Skip to content

What bug bugs you the most?

Title says it all. Keep it to two or three, please, and don't get derailed. If you filed it yourself in-game, feel free to include a bug number.

Comments

• I never actually bugged this for some reason, but I'd noticed on certain aggro mobs that if you get them to fall asleep after leaving and return, they'll snarl at you, while asleep. Sometimes they'll spam you with snarling until you hit them or they wake up. 

Examples: the young fell beasts in the Macabre Tunnels, grizzlies anywhere, unless this has been fixed since I last encountered the issue.

• Bug #52129                    Reporter(s): Juran
    Priority: Medium
    Reported by Juran at 2012/10/30 04:56:
    The COMBINE command does not properly send GMCP char.items.update, even though the item name changes and every stack but one is destroyed

I know it's low level and no one is really interested in digging in to fix it, but char.items.update doesn't really work at all with multiple item stacks for multiple different reasons and it basically results in having to choose to either never outrift stacks (unpractical) or not rely on GMCP at all for tracking herbs (frustrating).
  • Low level's totally okay here. It's about seeing what affects you on a regular basis and drives you bananas. Thanks for the good responses so far!

• Bug #52508                    Reporter(s): Juran
    Priority: Skills
    Reported by Juran at 2012/12/22 06:51:
    If multiple exits share the same direction simultaneously, for example the one way exit NORTHWEST of Room #3885 'On the Clouds' and the Southeast exit of Room #1927 that connects to #1941, traps facing the traditional exit also hit the one way exit in a way that no other trap can. The same trap will fire traving northwest from clouds as from traveling northwest from room #1941, yet no trap can be set similarly in other other cloud exits, because no exit exists on which to place the trap.

I can walk out of every clouds exit and immediately fly except for the Khandava one, because the snare trap there that is attached to an entirely different room will hit me as I exit the clouds room.
  • edited February 2013
    Stormhammer's non-functional targeting makes it impossible to properly use the ability (#52521)

[9:45][H:100 M:92 E:100 W:38 A:6 X:2.42][eb db] ab elemancy stormhammer
    Elemancy - Stormhammer

Syntax:
       CAST STORMHAMMER AT <player/mobile> AND <player/mobile> AND <player/mobile>
       CAST STORMHAMMER AT <mobile> <amount> <mobile> <amount> <mobile> <amount>

Channels:
       Air, Fire

This powerful attack can cast a lightning bolt at one, two, or three players or mobiles. Using
    stormhammer on fewer targets will take less mana. You can also group mobile targets, for example;
    CAST STORMHAMMER AT RAT 3 or CAST STORMHAMMER AT RAT 2 ORC 1.
    [9:45][H:100 M:92 E:100 W:38 A:6 X:2.42][eb db] ih
    You see the following objects:
    "crab244465"              a cave crab
    "crab255043"              a cave crab
    "bat255854"               a small cave bat
    Number of objects: 3
    [9:45][H:100 M:92 E:100 W:38 A:6 X:2.42][eb db] cast stormhammer at crab 2 bat 1
    Mana Lost: 27
    The sky above grows dark as you call upon powerful magicks. Raising your hands balefully, you cause
    lightning bolts, the hammer of the storm, to shoot from your hands and slam into a cave crab. Mana
    Lost: 27
    The bolts ricochet off and slam into a cave crab.
    Damage dealt: 43
    The final blow proves too much for a cave crab, who expires, pitifully.
    You have slain a cave crab.
    You have scored a staggering blow!
    Damage dealt: 43
    Adrenaline flows in your veins and your wounds hurt less.
    The final blow proves too much for a cave crab, who expires, pitifully.
    You have slain a cave crab.
    Equilibrium Taken: 5.60s
    [9:45][H:100 M:78 E:100 W:37 A:6 X:2.44][-b db]
  • Bug #52681                    Reporter(s): Aleutia

Reported by Aleutia at 2013/01/11 17:17:
    At the moment, it looks like you can't use the Gaze emote - which is needed for a quest in the Yhumara_islands
  • Right now, in Demon's Pass, the demons are capped at 3 per room, supposedly, and it's counting corpses as demons. This means that people are able to leave two corpses on the floor of the room and ensure that demons only enter the room one by one, which drops the difficulty of the area from "high level/aspect" to "hahaha trivial".

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited February 2013
    Khizan said:
    Right now, in Demon's Pass, the demons are capped at 3 per room, supposedly, and it's counting corpses as demons. This means that people are able to leave two corpses on the floor of the room and ensure that demons only enter the room one by one, which drops the difficulty of the area from "high level/aspect" to "hahaha trivial".
    And here I thought I was slick by attacking them all once and running so I can kill them one-by-one while they sleep. :(

Which I'm pretty sure is a bug in itself.

