Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Krysaliss said:
    Pretty sure it's been said before but...more environment types for housing. Please and thanks. 
    I asked for this in the Housing thread, yeah.  The current list is pretty sparse and there's several environments that are variants of the existing ones, at the very least, we could add.
  • ^ I see an argument against this because of environment-specific abilities like Droody things but plox idc forest plx
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • The only somewhat meaningless question I would have is whether or not those rooms would be able to have groves and/or produce herbs.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • For future auctions..

How it works currently:
    1. Person A bids 100 credits on X. Person A currently holds winning bid at 1 credit.
    2. Person B bids 50 credits. Winning bid is now at 51 credits with Person A still holding it.
    3. Person A decides they want to up their max bid, because they won't be online when the auction ends, but knows someone is out there gunning for item X.
    4. Person A bids 200 as a max bid and has now raised the bid on himself.

Zerin and I tested the above scenario last night.

How it should work:
    1. Person A bids 100 credits. The winning bid is now at 1 credits.
    2. Person A decides his max bid should be higher because he is willing to spend more and will not be around for when the auction ends.
    3. Person A bids 200 credits as his max. The winning bid remains at 1 credits.

You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Oystir said:
    ^ I see an argument against this because of environment-specific abilities like Droody things but plox idc forest plx
    I feel like this can be solved in like one line of code at the start of those abilities' code.

if room.isinhouse then return false end

Naruj said:
    The only somewhat meaningless question I would have is whether or not those rooms would be able to have groves and/or produce herbs.
    "Natural Underground" rooms in houses have made Toadstool for as long as I can remember.  I bugged that like a couple years ago on an alt and got told it was intentional.
  • When using ARTIFACT FRAGMENT LIST..

You possess the following artifact fragments:
    Keyword         Name                           Items   Tradein value
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dictation           an ornate dictation pen        5/5     25cr    
    circumferentor  a brass circumferentor         5/5     75cr    
    pendulum         a crystal pendulum on a string 10/5    10cr    
    salts                 a pouch of devil salts         2/5     50cr
    licence         a pet licence                  0/5     50cr
    slippery        a slippery sllih-hide cloak    8/5     25cr    
    tombstone       a tombstone of Life            8/5     10cr    
    eyeglass        a crooked eyeglass             5/5     10cr    
    bottle          a squirt bottle                5/5     10cr    
    allegiance      a pin of allegiance            1/5     25cr
    crystal         a chaotic crystal              0/5     15cr
    top             a quicksilver top              7/5     25cr    
    toolkit         a simple toolkit               5/5     10cr    
    sack            a sack of meat                 7/5     10cr    
    stone           an inscribed stone             9/5     10cr    
    ring            a signet ring                  5/5     10cr    
    elephant        an elephant carving            2/5     10cr
    monkey          a monkey idol                  1/5     10cr
    octopus         an octopus idol                5/5     10cr    
    angel           an angel idol                  0/5     10cr
    rhino           a rhino idol                   6/5     10cr    
    whip            a poisoned whip                7/5     10cr    
    sphere          a sphere of peace              4/5     10cr
    flute           a mithril flute                2/5     10cr
                    an whale idol                  0/5     10cr
                    an wyvern idol                 0/5     10cr
                    an scorpion idol               0/5     10cr
                    an elephant idol               0/5     10cr
                    an gopher idol                 0/5     10cr
                    an skull idol                  0/5     10cr
    wings           phoenix wings                  2/5     150cr

The format for the above is probably butt, but the new idols need keywords in, if they aren't in already.. I'm sure players can guess them anyways. Also, some fragments are missing from this list, they are:

1. a Veil of Obtenebrate
    2. a Gem of Transmutation
    3. a suit of quicksilver armour
    4. a Quicksilver Weapon

The above were offered during the March 2017 promotion. They were taken out of the list after the next promo, but then the wings were put on..? If that is on purpose, please ignore me, but I have old fragments and I'd like to see them on the list if only to make it easier to keep track of.

You say, "Oh crap."
  • edited August 2017
    So since this month has given a bit of interest in the Reskins Writs. Would it be possible to allow for the reskin to be removed...

For example say i have a pair of Orphanim Angel wings and then I bought a reskin to make them into the Halloween reskin "a pair of bat wings". Would it be possible to allow me to switch between my reskin, original and any other skins i purchased for it for free any time i wanted?

My thought process is that in October i might want to take a bit of Halloween theme and use halloween reskins but i would not necessarily want to use those for other months(Same for christmas if you guys want to do another design contest like this in November)
  • Could HELP Stavenn be fixed?
  • Add the ability to do exclusion and inclusion lists for house ambiences. I wanted to add some ruckus to my skeevy hideaway, but it wouldn't fit in my RP chamber or elsewhere.
  • Gjarrus said:
    Add the ability to do exclusion and inclusion lists for house ambiences. I wanted to add some ruckus to my skeevy hideaway, but it wouldn't fit in my RP chamber or elsewhere.
    Honestly being able to do it more finer-grained in general other than just "indoors" and ":outdoors" would do wonders.
  • I think it'd be cool if you could set the ambiences for each room. Since that was originally what I had thought it did, but apparently the choices to limit where limited.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • Store names passed into emotes for parsing. Eg, emote waves at #John from afar before sprinting towards #1_him. After giving #1_him a hug, he turns to #Jan and gives #2_her one as well.
  • Cosmetics trade skill, items sharing the same slot on the same line:
    Lip liner
    Lipstick
    Blush
    Eyeshadow
    Eyeliner
    Bronzer, Concealer, Foundation
    Mascara, Fake eyelashes
    Fingernail polish, fake fingernails
    Toenail polish, fake toenails?
    Body glitters, Body paint
    Hair dye
    Perfume (a stretch I know but I will stab you if you fight me on it)
  • Gjarrus said:
    Cosmetics trade skill, items sharing the same slot on the same line:
    Lip liner
    Lipstick
    Blush
    Eyeshadow
    Eyeliner
    Bronzer, Concealer, Foundation
    Mascara, Fake eyelashes
    Fingernail polish, fake fingernails
    Toenail polish, fake toenails?
    Body glitters, Body paint
    Hair dye
    Perfume (a stretch I know but I will stab you if you fight me on it)
    THIS. All the <3 This would be the only trade skill that I would purchase. I have to have it!
  • edited August 2017
    ^ I think we should have talents like Aetolia and that would be a perfect addition. (And floristry, fumology, artistry (or split that into papercraft/luthier/etc), and apothecary for the perfumes and junk). 

