Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Were the moons of Imperian inspired by Solinari, Lunitari, and Nuitari?   
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Quick Google later, i wanna say you might not be wrong. Could be just a coincidence thematically though.
  • Not sure anymore but were moon sages supposed to be a class? 
  • There was at one time a plan for "moonsages" to exist as three classes, one per circle. That plan was abandoned; the only remnant of the moonsage concept in the game is the Defiler class, which uses the power of Sukhder.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    There was at one time a plan for "moonsages" to exist as three classes, one per circle. That plan was abandoned; the only remnant of the moonsage concept in the game is the Defiler class, which uses the power of Sukhder.
    #AryanaSage2018 #GiveUsWarhammers #NeverForgetIniar :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Engineer: low-key secret Change sage.
  • Ozreas said:
    Engineer: low-key secret Change sage.
    Moradeim ammo - a different damage type every shot!
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • But Engineer is going to be a neutral class!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Anyone have the message for the nature movement flavor promo item thing? 
  • edited October 2017
    JK LMAO I JUST NECROD THIS THREAD FOR NO REASON LOLOLOL

sorry. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Can I have some zerkie combat logs please? <3 ~~
  • Denied. 
  • Eoghan said:
    There was at one time a plan for "moonsages" to exist as three classes, one per circle. That plan was abandoned; the only remnant of the moonsage concept in the game is the Defiler class, which uses the power of Sukhder.
    #commentnecro

Don't know if y'all are familiar with the dragonlance series but all the mages also drew their powers from the three moons. There were 3 orders. The robes, red robes, and black robes to match 
  • So, @Dimitri is awesome and gave me an irrational note.

One thing though, I have no idea what kind of thing to use it for or what sort of situations its designed for. It's a room emote that takes balance to use? So it is like buying a single illusion? 
  • Why don't we have a thread or ingame scroll showing the ambiances gained by assembly crowns/anklets/sachets/cloaks/chokers?

• Pepehi said:
    Why don't we have a thread or ingame scroll showing the ambiances gained by assembly crowns/anklets/sachets/cloaks/chokers?

We did, it is just very out of date. I will edit my post if I find it, I think I know where it is.
  • Shardfalls are free pk. If I find an area that had a shardfall and nobody caught it hours later, is it still free pk?

How hard would it be to purchase my own racial title if the one I want isn't on the list?

Having recently learned to cook, how hard is it to add corpses as commodities to my designs here?
  • Pepehi said:
    Shardfalls are free pk. If I find an area that had a shardfall and nobody caught it hours later, is it still free pk?

How hard would it be to purchase my own racial title if the one I want isn't on the list?

Having recently learned to cook, how hard is it to add corpses as commodities to my designs here?
    In order:
    1. Yes
    2. This isn't currently possible, though we accept ideas for ones to be released in the future
    3. The commodity system in Imperian doesn't allow for specific corpses to be needed. Generally, the "meat" commodity will be used.
  • I'd like to add a thing about shardfalls: It's commonly agreed that the area is free PK as long as there are shards. When the last shard is harvested, the shardfall is over in theory level and most of the times people doesn't keep fighting after that.
  • edited December 2017
    I think most people keep copious notes and spreadsheets.  That's not bizarre, although it wasn't always well known among non-coms like me.  But has anyone else had to make serious, in-depth flowcharts that detail events and timelines and time remaining on cooldowns and such?  Even when I know some of the factors I need to pay attention to (things like damage over time, cure cooldowns, my cooldowns), I still can't visualize what is going to happen over time when you put them all together - much less what SHOULD happen, which is the goal.  Everything in an IRE game is summed up by meeting specific criteria over time, I think.  There are final goals, and there are interim goals that help you get to those final goals.  Sometimes, the final goal is pretty clear... Outriders can finish someone with a shatter, so it's pretty easy to identify where you're trying to go, and then you can think of the problem as reverse engineering from the conditions needed to shatter.  Knights seem less clear but one general strat is "bleed the enemy". 

I finally found some flowchart software and made my first flowchart, and I am curious if anyone else has relied on this kind of thing.  My concern is that this is one of those things that "fair" combatants HAVE to do to become "pretty decent" combatants, and is something that anyone who has any shot of ever being actually good finds absolutely alien and strange and "why would you when you could just figure it out?".  

