make autocuring or something else refill your pipes and light them?
    Buy the expensive token ones!

There is not. It's been denied, when it was asked for :(

• The choice is to code up a pipe tracking system or pay 15 tokens for all three pipes?
  • ZyvZyv
    edited March 2018
    Eochaid said:
    The choice is to code up a pipe tracking system or pay 15 tokens for all three pipes?
    Yep! The former isn't too difficult, if you have pipelist to grab the pipes in the first place. Not sure how awful it would be without that though. Been a loooooong time since I've played any IRE game without it. Might be able to pull mine out of my system and upload it. Possibly.
  • Wanted to confirm something before I went ahead with buying an artifact. As a shaman I get the dove bone casting buff

Your health regeneration:
    Regen level 2                     5%        22
     - Dove Bone Image

I can't get higher than level 3 health regeneration the help file states. Buying: "Golden Band of Baar - Level 2 Health Regen:      850 credits" is overkill?
  • I just threw a 'put (thing I smoked) in empty' before my queued action whenever I smoked with 12 pipes, and I never had an issue.
  • Eochaid said:
    Wanted to confirm something before I went ahead with buying an artifact. As a shaman I get the dove bone casting buff

Your health regeneration:
    Regen level 2                     5%        22
     - Dove Bone Image

I can't get higher than level 3 health regeneration the help file states. Buying: "Golden Band of Baar - Level 2 Health Regen:      850 credits" is overkill?
    Correct, level one is the highest you should bother with.
  • ZyvZyv
    edited March 2018
    Hoping to get some clarification for a friend...

Regarding the artifact shields, it says this:
    For Berserkers, Truesilver shields do 10% more damage, Mithril 15% more damage, and Lunar do 20% more damage. All shields have the same speed.

This is easy enough to understand... However the confusion comes when actually testing these differences... Since he was told they're working as intended (when in fact, they are not).

PVP Damage:

The thrill of battle burning in his eyes, Artus advances towards you and slashes you with a shining longsword.
    Damage Taken: 33 cutting, physical (raw damage: 48)
    Artus clutches a lunar shield firmly, then slams it against you in a powerful strike.
    Damage Taken: 43 blunt, physical (raw damage: 63)

The thrill of battle burning in his eyes, Artus advances towards you and slashes you with a shining longsword.
    Artus clutches a tower shield firmly, then slams it against you in a powerful strike.
    Damage Taken: 36 blunt, physical (raw damage: 52)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Artus clutches a lunar shield firmly, then slams it against you in a powerful strike.
    Damage Taken: 54 blunt, physical (raw damage: 77)
    Maintaining his balance, Artus strikes out with the shield once again.

Artus clutches a tower shield firmly, then slams it against you in a powerful strike.
    Damage Taken: 44 blunt, physical (raw damage: 64)
    Artus takes a deep breath and lets out a devastating shout at you.
    Damage Taken: 49 psychic, physical (raw damage: 44)

As you can see, there is a very clear increase of 20% across the board, both in raw as well as 'actual' damage dealt, after rounding... However when it comes to bashing, this is where inconsistencies start happening...

You clutch a tower shield firmly, then slam it against a short-horned desert locust in a powerful strike.
    Damage dealt: 41 Remaining: 83.18%
    Maintaining your balance, you strike out with the shield once again.
    Damage dealt: 41 Remaining: 66.37%
    Balance Taken: 2.90s

You clutch a lunar shield firmly, then slam it against a short-horned desert locust in a powerful strike.
    You have scored a staggering blow!
    Damage dealt: 93 Remaining: 30.33%
    A short-horned desert locust springs to a short-horned desert locust's defence.
    A short-horned desert locust is startled into wakefulness.
    Damage dealt: 46 Remaining: 11.33%

It seems like in PvP, it's applying 20% per hit like it was advertised in the help file, which is what should be happening... But when it comes to PvE it is only applying it at 10% per hit (meaning 20% across the -combo- rather than 20% -per hit- like it's meant to) - My question is: Is this actually how it's meant to be, thus not working in a manner that the help file says they should be? Or are they indeed bugged, and he was told wrongly about it being "working as intended" ?

PVE the damage should be 49-50 per hit, not 46.

• Confused about families and bloodlines.

It costs 10 tokens for a Family token to form your own family from the help files. The files say then you can blood brother or adopt people. What happens if you get married without buying this token? Do you automatically form your own family by default without having to pay for a token?

What happens to married players with no token? Are they able to adopt or bloodbrother people?
    You can marry without the family token, but you can't adopt/bloodbrother someone without a bloodline established.
    edited March 2018
    Zyv said:
    Hoping to get some clarification for a friend...

Regarding the artifact shields, it says this:
    For Berserkers, Truesilver shields do 10% more damage, Mithril 15% more damage, and Lunar do 20% more damage. All shields have the same speed.

This is easy enough to understand... However the confusion comes when actually testing these differences... Since he was told they're working as intended (when in fact, they are not).

PVP Damage:

Damage Taken: 43 blunt, physical (raw damage: 63)

Damage Taken: 36 blunt, physical (raw damage: 52)

As you can see, there is a very clear increase of 20% across the board, both in raw as well as 'actual' damage dealt, after rounding... However when it comes to bashing, this is where inconsistencies start happening...

You clutch a tower shield firmly, then slam it against a short-horned desert locust in a powerful strike.
    Damage dealt: 41 Remaining: 83.18%
    Damage dealt: 41 Remaining: 66.37%

You clutch a lunar shield firmly, then slam it against a short-horned desert locust in a powerful strike.
    You have scored a staggering blow!
    Damage dealt: 93 Remaining: 30.33%
    A short-horned desert locust springs to a short-horned desert locust's defence.
    A short-horned desert locust is startled into wakefulness.
    Damage dealt: 46 Remaining: 11.33%

It seems like in PvP, it's applying 20% per hit like it was advertised in the help file, which is what should be happening... But when it comes to PvE it is only applying it at 10% per hit (meaning 20% across the -combo- rather than 20% -per hit- like it's meant to) - My question is: Is this actually how it's meant to be, thus not working in a manner that the help file says they should be? Or are they indeed bugged, and he was told wrongly about it being "working as intended" ?

PVE the damage should be 49-50 per hit, not 46.

I think that actually is working as intended since PVE damage/speed/everything is calculated differently from PVP damage.
    You see it in different ways across all classes, artifact or not. I can shoot extremely quickly against mobs (0.72, if you're wondering) with very little skill gating, but against players, my speed is tied to my focus target and eventually I can't get any faster (this I don't have a specific number to focus level comparison but I usually see something like 1.30 something)

I think weapon artifacts are geared more towards PVP combat, whereas you will see better mileage out of stat increase artifacts for bashing, I could be horribly wrong about this but with the tendency for people to pop a temp stat boost rock, high favour and amp up whatever stats they can without artifacting? That's what it seems like to me.

Could also be that mobs have slightly different or higher resists than we do, but I lack the goggles to actually go look at that.

• ZyvZyv
    edited March 2018
    Dimitri said:
    I think that actually is working as intended since PVE damage/speed/everything is calculated differently from PVP damage.
    You see it in different ways across all classes, artifact or not. I can shoot extremely quickly against mobs (0.72, if you're wondering) with very little skill gating, but against players, my speed is tied to my focus target and eventually I can't get any faster (this I don't have a specific number to focus level comparison but I usually see something like 1.30 something)

I think weapon artifacts are geared more towards PVP combat, whereas you will see better mileage out of stat increase artifacts for bashing, I could be horribly wrong about this but with the tendency for people to pop a temp stat boost rock, high favour and amp up whatever stats they can without artifacting? That's what it seems like to me.

Could also be that mobs have slightly different or higher resists than we do, but I lack the goggles to actually go look at that.

Except for the fact that it says it increases damage by 20%. You would see evidence of such regardless of how high/low someone/something's resists were; the end numbers would just be higher/lower, but it would always be a 20%. That's how the calculations are run. We even tested it on me without my shield, then without armour, then without wyvern scales. It was always a 19-21% (due to rounding) increase. It was never lower than that increase, which is the way it should be. Will get the numbers again when he wakes up again, just to show that.

Whereas it was always 41 / 46 (no arti/arti, respectively) in pve, regardless of what was being hit. That is very much not a 20% increase, that the shield was advertised as being. If it was, it'd be ~49/50 (depending on rounding up/down)
  • Is this no longer a thing? It's my birthday in two days...so shouldn't this work?

happybirthday
    It must be your birthday or within the next seven days to get birthday credits.
  • The message isn’t clear enough. It works for up to seven days AFTER your birthday, but not before
  • edited March 2018
    Does purge blood, touch tree, focus mind and class based cures cure afflictions in the standard autocuring priority list?
  • Eochaid said:
    Does purge blood, touch tree, focus mind and class based cures cure afflictions in the standard autocuring priority list?
    AFFLICTION CURES shows 'em!

Tree and passive/class curing things can cure almost every affliction I think. Barring non-standard things like mangled legs, concussions, etc.
  • I can't see tree tattoo there.

What order do they cure in. I see paralysis and anorexia are cured by focus blood. How do you tell which one it cures first or is it random?
  • ZyvZyv
    edited March 2018
    Eochaid said:
    I can't see tree tattoo there.

What order do they cure in. I see paralysis and anorexia are cured by focus blood. How do you tell which one it cures first or is it random?
    Tree is pretty much everything but timed affs and restoration cures and (I think) domecap. (and paralysis/numbness since that stops tree in the first place). Passive curing things like paladin/priest rite is everything that tree cures, as well as numbness/paralysis.

It's random. There's some afflictions which have extra lines when they're cured, but not many of them.
    Curing isn't really random, though I could be wrong. It's in order afflicted followed by priority. Priorities can be altered, as you may already know. Some classes can afflict so fast that it definitely appears random though.
  • Curing is truly random unless the skill/method says otherwise.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Thank you. 

Next question.

RUNESTONE FLARE RAVEN doesn't do anything as far as I can tell.

You rub your fingers over the raven image on your runestone, and it starts glowing
    slightly.
    You rub your fingers over the image, but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong with it?