Skip to content

New Retiree

2»

Comments

• Yeah, just view pretty much any creative outlet as for its own sake, but don't let that discourage you at all. =D
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • I only ask because in Achaea weapons/armour used to sell for hundreds of credits if it had the right stats, so I wasn't sure if Imperian's economy was similar.
  • So I guess I should've asked- can forged weapons/armour get higher stats than the Level 3 artifact counterpart?

• No. Forged items don't work like that here. Stats are standard/stock for every forged item. Artifact weapons merely provide a % damage bonus to your end result attack. No speed buff, no accuracy buff. This makes it easier for us to balance stuff.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Artifact armour has 10% higher resistance than the standard smithed items. Artifact weapons deal 10%, 15%, or 20% extra damage. Weapons can be modified slightly through smithing properties (AB SMITHING SMITH), hafting (glaives and javelins only, AB WARDING HAFTING), and whetstones (AB ENGINEERING WHETSTONE). Multiple blessings/etchings/soulbindings on a suit of armour will reduce its cutting and blunt resists by 5%. Outside of these, all items of the same type have the same stats.
  • edited December 2017
    Dreacor said:
    Zsetsu said:
    How are market skills here? Can I get rich as a merchant?
    I believe you COULD become rich, but you need to have quite low prices and big volume. Basically you need a lot of people to buy your goods and have a large scale of items to sell. I have no experience on market skills, but this is all I've heard or figured out between the lines. Maybe @Oystir and @Arakis can tell more about this?

So merchants can be quite profitable but they have a potentially prohibitive start-up cost. If you're selling curatives you need flasks which due to a recent change are a token item only instead of a credit item. If you want a shop stall you can setup anywhere that you own forever that's also a token item only, and neither of them are in the current rotation based system @jeremy added to token wares to make them more scarce. There's other assorted start up costs that are gold if you're establishing a shop from scratch, but if you buy a city shop then you're going to start out with some shelves at least and that's all you really need to get off the ground.  City shops are relatively easy to come by but have the catch of both annual taxes and a restriction that only people not enemied to your given city or council may shop there. Towne shops are abundant as well but with the current state of townes foot traffic for them can be pretty low. If you're willing to invest credits/lessons into trade skills you can certainly find a willing market for goods, especially if you can offer something unique. The bulk of goods though like smithing, herbs, toxins, elixirs are all currently suffering from incredibly low prices due to an excess of supply and a smaller player base generating much lower demand. I've been running one shop or another almost as long as I have been playing Imperian and it is one of my favorite things to do. You can certainly make money at it, but there are faster and easier ways of doing that if money is your main goal. If you enjoy the tasks themselves, the RP of being a shopkeep, then it's definitely a fun and for me fulfilling experience. Hope that helped.

Edit: If you get a tradeskill as well, know that tradeskills are suffering hard from a lack of active approvers right now, so don't expect things to go as fast as they normally do on Achaea, i've had designs take a week+ in the past few months and there seems to be no relief in sight for long waits right now.
  • Alright! Back with more questions. 

1) How much resistance does a 10% increase in armour give? If I wanted to analyse surcoat vs artifact armour, what're the numbers on that?

2) I'm grinding for Aspect right now and the combatant in me is itching to find out what the pvp scene is like. How do pvp interactions normally go down? How often do these opportunities present themselves?

3) How important is pve to the pvp scene? Is it worth it to invest in crit pendants to maintain a combat advantage or an objective advantage?

4) How do you know what attacks your KILL command is executing? I seem to be hitting twice with my shield and shouting, but combos are supposed to be sword/shield/shout..
  • edited January 2018
    Zsetsu said:
    Alright! Back with more questions. 

1) How much resistance does a 10% increase in armour give? If I wanted to analyse surcoat vs artifact armour, what're the numbers on that?

2) I'm grinding for Aspect right now and the combatant in me is itching to find out what the pvp scene is like. How do pvp interactions normally go down? How often do these opportunities present themselves?

3) How important is pve to the pvp scene? Is it worth it to invest in crit pendants to maintain a combat advantage or an objective advantage?

4) How do you know what attacks your KILL command is executing? I seem to be hitting twice with my shield and shouting, but combos are supposed to be sword/shield/shout..
    1) RESISTS as a command should help. Before you do any work, just buy the surcoat, artifact armor can come waaaaay later. I think artifact armor is luxury/waste.

