Skip to content

Imperian In-Character DnD

Anarys is beginning a game in Aetherius - it will have some striking similarities to the real world's Dungeons and Dragons. It is called... Dice and Disasters.

Everyone is currently welcome to request admittance - this IS an in-character situation occurring in an in-character clan, with your character choosing to play a silly game with other characters - because who doesn't want to roleplay roleplaying in a roleplaying game?

Honestly, this is just for kicks and giggles, I'm hoping it'll be fun and funny. If you're interested, please let me know here or MSG ANARYS about Dice and Disasters, or the Ossein Brethren clan, however you prefer.

[Side note]: LOOK HOW GREAT I AM AT EXPLAINING THEORETICAL RULES AND BY THE WAY HATS.
-EXAMPLE: If you attempt to knit a cap, you apply your knitting level (5) to what you roll (this is at the discretion of who runs the campaign - you may just apply the level itself). In this example, you roll a 3, netting you 5+3 for an 8. We'll say knitting at a five is an awful hat, whereas a fifteen would be the most impressive hat anyone has ever wanted: at an eight, you make a perfectly mediocre hat. It is chartruese.

Comments

• Still making up my examples of how a campaign COULD be arranged...

Campaign Scale:
     Here you'll determine where your 'failed' attempts start and your 'exceptional' successes end. In this example, we'll be rolling a pair of dice with six sides: so a two will be a miserable failure. A twelve will be an amazing, possibly surprising success! Anything in between is at the discretion of the campaign leader.
     Example: If you roll a two, even with a knitting skill of twenty, you fail. You are awful. You have a ball of yarn and you can't wear it, and you accidentally dropped it in an algae-covered puddle ringed in pollen.
      If you roll a twelve, as high as our two 6-sided dice can go, you supremely lucked out: if you don't even know HOW to knit, you somehow blundered through making a hat. How? You knotted strands with your fingers until an ugly, lumpy funnel-shaped object happened and you gave it to your wife and called it a hat. How great are you?
      ANYTHING in between 3-11 is added to your natural level (level 5 knitting plus a roll of 3 yields 8, for example).
  • Lartus roleplaying as Lartus roleplaying as Lartus   I need to see this in action.
  • Dorkness Rising has prepared me for this moment
  • Fanglor said:
    Dorkness Rising has prepared me for this moment
    Is this an 'invite me' or just a truthful statement (or both because it's definitely truthful)? :)
  • I could be assed