• Abigail said:
    Khizan said:
    Right now, in Demon's Pass, the demons are capped at 3 per room, supposedly, and it's counting corpses as demons. This means that people are able to leave two corpses on the floor of the room and ensure that demons only enter the room one by one, which drops the difficulty of the area from "high level/aspect" to "hahaha trivial".
    And here I thought I was slick by attacking them all once and running so I can kill them one-by-one while they sleep. :(

Which I'm pretty sure is a bug in itself.
    Thought that was entirely intentional to make it more available to non-aspects without artifacts. If it didn't work that way, I'd have to cheese it the whole time, instead of just right when I start a room and if there are any gooey's present.
  • ^^^^WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT???? :)
  • It 'feels' like an exploit, to me, though.
  • I might be missing something. Are you keeping them from all aggroing when you attack by doing what you're doing? I thought you meant just bash and running like I do. That would probably feel cheap to me as well, but giving the miserable bashing that I get with my class, I'd probably do it anyway.
  • Just let the mobs wander and attack, anything else is unnecessary. High level areas are high level for a reason.
  • I don't know if this can be changed, but it bothers me that the Hunter 'wyverns' use the special emotes from their base race. If they could use the reptile type emotes that would be awesome.

• Bug #52595                    Reporter(s): Sarciossis
    Priority: Cults
    Reported by Sarciossis at 2013/01/03 23:44:
    Allow the Champion offering message (In the name of the all-powerful Avasyu, etc) and then the following world emote able to be customized by the cult if you do the ritual at the altar.

• The bug that bugs me the most is no longer relevant to me.

Bug #52676                    Reporter(s): Lionas
    Priority: Cults

Reported by Lionas at 2013/01/11 03:11:
    RITUALS: ARYANA: DUPLICATE: It is possible to duplicate Ori and veritum, but not boneingot. I'm assuming the duplication list uses a whitelist rather than a blacklist, and this may just have been an oversight. If not, I'm going to go cry about how demonic is always persecuted :(
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Bug #52444                    Reporter(s): Lalitana

Reported by Lalitana at 2012/12/13 02:10:
    I am unable to see org requests, even after they are submitted, within my own organization - for example Dias recently filed #138, but I cannot view it. I can, however, view pending and completed requests from other organizations, such as the Wardancers and my old Kinsarmar requests.

I can see the three pending requests that Isadarr filed. It's a bit silly.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    That I have to let a favour run out before I can perform the ritual again, instead of just refreshing it. 
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited February 2013
    I hate forgetting that movement doesn't break altar summon (like it should) and instead, if you move back into the room on tick, (sorta like when you wake early on force tumble, man, what is it with AM), this happens. Plz make it so altar summon breaks on movement like prism, instead of doing this.

• That's exactly how prism works. If you move back into the prism before it ticks, prism resolves.

That's how cleave and everything else like it works too, as an aside.
  • That's exactly how prism works. In fact, that's how practically every skill like that works in the game. Leaving and entering too soon won't stop a prism. Leaving and entering too soon won't stop a behead.

Skills like that generally check for the presence of the target on each tick. Just be more cautious and wait a few seconds to be sure.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

edited February 2013
    Khizan said:

Skills like that generally check for the presence of the target on each tick. Just be more cautious and wait a few seconds to be sure.

I suppose I'm too used to being the one prisming, as opposed to being the target. I need to just be slower, I guess.

On another note, I started to mention this a couple times before and stopped myself, because it's probably a tricky bit of work on the admin side of things, but I'll go ahead and throw it out there after being urged to do so by others.
    Can we make the attack function 'smart'? I don't have a gem, and only keep my change in the cupholder of my car, so there's not a bunch of frequent reincarnating for my character. So when I'm in deathknight, as intelligent, with my bashing sabre, I'm doing 17 dps. Attack syntax forces you to do dsl. Meanwhile, if I use decay, I'm at 34 dps. This means instead of using attack for any other profession and having it be accurate and the command I want to use with my bashing stuff, I have to change it to decay. Any way this could be a bit more intuitive? I understand it only applies to a fairly small percentage of the playerbase, and again, I'm assuming it'd be difficult, so feel free to say keep using your shiny new var for attacks.
  • Eh, I don't know. As a sab I had to use puncture trioxion over attack because it was tied to garrote. Maybe a way to set what your "attack" would be game side.

• Wardancers basically need a manual bashing alias in the majority of their statpacks, because ATTACK keeps trying to splitleap.
  • perform force susser follow caelya
    You focus the might of the Gods into Susser to force her to obey your command.
    Susser is unable to resist the force of your faith.
    group
    You are following no one.

She had the Rite of Bracing, so it's not like it's a surprise that it didn't work. However, the message sort of implies that it did work.

• edited February 2013
    Caelya said:
    the might of the Gods
    Shouldn't this be changed?

Caelya said:
    perform force susser follow caelya
    You focus the might of the Gods into Susser to force her to obey your command.
    Susser is unable to resist the force of your faith.
    group
    You are following no one.

She had the Rite of Bracing, so it's not like it's a surprise that it didn't work. However, the message sort of implies that it did work.
    Yeah that sounds great, go ahead and let me know for certain when my soulmaster goes through. I get the same generic message no matter what the result.

• I don't particularly mind either way, but I have always considered the fact that it's untriggerable to be one of the better benefits of having and using Clarity.
    Most of the things I force command could benefit from it, so personally it stands to benefit me, in terms of game balance, overall, probably better if it remains the same, although negligible either way really. Force battlecry before flinging death is pretty obvious if it fails.
  • Abigail said:
    Caelya said:
    the might of the Gods
    Shouldn't this be changed?
    Why do you think it didn't work? :D