Skip to content

Mudlet UI

Since @wyll mentioned it I thought I'd share for those curious, here's a little glimpse of my mudlet UI as it stands now, though I'm still trying to decide what to put on my hotbar thing:

LMK what you think!

Comments

• What is that spatula looking thing in 'defences'?
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • edited July 2017
    Wyll said:
    What is that spatula looking thing in 'defences'?
    The fork is meant to represent Tenemecy.   Unless you meant something else?

[edit]: A lot of the icons there are probably suboptimal but I deal with what I can scavenge from OpenGameArt and similar.  What isn't pictured is if you mouse over them, the Information panel has the Defence or Affliction name and a full description of it.
  • edited July 2017
    Way prettier and more elegant than mine, which is a hotdump of information and kind of jangly. I especially like the mini-icons for affs/defs, perfect or not.

E: for comparison 
  • That's rad, Anette. Kabaal makes good code, but not so good shiny pretty things. :P 
  • Is the map in the top left the mudlet map?  I was trying to get it to display somewheres in mine without splitting the window and just could not for the life of me.
  • edited July 2017
    E: Just remembered I use older mmp code. Looking at the new stuff, I extra have no idea with the floating window.

I wish I could say how I got it there, but it's been ages and the mmp code is kinda uggo. If I break it using the smallmap/bigmap command, this function fixes it for me

function resizer()

local winwidth,winheight = getMainWindowSize()

setBorderLeft(winwidth*.36)

local bottom_height = winheight*.08

setBorderBottom(bottom_height)

local top_height = winheight*.36

setBorderTop(top_height)

setBorderRight(winwidth*0.15)

---left 28.5% right 21.5% 50%

local mainWrap = (winwidth/calcFontSize(8))*.6

setWindowWrap("main",mainWrap)

end

• Thanks, I'll give that some playabout and see if I cant get something working using that kind of thing.
  • edited July 2017
    You can likely use the same code as demonic uses with YATCO to place the mudlet map inside a chat tab. 
  • Hate  to say it, but I've def got  you all beat here.

• I'm minimalist too but I do prefer the mudlet map. 
  • @Cassius I can't stand it. Dunno why.
  • Blame Open Broadcaster for this being in FLV, but a little demonstration of the tooltips/info thing:

https://cdn.highlandarrow.com/share/2017-07-15-1620-35.flv
  • edited July 2017
    So at some insistence and interest, I've decided to make the repository for my system available publicly.  You can find it here: https://git.postactiv.com/maiya/valkyrior-mudlet

Necessary disclaimer

IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MODIFIES AND/OR CONVEYS THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

In plain English, if it makes your computer explode, I'm not liable.

Some current caveats

1] It's designed entirely for 1080p, and making it work with other resolutions is one of those things I'll do Eventually TM but it isn't a priority.

2] Pretty much 100% designed for templar right now.

3] Most of the actual combat stuff isn't in here yet.  I am in dire need of messages that I'm capturing for affs, in particular, and everyone these days just relies on autocuring, it seems.

4] You will have to change image paths.  I will be making this easier soonish.

5] Image sources are not available because I used commercially-licensed stuff to make the UI.

6] While I'll try to help out where I can if I can, this is coming with no offer or expectation of support.

To Install

Checkout the git repository, Import the omnibus module into Mudlet, change image paths, done.

To Use

Most of the stuff here is pretty much self-explanatory and automatic, but to enable the autobashing hit the toggle or f12, to hit something, use F5 or the hotbar button, to target something go "t [whatever]"

In the combat module you will find Config.Left and Config.Right that will control what the system tries to keep in hand.

Basically, this isn't working for anything but bashing in a basic fashion, don't expect it to, but some people wanted to play with it, so here it is.
  • So I've been working on making the version of this I had redesigned a lot for Aetolia with the players' there feedback working with Imperian, here's how it looks now:

Thoughts?

(All the X's are where status effect icons go, I'm working on making it capture and appear them properly)

The avatar is fetched from the website even too, which is pretty neat IMO
    Developer of the Valkryja system - forum thread | code repository
  • Some people have been having problems installing this on the newest Mudlet.  I dont have any problem on a previous version, but I guess the wonders of them auto-updating now is I am forever chasing a moving target of compatability.  Ill look into this today.
  • May we use this for the gallery on mudlet.org?
  • If you'd like.

The status icons are working now:

• After some testing with a couple ingame, the autoinstall thing should now work properly, just follow the install instructions in the page and then the prompts in the client.
  • Other than screen resolution, which is obvious, what things would you like to be able to configure in such a system?
  • Havamal said:
    So I've been working on making the version of this I had redesigned a lot for Aetolia with the players' there feedback working with Imperian, here's how it looks now:

Thoughts?

(All the X's are where status effect icons go, I'm working on making it capture and appear them properly)

The avatar is fetched from the website even too, which is pretty neat IMO
    And here I was thinking I was sooooooo damn cool. THANKS FOR RUINING MY DREAM!!!
  • Havamal said:
    After some testing with a couple ingame, the autoinstall thing should now work properly, just follow the install instructions in the page and then the prompts in the client.
    Where can we download it?
    I tried taking it from here: http://gitea.postactiv.com/postActiv/Valkyrior  
    Is that the right place?
    Also, I got error messages that the gold and credit label couldn't be rendered. And the Stat icons were missing.
    Lastly, when I did a "sync" it sometimes ended up deleting the contents of the valyior_scripts.xml changing the size from 19kb to 1kb.

What changes need to be made to get the chat working?

• That sync thing in particular sounds like a mudlet bug and I'd report it to them.

The rest of it, if you give me the specific error messages I can look into it.
  • I created a Discord thingy for this, since people use Discord but ask me a lot of the questions ingame :P 

You can join it here: https://discord.gg/cshjSxJ
  • Also, after a comment that the icons for balances were a bit unclear, I went back over them.  I think they're much better now:

Left to right: Balance, Equilibrium, Elixer, Toadstool
    Still forthcoming: pipe and salve balances

Might also put tree/focus/purge on there
  • Once I have salve balance done tonight, I am going to start working on a little sub-system I'm calling Passion Play, that will (hopefully) expand a lot on the kind of thing @Gjarrus did with Performer.
  • Fair few improvements on the UI the past couple days, after feedback from various people:
    • Numpad now allows you to move between rooms
    • Basher now also continues bashing after getting free from writhe affs and stuns
    • Balance tracking now works much better now (it was looking for GMCP stuff that no longer seems to exist)
    • A lot of defences added to the database including icons and tooltips
    • Status icons display has been modernized in its backend and frontend both - notably, positive status effects have a green border now, negative ones, red
    • The backend now tracks Kai, Rage, and Devotion better (I need to devise a way to display them in the UI)
    • The map pane now includes a display of the amount of time remaining in an instance, and is better about updating its data now
    • A variety of back-end cleanup of old clunky code of mine that makes the system run a lot quicker now (not that it was slow before)
    Reminder that the code repository is here: http://gitea.postactiv.com/postActiv/Valkyrior/  and we have a discord here: https://discord.gg/cshjSxJ
  • Havamal said:
    • Balance tracking now works much better now (it was looking for GMCP stuff that no longer seems to exist)
    There have been no changes to the information contained in GMCP recently. Do you have CONFIG GMCPVitalsAdvanced on?
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • > recently

Worth mentioning that until recently I hadn't played for more than a year, but I'll look into that when I'm done bashing.
  • @Eoghan - am I being blind, or is elixir balance not in there?
  • Elixir balance is sent as "health".
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote