Skip to content

Is Imperian worth getting back into?

So, I decided to get back into Imperian after a several year absence and the game is as awesome as I remember, just with the expected changes. Problem is, the more I read the forums, the more I get the impression I'm going to need to sink hundreds of dollars and program my own auto-response system if I want to have any chance of not getting ganked. How true is this?

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer

The autocuring system(aka, the "gbot") is solid. Very solid. It will cover you for most any team combat situation you get in. It'll lose to affliction classes who know how to exploit it, if you're not capable of manually overriding it, but that's true of all systems. There's no need to hand-code a healing system anymore unless you want to be a top-tier 1v1 combatant. 

As far as artifacts... yes and no. You'll need a fair investment to get much into A-list quality 1v1 combat at this stage of things. But a few trans skills will be enough to let you bash and to participate in shardfall style group PvP. I'd rather have one guy at level 80-something with two trans skills who knows what he's doing and can listen to directions than have an artifact-laden aspect like Mathiaus whose main strategy is "run off alone and die".

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

Answers

• Alright, thanks for the answer. I'm more interested in RP driven pvp than being the best in arena combat. Looks like I'm going to have no excuse not to get hopelessly addicted again...

• All in all, despite the fact that the Gods died, I think Imperian is in a good position to come back to if you can find people to RP/play with in the circle you're in. On that note, if you want to try out demonic, we will love you.
    Made the world a better place within which to live.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • edited February 2013
    On that note...

I'm sorta mounting a return myself, from a prolonged absence due to otherworldly responsibilities. I wanted to know:

1. Is damage directly/inversely proportional to STR? Or is there like a cap, like if I go beyond 16 STR, the damage I deal at 18 STR is less than the damage I deal at 17 STR?

2. Yngvold: he seriously gives out artie items for yeti pelts? I'm assuming the yetis are pretty hard hitters for such a prize.
  • 1. Str to damage is pretty lame. Iunno about the specifics, ask someone less ignorant.

2. Yeti's don't hit hard, they just run two rooms per one hit, and it's a bitch to corral them so you don't have to keep moving around. :(
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Every point of str is slightly over 5% physical damage, IIRC. Between 5.5% and 5.8%, scales really slightly (or maybe just cause of rounding). And I think it's only every pt of strength, like, above 10 or 12 that starts to get that effect.
  • 2. Yeti's don't hit hard, they just run two rooms per one hit, and it's a bitch to corral them so you don't have to keep moving around. :(
    Oh, nice! How much yeti pelts do I need per item that Yngvold sells?
  • edited February 2013
    The items he sells aren't powerful - just vials, pipes, etc. I am unfamiliar with the prices, I don't have a globe.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Yngvold, the exotic furrier says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
    goggles289063: goggles of whitesight     10 120yp
    pipe267673: a yeti bone pipe                    18 25yp
    brooch280232: an Icecloak Brooch            5 175yp
    vial189710: a yeti bone vial                       20 30yp
    parka9846: a yeti fur parka                        18 20yp
  • edited February 2013

Yeti's don't hit hard, they just run two rooms per one hit, and it's a bitch to corral them so you don't have to keep moving around. :(

Aren't yetis supposed to chase you?

• Can yeti artifacts be traded in? If so, how often can you get to Yeti island?

• edited February 2013
    Ragnar said:
    Can yeti artifacts be traded in? If so, how often can you get to Yeti island?
    No. Once an IG year.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I was able to visit Yngvold last night, but I had to log out after about 30 minutes trying to kill yetis. And I only got two pelts. If I log back in, do I return at Yngvold, or do I return to mainland? Coz the yetis are quite troublesome, and if I can only visit once an IG year, then that means work. A lot of work.