Skip to content

Me and my absence, and the various causes

Hey there.

So, I know theres probably at least a few of you who have noticed I haven't been as active as much lately. I said before in another thread things should be back to normal for me in September. I thought they would be. However, running my new business with my friends, where I'm there about 30 hours a week, and then working my normal job still about 36 hours a week, and finding time to develop my relationship with my girlfriend...things have been less normal than I thought they would be.

I'm not quitting Imperian, or being an Entity. Things will likely continue to be hard in the new future, but I'm not quitting it. I'm trying to find my groove still. How I can still be productive while doing all these things. It's all just very physically and mentally draining for me.

The business itself has been going well. We already have store regulars who just come and hang out with us. We've done quite well in sales. I even ordered and shipped out some Warhammer stuff to a friend I met from Aetolia some time ago(we met in person too before he moved away across the country). A lot of things have been going 'good' for me lately, but with the good, comes the bad. That's the way it goes. I'm not looking for pity, but my home situation has changed drastically this past year, and suddenly I found myself recently having to pay everything by myself all at once. So that has been stressful as well.

I want to finish by saying that I am thinking about Imperian, and all of you, and unlike some other people have done to me, I won't abandon the game, or you. For a long time the last nearly 2 years or so, my life has been work my day job, do stuff on Imperian, sometimes go hang out with friends on weekends. Things have just changed a lot. But I will figure it out, and I appreciate everyone's patience and compassion.

Thanks!
"One batch, two batch. Penny and dime."

Comments

• Druu,

I justed started on Imperian this month. The couple of times that I ran into you for an event were fun. Balancing basically two full time jobs and personal relationships must be very tough, so thanks for taking those times when you could rest to come make some fun for us. I'm glad you're prioritizing those things over the game, and look forward to hearing about your business growing and seeing you sprinting around the game inciting chaos from time to time. 

P.S. I went easy on Ozreas and Wyll in the blood bath so that they wouldn't be embarrassed in front of you. o:)
  • Glad to know things are going well for you for the most part, Druu, and we definitely miss you. Thanks for the events in the past two days, but RL > Imperian. Even though I always tell people to quit their jobs and commit to Imperian full time.

@Pha - That's why I kept running away from you in the bloodbath. I was scared.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • DruuDruu The Garden
    Wyll said:
    Glad to know things are going well for you for the most part, Druu, and we definitely miss you. Thanks for the events in the past two days, but RL > Imperian. Even though I always tell people to quit their jobs and commit to Imperian full time.

@Pha - That's why I kept running away from you in the bloodbath. I was scared.

Haha. I wish I could quit my crappy day job and work on Imperian full time. It has been something I've brought up. Maybe some day, when the circumstances are right.

The funny thing is I'm not doing great financially, but everyone always probably thinks I'm crazy when I say that because 'You have your own business with your friends now!', yeah, I do, but we also committed to not taking any profit until 1 year. So all the money we've made this month goes into ordering more stuff to sell. We've already expanded into Yu-gi-oh and Star Wars Armada, and some various other things.

Store's making a ton of money, I'm not...but after a year, it should make up for all the struggle.

And I never did mention the name. We have a Facebook if anyone wants to look us up. I know you guys probably don't live near me, but the name is Counterbalance Cards & Games.
    "One batch, two batch. Penny and dime."
  • If I am ever in your city I will try and stop buy to say hello!