So who has done this (if anyone)?  Where did it get you?  
  • Swale said:
    I think most people keep copious notes and spreadsheets.  That's not bizarre, although it wasn't always well known among non-coms like me.  But has anyone else had to make serious, in-depth flowcharts that detail events and timelines and time remaining on cooldowns and such?  Even when I know some of the factors I need to pay attention to (things like damage over time, cure cooldowns, my cooldowns), I still can't visualize what is going to happen over time when you put them all together - much less what SHOULD happen, which is the goal.  Everything in an IRE game is summed up by meeting specific criteria over time, I think.  There are final goals, and there are interim goals that help you get to those final goals.  Sometimes, the final goal is pretty clear... Outriders can finish someone with a shatter, so it's pretty easy to identify where you're trying to go, and then you can think of the problem as reverse engineering from the conditions needed to shatter.  Knights seem less clear but one general strat is "bleed the enemy". 

I finally found some flowchart software and made my first flowchart, and I am curious if anyone else has relied on this kind of thing.  My concern is that this is one of those things that "fair" combatants HAVE to do to become "pretty decent" combatants, and is something that anyone who has any shot of ever being actually good finds absolutely alien and strange and "why would you when you could just figure it out?".  

So who has done this (if anyone)?  Where did it get you?  
    I have never used flowcharts or anything like that. I have just studied the game mechanics. What you can do to counter X or Y, what gives you advantage over N, etc. There are just so many variables, like Outrider killing the enemy before shatter because of the huge amount of damage. How about team combat, especially 2v2 or 3v3.

"My concern is that this is one of those things that "fair" combatants HAVE to do to become "pretty decent" combatants"
    -Practice and go through the logs what happened during spar or fight. If you get afflicted, identify what happened and what you could have done differently. If you don't have toxin tracker, you can always track YOUR afflictions (defense is always number 1, Quoting Khizan here: "You can't kill if you're dead"). 
  • Dreacor said:
    Quoting Khizan here: "You can't kill if you're dead"). 
    That's a paraphrase.

My normal quote is more like "Dead people do zero DPS."
  • Dreacor said:

I have never used flowcharts or anything like that.

There are just so many variables...

The game has a huge amount of variables, some of them very relevant, and linked to other important variables, while most are barely relevant and seem to exist as intentional distractors that the player needs to learn to filter out in most situations - except for the few times they shouldn't.  I have so far not been at all successful at seeing the "big picture" in all of those variables, at identifying signposts that would allow me to develop (my own) general strategies, much less specific, targeted ones for particular situations.  

The rationale behind using flowcharts would be to force some of those variables into something I can try to make sense of, and forcibly highlight the important ones, too.  Or at least, that would be the hope... For example, if you currently have an offense of some kind, you could model exactly what is happening over time, and start to pinpoint what is good and bad about it.  This is what I've done so far, mostly just making sure I liked the software I was trying.  Even more specifically, you can try to look at points where an offense spikes or falls off.  A lot of it might be fairly obvious (you're certainly going to have to deal with a round or two of them getting tree and purge balance back, for example) - but even there it's easy to lose sight of all the relevant variables and exactly when they change state.  Eventually, you'd hopefully have an insight that might allow you to build something truly new (at least for you).  So you'd make the jump from tweaking and improving, to creating something new with a specific purpose.  

You could certainly do the same sort of thing with your curing and turtling, to increase your survivability.  A flowchart might be a way to look for specific points where you should turtle against a particular class, for example.  Flowcharting is sort of like reading logs on steroids, really.  The problem is, I think if you have to do this, it means it's not "just happening" in your head, which I am pretty sure is exactly what starts to happen for good combatants.  So, as I sort of suspected/feared, it probably is going to help you (to a point) if you need to do it, but the fact that you need to in the first place isn't good.  Good combatants absolutely flowchart, I think - they just don't ever have to actually flowchart.  If they ever made actual flowcharts, it would be to model something that even they couldn't simply "hold in their heads".  But in general, they are able to deal with the timelines, and the significant, interacting events on those timelines, in their heads.  This is why they're able to make near "on the fly" adjustments to their offense or defense, as well.  

So although nearly every good combatant does have to put a huge amount of work in, the kernel of something you can develop into a full strategy really should start to just "jump out" at you at some point (perhaps while going over logs, for sure).  It should also start to become relatively easy for you to "pick apart" a specific mechanic to see how it works, since many, if not most mechanics in an IRE are hidden.  I think that this is actually how it always works with anyone who has what it takes to fight well in an IRE (a combination of work ethic and raw intelligence), and while nearly all players will need to struggle and sweat, if there isn't some sort of breakthrough at a reasonable point in your fighting career (maybe 1-2 years in at most), it really might not ever happen.  You might or might not continue playing (and even improving, at your own, glacial pace), but you're going to have to find a way of living with that fact if you do.  
  • What is this? I don't ever remember this being there when I've hunted here before. But now, every time I hunt in UW Antioch - I hit it. There is nothing there for me to attack.

A solid stretch of wall. 23442

------------------ v23442 -------------------

\   /               \           \         |

[ ]                 [ ]-[ ]      \      [ ]

/   \                               \   /

[ ]                             [ ]

\       \                           /

\       \                      [ ]

\       \                   /

[ ]     [ ]              /

\   /   \           /

[ ]-[ ]-[ ]      \       /

|         \   /

|          [+]

\         |         /

[ ]- - -[ ]- - -[ ]                                                                     

--- A solid stretch of wall ----- 54:42:1 ---

There are 2 skittering locusts here.

You see exits leading northeast, southwest, and northwest.

H:590/637 M:548/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v23442]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

V

V (insert normal shaman bashing)

V

A skittering locust says, "Hungry, pets? Khakgugh send you food."

Ripping one of his vicious hook swords from its tether, a skittering locust drives

it into your body. ripping a huge hole in the process. Standing over your hunched

form, he pulls a lever on the wall and plants a firm kick in your backside.

You tumble down through a yawning trapdoor.

A shadowy refuse pit. 28396 (inside).

--- Area 34: The Gongen Mountains  v28396 ---

| \ |

[ ]-[ ]-[ ]

| / | x |

[ ]-[ ]-[ ]

/

[^]

[=]

[+]

--- A shadowy refuse pit ---------- 7:6:1 ---

A sturdy lever is planted firmly into a gear system beneath the floor. There are

12 corpses of a skittering locust here. There are 14 corpses of a chittering

locust here.

You see a single exit leading up.

You are afflicted with impaled.

H:637/637 M:600/606 XP:8.89% (e- d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

You have recovered balance.

You are impaled and must writhe off before you may do that.

H:637/637 M:600/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

You begin to writhe furiously to escape the blade that has impaled you.

Balance Taken: 1.10s

H:637/637 M:600/606 XP:8.89% (e- d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

You may drink another healing elixir.

H:637/637 M:600/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

Your health continues to drain away as your impaled body shudders on the end of

the weapon.

Damage Taken: 32 cutting, physical (raw damage: 77)

H:605/637 M:591/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

You exert superior mental control and will your wounds to clot before your eyes.

H:605/637 M:578/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

With an heroic effort you manage to writhe yourself free from the weapon that

impaled you.

You have cured impaled.

H:605/637 M:578/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

A scurrying shadow detaches from the wall and nibbles tentatively at your exposed

flesh.

Damage Taken: 15 cutting (raw damage: 36)

H:589/637 M:578/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

You are again able to clot your wounds properly.

H:588/637 M:569/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

Health Gain: 49

H:637/637 M:603/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

(Affinity): Your Demonic affinity is 92%. It is affected by In a Anti-Magick area.

H:637/637 M:603/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

A scurrying shadow detaches from the wall and nibbles tentatively at your exposed

flesh.

Damage Taken: 30 cutting (raw damage: 72)

H:607/637 M:603/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396]  oo BURN oo [the Underworld Antioch]

ih

You see the following objects:

"lever331284"             a sturdy lever

"locust8867"              the corpse of a skittering locust

"locust129997"            the corpse of a chittering locust

"locust7513"              the corpse of a skittering locust

"locust229837"            the corpse of a chittering locust

"locust23217"             the corpse of a skittering locust

"locust227263"            the corpse of a chittering locust

"locust33708"             the corpse of a chittering locust

"locust39412"             the corpse of a skittering locust

"locust8387"              the corpse of a chittering locust

"locust30808"             the corpse of a skittering locust

"locust128115"            the corpse of a skittering locust

"locust23389"             the corpse of a skittering locust

"locust130201"            the corpse of a skittering locust

"locust2831"              the corpse of a chittering locust

"locust1205"              the corpse of a chittering locust

"locust35020"             the corpse of a skittering locust

"locust1640"              the corpse of a chittering locust

"locust129370"            the corpse of a skittering locust

Type MORE to continue reading. (69% shown)

H:607/637 M:594/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:09.753] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)

Emboldened by the scent of fresh blood, a shadow detaches from the wall and

viciously bites you as it scurries past.

Damage Taken: 45 cutting (raw damage: 109)

H:561/637 M:594/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:11.731] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)

You drink the last drop of an elixir of health from a silver vial with sapphire

striations.

Finding a silver vial with sapphire striations empty of an elixir of health, you

quickly roll the mouth of the vial across one of the many spouts on a vialbelt of

quicksilver kegs. In only an instant, the pressurized liquid sprays into the vial

and it is once again full.

Health Gain: 76

The elixir heals your body.

H:637/637 M:594/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:11.869] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)get 50 corpse

You pick up fourteen corpses of a chittering locust and twelve corpses of a

skittering locust.

H:637/637 M:594/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:14.400] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)

Emboldened by the scent of fresh blood, a shadow detaches from the wall and

viciously bites you as it scurries past.

Damage Taken: 61 cutting (raw damage: 145)

H:576/637 M:606/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:16.416] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)

H:576/637 M:606/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:16.600] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)ih

You see the following objects:

"lever331284"             a sturdy lever

Number of objects: 1

H:576/637 M:606/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:16.695] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)defm idle

[Poindexter]:Now using the idle defense mode.pull lever

You yank firmly on the lever and watch as the ceiling above you parts to reveal

that the floor of the room above you was a giant trapdoor.

H:576/637 M:597/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:20.549] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)

A large, shadowy figure leaps out from the recesses of the pit and mauls you

brutally.

Damage Taken: 76 cutting (raw damage: 182)

H:500/637 M:597/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:21.050] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)

You take a drink of an elixir of health from a silver vial with sapphire

striations.

Health Gain: 137

H:637/637 M:597/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:21.081] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)

brutally.

Damage Taken: 92 cutting (raw damage: 218)

H:545/637 M:588/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:25.727] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)

H:545/637 M:588/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:25.811] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)defm combat

[Poindexter]:Now using the combat defense mode.

You take a drink of an elixir of health from a silver vial with sapphire

striations.

Health Gain: 92

H:637/637 M:588/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:25.981] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)l

A shadowy refuse pit. 28396 (inside).

--- Area 34: The Gongen Mountains  v28396 ---

| \ |

[ ]-[ ]-[ ]

| / | x |

[ ]-[ ]-[ ]

/

[^]

[=]

[+]

--- A shadowy refuse pit ---------- 7:6:1 ---

The rough floor of this pit is compacted dirt, rather than being carved out of the

solid granite like most of the chambers of this underground complex. Many

sharpened stakes have been driven down into the dirt floor, their cruel points

pointing upwards to the hard iron ceiling. A few fitfully burning torches have

been placed sporadically around the walls, doing little more than to create deep

pockets of pooled shadows that dance around the walls of the pit. A sturdy lever

is planted firmly into a gear system beneath the floor.

You see a single exit leading up.

H:637/637 M:588/606 XP:8.89% (eb d) [v28396] ~~ Target: None ~~ [T-10:26.111] (the

Gongen Mountains-v28396)up

You walk up.

A subterranean training chamber. 28395 (inside).

--- Area 34: The Gongen Mountains  v28395 ---                       

[_]

|

[ ]             [_]

| \             |

[ ] [^]-[ ]     [^]

|   |

[ ]-[ ]-[+]

------------------- 7:6:2 -------------------

An obsidian shrine to the Sect of Conquest has been built here.

You see a single exit leading west.

And if you die...

brutally.

You have been slain by misadventure.

• Lol, that dude is a boss in Gongen. It must have bugged out somehow, haha!
  • edited January 2018
    EDIT - Will sort this out on my own.
  • Where is Urzog? Is he going to appear anymore? It's like he vanished into thin air. 
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    He's on sabbatical, doing some soul searching... y'know.. really finding himself and plans to come back with renewed vigour and zest for life.
  • We had some issues with mobs deleting and getting code assigned improperly lately. If you notice more of this, BUG it immediately. We are trying to track them all down.

• We had some issues with mobs deleting and getting code assigned improperly lately. If you notice more of this, BUG it immediately. We are trying to track them all down.
    Is this like Nysashgar not working correctly or certain mobs not giving quests properly?