I say this knowing full well I do not need to spend more cash on crafting junk. :< So maybe ignore both of us. 
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Engineering flavoured melee weapons, for example: wrenches as clubs. Not 100% sure if wrenches are totally in theme with the time/technology setting that Imperian is set with, but with Engineer coming soon, i'd say we're about to have a modicum of wiggle room with weapon styles?
  • edited August 2017
    can blind on prompt for the love of god be B instead of b?  Alternatively can I just take blind/deaf off my prompt?
  • Fanglor said:
    can blind on prompt for the love of god be B instead of b?  Alternatively can I just take blind/deaf off my prompt?
    If you make a custom prompt, you can put the conditionals wherever you want using *i. It's extremely easy to match those conditionals with even basic wildcards once you move them around.

https://www.imperian.com/game-help/?id=838
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • edited August 2017
    Glass is currently a metalworking thing. 

Glass should be BOTH metalworking and masonry or a masonry option. 

Glass = ground up rocks melted together and masonry needs some love (I'm in favor of it counting for both, because, you know...)

• The separation is based on how the materials are worked. Stone is carved. Glass is melted and blown/worked in very similar ways to metal.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited August 2017
    Idea for a monthly promo item.

a landmarking flare:
    Allows you to set a public landmark to a room of your choice, creating a landmark available to everyone: PATH TRACK {SHOP|HOUSE|PUBLIC|BAR|MARK}. 

It's a great idea. Everyone wants one right now. 
  • Landmarks are a huge part of initial newbie experience and navigation. We wouldn't want to pollute that with random landmarks. As it is, we already carefully consider new global landmarks.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • What about level-limited landmarks, or landmarks set by allies, or landmarks set by orgs with a level requirement to see them? 

That way newbies won't get overwhelmed.
  • 'Librarian's Notes' for books. E.g., "This book is from before warfare forced an evolution in knight weaponmastery" or "This person is an idiot. Preserved for historical purposes."

• Also.

Again. 

Give us the ability to assign library aides to house libraries. 

Please. With whipped cream and cherries and chocolate sprinkles on top. Oh my gosh, it's so irritating to not be able to do that. 
  • So, Some IRE games do this, some don't, but can we please get rid of the banking fees? I still to this day don't see the purpose of them. Personal accounts are almost never used by players other than system based auto withdrawls (housing for example). Because the withdrawl fee is rather steep in some cases for no actual gain. 

Either A: Remove the fee's

or 

B: Introduce an interest system to make withdraw fee's worth it?
  • edited September 2017
    Add additional functionality to banks. 

o Allow you to transfer gold to other accounts (currently the only way to give gold is to mail it or give it in person, so if that person doesn't log in to 10 days then 2 bad 4 u. Good for credit sales too!)

o ^ Would be great if it were an option to do so anonymously.

o Let us have joint bank accounts/multiple bank accounts.

o Allow you to purchase market credits/promotion items/house add-ons via a bank account - allowing you to designate a set an artificial limit to your purchases and removing some aspect of things that *require* large sums of gold in your hands. Obviously this will need to be made possible to do outside of a bank. 

o Change shops to, if designated, automatically transfer shop funds (or % funds or all but X funds) to a bank account annually. Sends a message about it. Guild shop management made simple! Let your shop literally pay for its own taxes like god intended! 

Failing major changes, removing the funds could be reasonable. Interest is a bad idea. Imperian has already hugely fudged passive gold generation and tbh its the last thing we need. 
  • edited September 2017
    I feel pretty sure banking fees historically existed to make people think twice about using banks (so that more people would carry gold on their person).  It was a (small, but surprisingly effective) disincentive to actually USING banks, in order to support the theft system in all IRE games.  And then of course... you could give people crap for not using the bank (I made it a point never to carry more than "spending money" in Achaea, but I feel very sure lots of people carried their gold).  

It's one of those things where it's surprisingly easy to get (many) people to do (or not do) the thing that isn't in their best interest overall (XP rich bashing areas that are free/open PK are another, I call that "feeding the deer, so you can shoot them").  Even if people did use the bank, sometimes it was possible to steal from people IN the bank, depending on game/skills, and on how well versed in theft prevention the person.  Anyway, I'd like to see it go.
  • edited September 2017
    The withdrawal fees go to the bank's owning organization. The steward of said organization can use APPROPRIATE BANK to transfer these fees directly into the coffers.

• edited September 2017
    Meh.  The fees are too small to be meaningful to an org, but big enough to make lots of people go "I'll just keep it in my pack, my anti-theft is on point because the best non-com in the city helped me".  I seriously doubt my banking fees ever got a second glance by any treasurer, but I know my credit purchases did.  I definitely see it as an evil little dev nudge, because theft was supposed to be a huge mechanic in all of the IRE games (and it was for a very long time in Achaea, somewhat less so now, but still a thing).  

EDIT:  because the fees really weren't that punitive in the grand scheme, but there is definitely this weird little psychological number it pulls on many people.  They just don't like "losing" that small percentage.