Skip to content

New Artifacts Wishlist

Comments

• Yeah. The name thing would be cool, but it will just never happen. Sorry.

• I'd like to preface this suggestion with this: I would ideally just like the damage bonus from an artifact weapon to source itself out to Warchants too, since Warchants are physical and logically artifact weapons just buff physical damage a la mental damage collars. Berserkers already 'need' to buy two artifacts for their offense, adding a third seems ridiculous. However, if that isn't possible..

Why don't we have Warchant damage artifacts? Tahm has asked, Khizan has asked (and made a similar suggestion to myself earlier, which is where I got it from), Septus has asked - and that is just counted from me going through this discussion. I sent off a private message about it earlier, but forgot we even had this thread til now. My understanding is we took Warchants off the mental designation (which flags a skill for modification by INT and traditional collars) and then never addressed a replacement.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • A trap kit that removes wood/rope costs. Don't even care if I still have to use a toxin for dart.

A swift attach cd reduction arti.

• Something to make sketching less hellish! The quill is a good start, but it's still not fun needing to find people of all the magickal classes to sketch.

A chromatic sketchbook! Would work like the tarot deck, but for sketches:

TEAR RUNEGUARD FROM SKETCHBOOK WITH BLUE GOLD GREEN to specify inks. Trying to INSERT chromatic sketches would make them crumble away. 
  • Galt said:
    Something to make sketching less hellish! The quill is a good start, but it's still not fun needing to find people of all the magickal classes to sketch.

A chromatic sketchbook! Would work like the tarot deck, but for sketches:

TEAR RUNEGUARD FROM SKETCHBOOK WITH BLUE GOLD GREEN to specify inks. Trying to INSERT chromatic sketches would make them crumble away. 
    You can sketch me for all of them. 
  • A grimy bottle of hot air ..  If you are not currently recovering from shouting, you instead can 'store' up to 1 additional shout.

A better wording is probably x% faster shout recovery. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited September 2017
    A bottomless hat - Any promo item placed inside this hat will take effect when the hat is worn. Would work for costumes, earrings, the various anklets, cloaks etc. 

Alternately and likely less hassle:

A fashionable brooch - Hides any promo items you're wearing.
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Sarrius said:
    A grimy bottle of hot air ..  If you are not currently recovering from shouting, you instead can 'store' up to 1 additional shout.

A better wording is probably x% faster shout recovery. :(

A deck of playing cards.

I know the card tables exist as a housing addition, but I think an argument could be made for having just a simple deck of cards on hand to play with as well. Same rules as the table games, just... portable.
  • The card table is actually not a house addition, just blackjack and roulette. You deploy it in the room and can break it down afterward to go card it up somewhere else.

I still can't stomach paying 300c for something free android apps do better, myself, but maybe if they add in blinds, bet tracking, and something other than no limit betting, then I'd get it for poker alone cause I'm a freaking sucker and eventually playtest the other games to see what's up.
  • @Gjarrus, I'm a bad person since I forgot to tell you, but I asked about small/big blinds on bugday and I was told more or less no/maybe? Something about it not being automatic in real life, so it shouldn't be in the game. Don't quote me on that though, since I don't remember what exactly was said.

I think round robin dealing was added during the bugday, but I can't recall the command and it isn't in the helpfile. I'll have to ask what it was.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • edited September 2017
    *facepalm* What. Yeah, never buying it until those are in, "realistic" or not.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=poker&c=apps&price=1&hl=en
  • a can of paint 100 cr/3tk

Lets you customise the dropped and read message on the sign pointing into your token shop. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • edited October 2017
    Oystir said:
    a can of paint 100 cr/3tk

Lets you customise the dropped and read message on the sign pointing into your token shop. 

I need a colorful way to advertise my Pickle Emporium|Pickle Palace.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • a miniature coliseum - place gladiator bets/ see fights from anywhere (3 tokens)

a beast master's trinket - 150 credits (lets you use a particular pet skill on any of your pets as long as the pet is able to learn it (and has free learning capacity).

