Skip to content

Newbie Transplant

Hey there. I'm new to Imperian, but not necessarily to IRE muds.

The Nexus client looks pretty slick, but it seems that everyone generally prefers mudlet. Is there a curing package and a gui that I can get set up real quick so that I can get into the game?

Comments

• Overall, curing packages are only needed in top tier combat, as the game's built-in serverside curing (HELP AUTOCURING) does a good job for most things. Adjusting its priorities becomes necessary against some classes and in some situations, so curing systems may exist to do those things, but there isn't a generally distributed one.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Welcome to Imperian!

I still recommend Mudlet just because you can do so much with it. I've never used the Nexus client, but Mudlet makes my offense, questing, and hunting sooo much easier than the client I was on. I still use serverside curing to be honest, and I do just fine. It is definitely good enough for hunting, and you can make adjustments to it without coding knowledge.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Nexus client is awesome and easy to use. I definitely recommend starting out with it. It has all the basics you need for the start, much more easier to get used to a game when you can see chat window, inventory, main screen, what's in your room, and much more from one screen and you don't even have to do anything to see those. They're there automagickally.

I prefer Mudlet myself, but I've been using Nexus as well. Nexus using doesn't require coding experience which is a huge plus.
  • Even the top end combatants use serverside curing at this point, they just have setups to tweak priorities on the fly in fights. Nexus has recently seen a number of notable improvements to it's usability, including a very large speed increase. the main advantage of mudlet is there are more people in Imperian that are familiar with it and Lua than there are with Nexus and JavaScript. I don't believe 
  • http://gitea.postactiv.com/postActiv/Valkyrior is my old GUI, but since I'm retired I haven't been updating it anymore for Imperian, so use at your own risk.
  • Thanks for all the replies! Been busy with work so this is the first time I've sat down at my own computer in a couple of days.

So... server side curing does the bulk of the work here and you don't need to install a sophisticated curing system and set up a thousand aliases to get started? Neat. I'm blown away by how newb friendly this is. Thank you @Anette for the gui. I'll give it a whirl.
  • Nexus is actually decent for most things unless you want to automate things completely. Basic healing, priority, trackers are easy to build. Let me know if you need help IG or OOC