Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I would like to see pipes have the same effect as 'fill empty from pot' to be 'put linseed in empty' or something similiar.
  • put linseed in pipe

You fill your pipe with a linseed.

Already have one on that, except its put linseed/laurel/lovage/blueberry/weed in pipe

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited February 2013
    Pretty sure that only works if the pipe that's used when you type 'pipe' happens to be empty, else you have to use the pipe# anyway. May be wrong, I just use token pipes :(
  • edited February 2013
    Since there can often be confusion when people circle/org hop, allow us to see someone's city/council in their honours, regardless of their position?

Unrelated but also on my mind: Can we learn weapon proficiencies from other people who have the weapon proficiency for the same lesson cost? And possibly do the same with languages? The weapons teachers are often dead, and some of the language teachers are in hostile territory.

• Caelya said:
    Since there can often be confusion when people circle/org hop, allow us to see someone's city/council in their honours, regardless of their position?
    I agree with this, given that it'd be more of a convenience thing than anything. Those in non-circle orgs will almost always show up as unwanted (i.e. antioch vs stavenn), and those from the same circle but a different org won't show up as a member of your own org (i.e. antioch vs ithaqua.)

If it becomes a problem, could always just make the Ivory Brooch hide that listing, too.
  • Mathiaus said:
    I would like to see pipes have the same effect as 'fill empty from pot' to be 'put linseed in empty' or something similiar.
    [16:03][H:100 M:84 E:100 W:100 A:51 X:39.17][eb db] ii pipe
    You are wielding:
    You are holding:
    "pipe307984"              a silver pipe
    "pipe308037"              a silver pipe
    "pipe308038"              a silver pipe
    [16:03][H:100 M:84 E:100 W:100 A:51 X:39.17][eb db] outr linseed
    You remove 1 linseed, bringing the total in the Rift to 208.
    [16:03][H:100 M:84 E:100 W:100 A:51 X:39.17][eb db] outr laurel
    You remove 1 laurel, bringing the total in the Rift to 278.
    [16:03][H:100 M:84 E:100 W:100 A:51 X:39.17][eb db] outr lovage
    You remove 1 lovage, bringing the total in the Rift to 278.
    [16:03][H:100 M:84 E:100 W:100 A:51 X:39.17][eb db] put plant in pipe
    You fill your pipe with a linseed.
    You fill your pipe with laurel bark.
    You fill your pipe with a lovage leaf.
    [16:03][H:100 M:84 E:100 W:100 A:51 X:39.17][eb db] ii pipe
    You are wielding:
    You are holding:
    "pipe307984"              a silver pipe (linseed)
    "pipe308037"              a silver pipe (laurel)
    "pipe308038"              a silver pipe (lovage)
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Silly stuff like that makes me nooby and sad.
  • Since there are several things you can't do while mounted, and you can also look pretty silly emoting stood on the ground when you're actually up on a horse, would it be possible to add a custom prompt option for noting if you're mounted? It could be (mounted), or just (m). If there's a way to already do this, game-side, please let me know!

• Caelya said:
    Since there are several things you can't do while mounted, and you can also look pretty silly emoting stood on the ground when you're actually up on a horse, would it be possible to add a custom prompt option for noting if you're mounted? It could be (mounted), or just (m). If there's a way to already do this, game-side, please let me know!
    While a cool idea, I'd think that you'd be able to at least manually remember the fact that you're mounted on something.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited February 2013
    Can it be such that herbs eaten while in arena go back into the rift instead of staying out in the inventory :3
  • In addition to previous suggestions around clan invite, it'd be helpful if you could CLAN INVITE BOB <POSITION>
    Actually, if that were the default, maybe settable on or off by the clan leader it would be neat.
  • Azefel said:
    Can it be such that herbs eaten while in arena go back into the rift instead of staying out in the inventory :3
    I personally prefer the way it works now.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Juran said:
    I personally prefer the way it works now.
    Always interesting to see what you used.
  • I've been told this isn't already a thing, so: Could we have the ability to read helpfiles in clans without having to switch to that particular clan? It could function similarly to the other CLAN <number> <command> things, but be something like clhelp <number> <helpfile>. 

• Azefel said:
    You mean so limb damage matters for weapon classes in the arena? So people who suck at curing it would still die, like they would out of the arena? But Azefel, our arena-only champions would have to face combat that based on out-of-the-arena variables! For shame!
  • edited February 2013
    outr 10 orphine;;outr 10 maidenhair;;outr 10 wormwood;;outr 10 galingale;;outr 10 kelp;;outr 10 nightshade;;outr 10 mandrake;;outr 10 hyssop;;outr 10 juniper;;outr 10 endive;;outr 20 toadstool
  • I'd just outr 1000 of everything in arena fights, with much the same effect as the current method.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:
    I'd just outr 1000 of everything in arena fights, with much the same effect as the current method.
    Most arena heroes would not, sadly. I mean, look at Abigail. 10 kelp? You can tell who doesn't fight very often. Kelp stacks are all the rage right now.

For combat spars, at least, is there any possibility of adding functionality where you did not have infinite plants (either Khizan's method or current arena method). It gives you an instant leg up against certain affliction strategies.Though, I can really see the different in the arena rankings and pk rankings...so I guess it could go either way.
  • *(ON) Arena Mode Outrifting
    Just outrifts one of everything and ignores outrifting from that point on. Though to my credit, I only ever fight in the arena during the Tournament of Ages.
  • There's no real way to stop my way, though. I mean, you can't stop me from outring 200 kelp outside of the arena if I wanted to. The only cost there would be that I'd end up paying something like 800g to replace dropped kelp if I died before being able to inr all. 

The only way to effectively remove it would be to have arena fights consume plants like normal.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• There are two different types of arena combat, ranked and unranked. Could just make ranked be the same as if you were outside the arena aside from the xp loss/gain. Would love to be able to keep the no loss of plants etc...but if that would be to much, then I guess it'd be fine without it.

• I'd idea'd this a while back, but could 'Ambassadors' and their aides (or anyone able to citizen) get the ability to sense when a newbie joins a city/council from the introduction? It works for guilds, I'd noticed, just not for cities and councils. 

• Caelya said:
    I'd idea'd this a while back, but could 'Ambassadors' and their aides (or anyone able to citizen) get the ability to sense when a newbie joins a city/council from the introduction? It works for guilds, I'd noticed, just not for cities and councils. 
    Currently, the message "Swackhammer has joined in the introduction." will display to anyone with the Ambassador power. Maybe it'll be easier to catch if we put it in your CTELL colors?
  • edited February 2013
    Ahkan said:
    Most arena heroes would not, sadly. I mean, look at Abigail. 10 kelp? You can tell who uses examples to illustrate her point
    ಠ╭╮ಠ
  • Eusto said:
    Caelya said:
    I'd idea'd this a while back, but could 'Ambassadors' and their aides (or anyone able to citizen) get the ability to sense when a newbie joins a city/council from the introduction? It works for guilds, I'd noticed, just not for cities and councils. 
    Currently, the message "Swackhammer has joined in the introduction." will display to anyone with the Ambassador power. Maybe it'll be easier to catch if we put it in your CTELL colors?
    I probably always missed it because it says they've joined but doesn't specify what, so I just assume it was that message you see when a newbie enters the game. The guild message is something like 'soandso has joined your guild in the introduction/has been inducted by Cerise', and it's a lot more noticeable simply because it's specific. However, color-coding the one or even both would be great, too.

• Caelya said:
    Eusto said:
    Caelya said:
    I probably always missed it because it says they've joined but doesn't specify what, so I just assume it was that message you see when a newbie enters the game. The guild message is something like 'soandso has joined your guild in the introduction/has been inducted by Cerise', and it's a lot more noticeable simply because it's specific. However, color-coding the one or even both would be great, too.
    You got it. Score one for improving clarity.
  • Would it be possible to add a toggleable option to display the remaining number of sips in a vialbelt after you refill an empty?

It would look something like:

You drink the last drop of an elixir of health from a simple isan vial. Finding a simple isan vial empty of an elixir of health, you quickly roll the mouth of the vial across one of the many spouts on a plain grey vialbelt. In only an instant, the pressurized liquid sprays into the vial and it is once again full.
    The elixir heals your body.
    2800 sips of health elixir remaining.

• edited February 2013
    I'd also like to see something like the vialbelt mechanic for pipes where smoking the last bit of plant in your pipe would auto-refill it from your rift.

At the very, absolute least, a message that tells you that your pipe's run out of puffs, like with the last sip of an elixir. Because I have no way of tracking that otherwise (autocuring just won't smoke if there's no full pipe.)

The only other option here is to carry approximately 50 billion linseed pipes or check II PIPE five times a minute.
  • When I call my falcon, because I am wearing a glove, it comes automatically to my inventory.  I'm assuming kestrels are the same.

Can we get two commands to summon it back.

ORDER FALCON RETURN would bring it to your room.

ORDER FALCON RETURN WRIST would bring it to your inventory.
  • edited February 2013
    You get ten puffs out of a pipe, learn2math. That being said, it isn't unreasonable to get a message about it going empty like vials do.