2) PvP interactions are through multiple 'Vegas clause' setups, so that nobody can get griefed later... usually..
    a. Champion - HELP CHAMPIONS.. it's a duel/world PvP/1v1-centric system in theory. You can still get teamed though, cuz it ain't called a Duel-for-All, son.
    b. Shardfalls - HELP SHARDS .. truth be told, nobody goes to these anymore because nobody needs shards because nobody PKs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    c. Arena .. self explained
    d. Shrine Wars - HELP RELICS, HELP SECTS .. with entities around, maybe somebody will love theirs enough (or hate all of them, @Owyn ) to slog through the triple Aegis bs-fest that is shrines.
    e. Raids - HELP RAIDS .. we do a 'sandboxy' PvP thing to replace normal raiding, which I personally disagree with, so I will refrain from further commentary.

3) You should have Aspect for your max HP/max MP. Crit rate has no real bearing on real PvP.. you can't crit player loyals or city loyals. Aspect powers are nice, but I personally find them non-essential.. I make due without any permanent ones, for example. :)

4) Shield Attacks will hit twice if they are used as the first attack in a combo, in lieu of using a sword attack. KILL is calculated for best DPS, so just let it do its thing.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Alright, I've spoken with some experienced Imperians to refine this list, but I want to post it for critiquing before actually funding it. I already have a level 3 artie shield, but what do y'all think? 

The focus of this list is to be a monster at group combat.

5000cr list:
    An Ironwood mask                      350 Credits
    Ring of Magick's Bane: 750 credits
    Steelweave Surcoat: 750 credits
    A wand of reflection                  200 Credits
    A ring of flying                      400 Credits
    a Truesilver Ring                     500 Credits (increases health sip by 10%)
    Ring of Sukhder's Fortune:  500 credits  (increases mana sip by 10%)
    Ring of Vitality    - Level 1 Health Regen:      300 credits
    a hunter's belt                       400 Credits (+1 constitution)
    a pair of Ogre's Gauntlets        500 credits (+1 strength)
    A mask of lifevision                  350 Credits
  • Although.. I really want to tinker with Engineer. Perhaps I should save some of these credits for another class..
  • I would suggest dropping the mana sip ring and saving for druidic robes.
  • Mana sip ring is basically never worth it. Figure, it only helps you gain mana when you can afford to sip mana over health. In most fights, that means "practically never".

Put 300 of those cr towards a L1 mana regen ring to help keep up incidentals like alertness and save the other 200, imo. The regen ring is a better option because regeneration provides a benefit even when you can't sip mana.

Zsetsu said:
    Although.. I really want to tinker with Engineer. Perhaps I should save some of these credits for another class..
    Tanking artifacts are pretty much universally better than offensive artifacts. 

It doesn't matter how much damage you can do when you can't take a punch.
  • I concur with the above.

Having a glass jaw in Imperian is no fun whatsoever. Too much damage flying around.
  • I notice you get more pk interaction if you raid cities. But be careful of guards  since they tend to squash uninvited guests quickly, so you will find yourself moving around a lot. 
  • Our guards are cancerously powerful because we apparently don't think people should be held accountable for what they do if they are AFK in a city.
  • I wonder of we were to add an accuracy malus to guards if they are too heavily stacked, will this be one of several tweaks to encourage raiding. I know the reward or rewards for raiding are not that great at the moment, but there are people willing to raid just for the chance to get into combat if defenses weren't so insanely stacked.
  • Sarrius said:
    I concur with the above.

Having a glass jaw in Imperian is no fun whatsoever. Too much damage flying around.
    Hell even with tanking artifacts Anette can't take too much of a hit from the heavily artifacted people, and thats as a templar who are traditionally a very tanky class.  I'd consider L1 of pretty much all of the pertinent artifacts a minimum buy in to PK unless you have a particularly unbalanced class you're going for.
  • The bosses also drop quite a lot of useful artifacts, so you can save quite a lot of money that way if you're willing to rustle up some people to do those once a week.
  • Sarrius said:
    Our guards are cancerously powerful because we apparently don't think people should be held accountable for what they do if they are AFK in a city.
    No.

Guards are cancerously powerful in this game because nothing less powerful could stop Septus and I from wiping them out whenever we wanted.

Pretty much every major guard buff in this game can be directly attributed to either Septus+me or Juran+me raiding other cities until guard buffs made us back off.