Skip to content

New Profession: Engineer

2»

Comments

• Lartus said:
    So what happens if you fire a bomb in a cave? Does it turn into a cave-in and kill everyone in the room?
    Are you suggesting an insta kill that targets everyone in the room? Including yourself? Make it happen!
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Is there any update on this?  Been interested in this since I started playing again.
  • We're still working on some design for it, but it's progressing well! We hope to give a good update with fleshed out AB info Soon(tm).
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • LaekaLaeka Houston
    can't wait to see what it's gonna look like!
  • You currently possess 5281 Lessons,

• Getting closer. Hopefully it will be a little different.

• Gjarrus said:
    You currently possess 5281 Lessons,

You currently possess 5243 Lessons,

I see I'm not the only one...

• edited June 2017
    Will gyrocopters/engineered pets be of use sole for combat?(( I hope for bashing opportunities too! ))  Or will they be possible to have periodic actions to enhance the gun-fighting done by the engineer?  Gyros with portable flamethrowers?  Saw-blade spinning mechano threshers in a mobs face?  Mechanical walking bombs for distractions?  Will engineers be reloading guns with multiple ammo types using reactive chemicals....Like coating someone in oil before using a special shot to set on fire?   ALSO before I forget....Will there be the possibility of manipulating room environments through the use of resources found in varied environs?  (( turrets made from the very trees found in the forest?   Glass bombs from the desert?  Portable avalanche in wintry/tundra environs?)) 
  • So hows the new profession coming along? @Eoghan @Jeremy Saunders
  • Design is just about done; there will undoubtedly be tweaks as we progress through the code and then go into testing.

We've started on the coding for the profession, but can't give any specific update on the current state yet, though, still too early!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • The clockwork hunt is a cruel teaserino D:
  • edited July 2017
    I hadn't really been following this thread, but you should have called them Tinkers or Tinkerers.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • Machinist?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Techies

• DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    What, no one thought of making a smaller cannon? Having a man portable cannon that causes self-knockback would be kinda neat, and possibly useful in some situations.
  • Zuki from Atlas Reactor has a dash that does AoE and launches her away. There's also the Corki route (burning trail from gyro exhausts) or the Tristana route (jump in and use rocket to break the fall on someone's face).
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    I have found the cannon in question.