Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Krysaliss said:
    No liberty spikes. I have way too much hair to manage that. Once we get through the efffin' frustrating process of bleaching too much dark hair, I'll post a picture. 
    Word, and I just got mine cut like a month ago too.  Pretty sure I'd have to get it cut daily just to have something resembling shoulder-length.

• I <3 that I do not have to -remain- blonde and that I didn't absolutely destroy my hair by bleaching. Which I was seriously afraid of doing. It's still all soft and happy. Onward to color!
  • edited August 2017
    1189/1189 (100%) 637/606 (105%) Bl 0 
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • [ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Overachiever' Achievement! You have earned 250 Bound Credits.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Damn, I gotta get to achievement farming.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Getting a chance to do a small bit of RPing
  • edited August 2017
    Mercer said:
    Getting a chance to do a small bit of RPing
    This is absolutely awesome, and I love those small chances, too.

It's a shame that it's rare enough to merit a forum post, though :(

• LaekaLaeka Houston
    Getting to do lots of little rp things lately. <3 to those that take the time to rp.
  • <3 for RP. More RP. All the RP.
  • Moving to Ithaqua was a great move for the RPs. 
  • edited August 2017
    The only issue with Ithaqua is that it's dead quiet a lot of the time. I -adore- Ithaqua. I love the theme and there are some stellar RPers there. It's just a lot of time spend thumb twiddling. 

Edit - Also would bet solid money on Ithaqua being the next kaboomed council as a result. Which would be LAME, because best theme in game currently for city/council, but activity is like nil. 
  • The theme of Ithaqua is definitely my favorite. Couple that with certain AM profs (namely Ranger and Predator), and it is the best time. Some of my favorite RP memories were there as a Warden, second to Stavenn. Shame one got nuked and the other is probably forthcoming. I feel like there was and is much untapped potential.

• This continues and contributes to my opinion that Imperian should reduce itself to half-destroyed councils, no cities. No civilization. Semi-post apocalypse setting.

Ahhh, wishful thinking. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Krysaliss said:
    The only issue with Ithaqua is that it's dead quiet a lot of the time. I -adore- Ithaqua. I love the theme and there are some stellar RPers there. It's just a lot of time spend thumb twiddling. 

Edit - Also would bet solid money on Ithaqua being the next kaboomed council as a result. Which would be LAME, because best theme in game currently for city/council, but activity is like nil. 
    I started out in Antioch, and was told exactly what you're saying, but I just can't bring myself to agree. Antioch might have more people online, but all communication was happening in rings/clans. At least in Ithaqua, we've been drinking and having IC interactions.

I am guilty of avoiding Shuk because I didn't care for the snuggly atmosphere, so maybe my views are skewed.
  • It's just that Antioch has no role. It has stopped necessarily being forthright about being anti-magick. It's not even about the leaders or people. I think Antioch, like Stavenn, probably should close up shop. The story is, despite all efforts of leadership since the Godfall, still inextricably attached to the concept of divinity, and that is a huge gaping hole in the narrative in a fashions.

If Ithaqua falls, Antioch NEEDS a new direction. If Antioch falls, Ithaqua NEEDS to not be so insular. Something has to give.
  • The "snuggly atmosphere," as Rokas put it, is what has kept me from making an Antiochian alt Ranger. Knowing that Ithaqua/Antioch are still allies is what keeps me from making an Ithaquan alt Ranger. Former Antioch was great before a select few came into leadership, but I want to avoid personal attacks. All I am saying is that there needs to be some direction there, and some re-prioritization, and some culture shifts.

• edited August 2017
    @Rokas - Dude, my Ithaquan -lived- in the tavern. There's definitely interaction to be had, it's just quiet often. Thoooough, that's the state of the game in general now, so maybe there's hope that Antioch gets the kaboom and not Ithaqua. 

We can all hope. 

>:)  o:)

I would really love to see some Antiochians deal with the Iron Code. 

Edit - Now that Stavenn is gone I'd be down for a post-apoc, civilization is dead Imperian. Down with cities. Right there with you, @Sarrius
  • Krysaliss said:
    @Rokas - Dude, my Ithaquan -lived- in the tavern. There's definitely interaction to be had, it's just quiet often. Thoooough, that's the state of the game in general now, so maybe there's hope that Antioch gets the kaboom and not Ithaqua. 

We can all hope. 

Edit - Now that Stavenn is gone I'd be down for a post-apoc, civilization is dead Imperian. Down with cities. Right there with you, @Sarrius

While you guys are in it for the RP potential.. I am just sitting here wondering where I am going to gamble if all the cities/councils blow up.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Krysaliss said:

We can all hope. 

Ithaqua is where alts go to die.
  • edited August 2017
    I joked about this to someone else before. Antioch can still be the city of the Gods. With the actual Gods dead and only fledgling gods remaining, Antioch's arrogance rises to all new heights and they declare themselves Gods, striving to assert their control over the mortals who misuse the diachaim that rightfully belongs to them. Maybe they see Ithaqua as tolerable barbarians who have fallen in line.

• Caelya said:
    I joked about this to someone else before. Antioch can still be the city of the Gods. With the actual Gods dead and only fledgling gods remaining, Antioch's arrogance rises to all new heights and they declare themselves Gods, striving to assert their control over the mortals who misuse the diachaim that rightfully belongs to them. Maybe they see Ithaqua as tolerable barbarians who have fallen in line.
    Honestly, that would be pretty rad, sort of like Imperian's version of the Goa'uld from Stargate. 
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold

Icarius said:
    Caelya said:
    Honestly, that would be pretty rad, sort of like Imperian's version of the Goa'uld from Stargate. 

Teal'c would be the best Ithaquan.

So Ithaqua'd be the Jaffa or something?

Also, who is Ba'al enough to be Ba'al in Antioch?
  • But then I would have to make amends with Antioch and pay billions of gold so that I could join and fulfill my destiny. :(

• I had a dream about Imperian last night, which happens often, and it has me thinking..

I love this game. Despite its flaws and despite some of the arguments we have with each other, I really do love it. And our community. I get to do cool stuff with people I've known for a decade or more. When I'm out with friends, sometimes in the back of my mind I think, "Man, I wish I could go home and play Imperian." I am addicted to it, and I don't see it as a bad thing. If we're honest, most of us are or we wouldn't be here 12+ hours a day.

So.. in a word, I heart Imperian. I heart our community (most of the time). And I heart the admins who make it possible.

• I had a dream about Imperian last night.

You too? Glad I'm not the only one! I also <3 Imperian.
  • You think you got it bad? I dream about implementing new features, only to wake up and realize that
    1. It was a dream
    2. Implementing it will be way more complicated in real life
    (It isn't uncommon for me to dream in code. I promise I'm not a robot.)
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Some years back we had a discussion about our scrolling text dreams. 

An awful lot of us have them. 

Addictions are rough, yo. 
  • Eat wormwood
  • Spiderman homecoming was a good movie. :V