Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Alesud said:
    So, am I getting screwed out of certain awesome things by not joining a sect? I don't really understand what that is up there about duplicating items? I mean, I knew I was missing out on obelisks and also on shard stuff when I was org-less, but I really am kind of refusing to join a sect, right now (because none really catch my fancy, yet, and some RP reasons, too). 
    Duplicate (should have never been born) but is dead now.

Some of the trees are really useful. Favours tree and cult favour is awesome for bashing.
  • A lot of the favours are usable on non-members, so you could, for example, ask someone to bestow a fortune favour on you to get 15% more dropped gold when bashing.

None of the rituals are really so amazing, long-lasting, or exclusive that you'll notice a huge difference not being in one. Also, you don't have to feel guilty or frustrated about dying while out bashing.

• Alesud said:
    So, am I getting screwed out of certain awesome things by not joining a sect? I don't really understand what that is up there about duplicating items? I mean, I knew I was missing out on obelisks and also on shard stuff when I was org-less, but I really am kind of refusing to join a sect, right now (because none really catch my fancy, yet, and some RP reasons, too). 
    You'll miss out on some RP opportunities, but thus far sects have been something that's mostly on the personal level. They've yet to actually have any profound effect on the game other than, 'I'm in a Sect, time to grind out rituals.' Don't get me wrong. Entities are great, but on the whole sects can largely just be avoided if you're cool missing out on some powers and some masturbatory RP.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • How do you "forcibly" remove a grove from a location? As Anti-Magick?

After hooting and hollering on council chat for about 10 minutes, I finally got someone to come take a look at this druid grove in seven lakes basin (Ithaqua lands). Problem was, noone knows or could figure out how to remove the thing.

I know Demoners have desecrate or desolate or whatever it is. If it matters, someone the room was already desecrated(possibly due to the event, possibly due to some demoner trying to forcibly remove the grove himself?)

So I was just wondering if Anti-Magick has a way to remove said magicks from its lands. If it doesn't it definately needs an ability like that in the next classlead, if just for rp reasons.

• I don't think there is a way for anybody but the imprinter of the grove to remove it. Defilers cannot remove a grove, nor can Necromancers who exterminate it.
  • Since Seven Lake Basin doesn't have any anti-magick affinity, I don't think that it's really "Ithaqua land", not by mechanics anyway.
  • Huh. I thought druids had to perserve their grove once a year, or there was a way for it to get damaged and such.

And it's not so much that Seven Lake Basin is Ithaquan land. I'm not going to open that can of worms. That's not really what struck me as odd. If their was a grove say, in Ithaqua (which there used to be, before Ithaqua was a council, and yes it had anti-magick affinity way back then because the surges were killer), theres no way to remove it save for the person that imprinted it?

Again, that really seems strange to me.
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited February 2013

We used to set siege on it, and eventually the druid would decide it was probably in their best interest to move it. A number of druids decided that the desert would be a good place for their grove, until we directed them differently.

Edit: Sadly this doesn't work anymore.

• And the game got better!
  • Sure, but now we can have druids in our desert again!

(You might actually not be able to put a grove in AM environments post-revamp, I haven't ever checked)

• edited February 2013
    Groves are no longer a security threat, since they lost 100% of their offensive capabilities, so I wouldn't be worried about it being used as a weapon against you. If your problem with it comes from a roleplay perspective, you could always do what Lionas does and approach them in-game with a warning to move or die.
    Veratyr said:
    Huh. I thought druids had to perserve their grove once a year, or there was a way for it to get damaged and such.
    This is still true. A Necromancer can exterminate an un-preserved grove. That will not remove the grove, though, simply make it unusable until rejuvenated.
  • I'll be honest, I just liked my trebuchet artillery barrages.
  • I'm curious, why was it that the price of a Steelweave Surcoat went up 50% when the effect changed from 15% to negate physical damage to simply 15% damage reduction?

On a similar note, is it worth investing in one for 750 credits, or would it be better to get a Silver bracelet + Ring of Vitality for the same price?

• Ellen said:
    I'm curious, why was it that the price of a Steelweave Surcoat went up 50% when the effect changed from 15% to negate physical damage to simply 15% damage reduction?

On a similar note, is it worth investing in one for 750 credits, or would it be better to get a Silver bracelet + Ring of Vitality for the same price?
    The surcoat was always massively underpriced for its value. Since its effect was changing, they took the opportunity to also increase the price.

The change in effect isn't really a change, so much as an equalization that removes RNG: Given an infinite number of hits, the two effects are identical.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Ellen said:
    I'm curious, why was it that the price of a Steelweave Surcoat went up 50% when the effect changed from 15% to negate physical damage to simply 15% damage reduction?

Silver Bracelet - Con belt! Increase in health pool will increase your base regeneration (boar and berkana (which is level 2 I think))
  • edited February 2013
    Racial regen is limited to 3 levels, after that you get no benefit.

Racial regen: Mutations (Noctu), Berkana, artifact regen rings, and etherburns.

Boar is equivalent to a level 2 regen, but does not count as racial regen itself, and so stacks with things that are.

EDIT: For clarity: Berkana is level 1. Runemastery makes it level 2.
    EDIT 2: I'm wrong. Berkana is level 2, runemaster makes it level 3.
    EDIT 3: If you always have runes and runemaster, don't get a regen ring. It's a waste, since it counts as racial and racial caps at 3.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Because it was amazingly underpriced at 500cr. It was easily the single best artifact in the game in terms of effectiveness, by a huge amount.

The silver bracelets and L1 regeneration ring are 5% more health and L1 regen. For you, that's what? ~21 more health and a level of regeneration? I highly doubt that will help more than a flat 15% resistance to physical damage, especially considering that damn near all of AM is physical damage.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• It really just comes down to personal preference. 15% is nice, but it blocks what...15 damage on an average attack? It's not going to bail you out of the AM chain cc/burst damage zerg rush. I don't see Ellen much in pvp. In pve I think she'd see more benefits from increased health pool. She can also upgrade them for cheap over time, an option not available to the surcoat. 

At the end of the day, they're all really good buys.
  • 21 more health and a level of regen won't bail you out of it, either.  Nothing will really save you from that. Even I die to it(eventually).

Figure, though, the surcoat effectively eats ~20 damage per DSL from my 18 str L2 broadsword. That's a significant amount, and it CAN buy you the time to survive it. I know I've pulled through a lot of situations where I'm certain that the 15% reduction on the longslash/qjab/dsl/qjab barrage was the difference between dying and surviving at ~100 health.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    I have surcoat, almost always have max health regen from either mog and berkana+boar, or temp arti berkana+boar, and I have l1 con belt, but no bracelets. When I borrow l1's I feel nice but underwhelmed, and when I borrow l2's I feel godly. That's all I can really say.
  • In pve there's a lot more variation in damage types that would ignore surcoat.
  • Gearing defensively is always what you should do first when considering artifacts. As someone who has Surcoat, Ring of Magicks Bane, Bracelets, Con belt and Level 3 regen, I can honestly say that the first thing anyone should get is a surcoat. After that it's up to you whether you'll benefit more from Sip bonuses, Regen or Con.

However, do remember that the higher your level, the more return you will get from Con girdles due to the way it scales. Also note, that combining Bracelets -and- a Con girdle is very rewarding.

In my opinion though, what I would do is get a surcoat first, then get a sip ring. if you're one of the classes that gets a sip bonus through skills as well as an artifact one, you'll notice a sweet sweet difference in your general tankiness since you'll simply heal more.

• Have you considered harvesting gloves? Think of all the harvesting you'll do.

This message paid for and brought to you by TEAM ALPHA STRIKE. Don't be beta, get ALPHA'D!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Thanks for the answers, everyone.
  • Is Demons Pass the best place to grind out gold?

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    Demon's Pass is easy because
    -Everything has the same target name
    -You don't have to go searching for crap.
    -Get body. Three demons show up.

I'd say the gold is decent, considering the other perks. You can easily pick up 140 demons. If you use fortune favor and you're there for 2hrs, it's a nice haul.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    I prefer Gongen while the assassins are up, but they take long to respawn so, I guess yeah, Demons while waiting.
  • edited February 2013
    How can you get rid of a compost heap? Sapping charges can't be attached to it.

The answer was the most rational one. Set it on fire!
  • Symbol of Avasyu: 250 credits
      - While wearing the Symbol of Avasyu the loss of communion when
        calling upon your Patron/Matron for minor miracles will be reduced
        by 25%. The Symbol may be customized by your Patron/Matron without
        the normal fee of 50 cr.

^Any effect on Sect things?
  • Not currently. Will hopefully be remedied soon (when we decide what it should be doing, that is).