EMPOWER TRINKET WITH <skill>
    ATTACH TRINKET TO <pet>

So if you have a "Speed" beast master's scroll - you will be able to use speed on any pet that has 1) a free learning slot) 2) ability to learn speed. 

instead of a miniature coliseum: a coliseum betting pigeon (we have enough miniature versions of stuff, seriously)
  • OhmOhm
    edited December 2017
    Dimitri said:
    instead of a miniature coliseum: a coliseum betting pigeon (we have enough miniature versions of stuff, seriously)
    Do you know how many pigeons we have in Kinsarmar, seriously!

perhaps ‘a ceremonial gladius’ - maybe it also provides better pay-outs after the pretty hard nerf to drop credit prizes 
  • A Token of Disownment: This item will remove (or if it's technically easier, hide) your character's surname.
  • edited December 2017
    Documents of Annulment: This will allow you to divorce your spouse without adding a number of divorces to your honours (spouse is not required to agree). -High Price.

Divorce Papers: This will allow you to divorce your spouse without adding a number of divorces to your honours (spouse is required to agree.- Medium Price.

File for Legal Separation: This will make a world wide announce that you and your spouse are having marital strife. Divorce will trigger automatically after a random time period of 1-100 hours.

These would be a hilarious way to thin credit/gold/token stockpiles.

Edit: Someone hire Wyll for a divorce trial already, I wanna watch the proceedings and eat up all the tinned popcorn i got for Holidaysmas.
  • Arakis said:
    File for Legal Separation: This will make a world wide announce that you and your spouse are having marital strife. Divorce will trigger automatically after a random time period of 1-100 hours.
    Please. If there is a God, please.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • OhmOhm
    edited January 2018
    A charmbelt 

dispersing charms/ transmitters/emitters are consumables that have limited uses. can you collect 10/20/25 of each and add to an artifact charmbelt to make the effect permanent?

Can be applied to other consumables as well?
  • I will be making a few new token items this week. I have some from this list, but if you have some others you have thought of, let me know.

• A generous giftbag

Allows you to send a person a gift in their birthday month. Value of gift could be trivial to significant.

Add ribbons/ pages/ another collectible to enhance quality of gifts. Add Page for plants, elixirs, food, ale, jewellery, assembly, pet

usable once IG month

a gold divining rod
    doesnt decay and provides faster cool-down compared to current rods

a homing beacon/ an antique compass
    Doubles the chance of finding lost pages

Scented handkerchief 
    ignore the stench of others

a dune striding board
    ignore the clamber over rubble/ dunes/ trenches ice exits and walk normally through them

• @Jeremy, I know you're busy, but you forgot to add this item:
    Wyll Alwynd, Divorce Attorney, Attorney at Law, Graduate of Attorney school approves of:

You say, "Oh crap."
  • a ragged scarecrow
    PLANT SCARECROW
    causes denizens to avoid walking into a room

a plagiarizing imp
    COPY DESIGN <#> TO <#>
    allows you to replace artifact vial of one design with an artifact vial another design

Don't need a scarecrow, just become a ranger and build a campground! :sweat_smile:
  • a novice hat
    This hat prevents you from being an aggro target if you are in a party with other people. If you are the only one, then it doesn't work

a cut purse
    any mob dropping gold automatically siphon a portion to you. Have a chance of being detected. 

an eroded stone tablet
    Understand other languages but as if the person speaking was drunk

a haggler's discount card
    Get a 10% discount from player owned shops. 

an anti-bargain plaque
    prevent a haggler's discount card from working

a crafter's blessing (single use item)
    minor typographical errors are automatically fixed and approved in the crafting queue

an artisan's blessing
    ensure your designs are looked at within 3 months.

a faded newspaper
    enter the NEWSROOM from anywhere as long as not in combat for the past 5 minutes or there are no other players in the room

a bounty hunter contract nullifier (single use item)
    clear all bounties against your name. The city or council will see the bounty fulfilled by a random citizen. 

a pair of shiny stehl spurs

Functions like the anklet assembly items and give you a new entry/exit message. I don't have any particular ideas on the messages but this is the video I saw when I thought of it.

a squat compost bin

Does two things: permanent compost heap, the organic material goes in the bin, saltpetre shows up in the bin after a certain amount of time or when you turn a crank (similar to the papermill arti) not sure which would be easier. Secondary function: No stench ambient. Perfect for indoor gardens/gunpowder manufacturing.

• Dimitri said:
    a pair of shiny stehl spurs

Phantasmic diadem. I won mine on auction for 1,100 credits.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Bump.

Any new ideas?
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote