Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Flame was not supposed to win this, and we did win this.  We definitely are enjoying our win, for that reason.  It is possibly the sweetest win in my IRE career because of the odds vs. the stakes, and along with that, how utterly and completely our small team had to commit.  I know a couple of my teammates feel the same way.  

That said, I don't heart shrine wars for some of those same reasons.  I don't think it's a good system if it means we had to commit to such an extreme level that one of our team members is back on heart meds.  It's not a good system if it basically requires you to have a couple someones with the means to say "sure, I can just not be a human being for a bit, while I help my teammates in a text game" (and even then, it's honestly pretty painful). 

I (still) don't know what the answer is that doesn't just change it into a few prime time battles, either.  We have those systems, and they do tend to be my favorite systems, too, but they can only do so much.  One side usually dominates those systems pretty heavily if it really wants to, but the stakes are low enough that there's some room for "let's even up teams a bit, hope the other side comes back a couple more times".  They also just can't possibly create the same sense of urgency something like a shrine war can, however. 

EDIT:  Also, something Naruj mentioned that I agree with (to a point).  It was something along the lines of "hey, you guys might not like how Hunger is doing things, but at least they're doing things, in a game where no one was doing things".  So there's that.  
  • edited February 2018
    You didn't win. Boredom and exasperation won.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Not sure who won or lost but Attrition is a well known war tactic.
  • Anyone who feels like a winner probably is one!

• I don't think anyone won.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Let's get back to the <3ing, please!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I <3 that I'm going to fade back into the oblivion of not logging in again since the fighting has stopped once again.
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    The rest of the information I requested for my military application showed up and now i can get that ball rolling again
  • I <3 the new rankings system.

• I <3 that now I can go back to learning coding.  I was towards the end of the first round of my first coding book/course (I am going to complete that one at least twice) when this happened, and now have a sort of restored sense of "this is why you're doing this".  I absolutely cannot play the game and improve at the same time, and I think this is true or becomes true for... at least some portion of players who aspire to be better combatants (group, 1 v.1, or both).  I got to a point where, for me at least, the days of "fight a bit, make little tweaks, fight some more" yield absolutely no dividends.  And after I feel like a better coder, the goal would be to truly grasp combat mechanics, which would involve a certain amount of playing, but not a lot.  Then, I'd finally be able to see what progress I made, and possibly go right back to the drawing board.  Or maybe I'd finally be at a place where I could truly benefit from play and tweak, at least for a bit. 
  •     I found one of Imperian's songs.
    Intended input: train monkey to flee
    Actual input: train money to flee
    Game: You do not see that here.
    Me: Training went too well.
    In Arakis' Caanae shop, found an aetheric relay on the ground.

You pick up an aetheric disruputer fork.
    Nibbling voraciously at an aetheric disruputer fork, the ibex manages to consume it
    completely in a matter of seconds.
    (Typo report already submitted, fret not)

All i could think of afterwards was whoever was listening in was this:

• Khandava has been awesome to muck around in! They're the "evil" guys, but they're so nice.

Especial shoutout to @Lartus, @Cyprus, and @Jasmina.You're making this transplant feel right at home.
  • ZyvZyv
    edited March 2018
    First time playing Imperian since like 2012. I got completely conned (for real) into joining a Sect.

Riatan has been amazing so far. Fun to interact with, especially when nobody else is around that's particularly talkative. I hope he stays. Everyone needs Riatan.
  • @Zyv well, have not seen you in-game yet but glad to hear you guys are having fun. Welcome to Imperian!
  • Zyv said:
    First time playing Imperian since like 2012. I got completely conned (for real) into joining a Sect.

Riatan has been amazing so far. Fun to interact with, especially when nobody else is around that's particularly talkative. I hope he stays. Everyone needs Riatan.
    Agree.

Also, I love that I managed to code Owen Wilson saying "wow" every time I get a crit.

I'm working on having it cycle through 13 different mp3 files I have, but I don't like to stop bashing long enough to work on my coding.
  • @Jeremy Saunders and @Eoghan for Bug Day stuff. First time attending something like that, since the other games I've played don't really do that.

Was interesting!
  • This Bug Day was magical.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • ZyvZyv
    edited March 2018
    Sarrius said:
    This Bug Day was magical.
    @Eoghan threw @Galt's throne at me. Literally AT ME. Picked it off the floor, and tossed it at me!:angry:  SO MEAN.

Then he gave me potatoes. All hail Potatoghan.
  • I learned from WWE.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • In 1998, @Eoghan threw multiple bugs off Bug Day's Town Hall and plummeted 16ft through the announcer's table.
  • me_irl

• V:!!!
  • Our indoor Airsoft field opens tomorrow and I'm so happy because that means I can finally play Imperian for long hours again. Been putting in constant 16 hour days between my real full time job and getting that place ready. I'm so tired and sore but I hope it's been worth it -.- yay for hobbies?
  • Tonight was a super great night. Tyanna is a derpy pragmatic farmhand type and I got to RP that out a bit. Asked some questions and ended up meeting an entity and joining a sect! Definitely some great inspiration and drive to get me through the last 20 levels! He was even cool with me being smelly :)
  • Beehives.

Fireworks.

Three new tradeskills, and one of them is fireworks.
  • I expected the biggest reaction to circle-agnostic custom letters, but people are really digging Apothecary and Fireworks!