Skip to content

Current Sale

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Juran said:

After ten straight months of promotions that felt designed to force a buy-in. People are just fatigued.

This is the first one that seemed worth buying into in a long time to me to be honest. Probably the last one before this was the ancestral stones. Most of the times I have bought in the intervening months was to reward events I enjoyed, because one votes with her wallet.

[edit]: Idea that came up in conversation with someone else in game, @Jeremy - if you don't want the costumes directly purchaseable, why not put them in the paid wheel rotation?
  • edited October 2016
    Werewolf was giving @Ayden +2 damage per 50 damage slash from 5 to 50 bleed. That's a pretty hefty buff.

Abomination hook is kind of ridiculous. 3.8s balance cost with +1 balance, writhe times seem to fall anywhere between 2s to 3s (seen some fall at ~3.5s, but it was likely lag?), and it seems to block just about every form of movement except tumble.
    Edit - The stinkbomb thing is amazing.

The reskin writs look interesting.
  • Was a bit disappointed to see that the scepter requires equil/balance to use.

Thought I could use it on top of my normal bashing, not for it to be my bashing tool.
  • Double Post:

Was thinking about the scepters since they do seem to hit pretty strong.

What if the functioned with a 5-10 second cd? That can be used off balance/equilibrium? Since they're designed solely for PvE, why not let them be used in fluid with our regular abilities?
  • I can't speak for the admin here but I believe the concern would be creating an environment where someone who has gotten these scepters has a clear and present advantage in gold generation over those that do not, which would snowball in all manner of ways since PVE and bashing in particular is the primary method of buying credits in game.
  • What rank is your scepter, and how's the DPS? Interested as someone with a marginally acceptable bashing attack.
  • edited October 2016
    Gjarrus said:

What rank is your scepter, and how's the DPS? Interested as someone with a marginally acceptable bashing attack.

It's level 1, but a basic factor in considering the math formulas seems like a fully buffed scepter will do around 4-4.2k per 2.72 seconds. My bard does 4.6k in 2.66 seconds. I believe my druid form was doing 5.3k at 2.59 with imbue/feather up.

edit:
    **Those numbers are factoring inspiring crits only.**

So yes, these are generally good, but why would someone want to bash with a scepter as their main attack versus using them as a throw in attack to go with their basic bashing?

@Anette

I see the argument, but I also question why such items would be in the game at all if they aren't going to give "any" advantage of using them. So if the damage is too high, then it should at least be "changed" to be able to benefit the player. The argument of paid advantages is a murky one at best, considering credits can be bought with gold and thus gems can be purchased in such ways. It's just how much time you want to spend versus a person spending real money. Though, that's always the argument with these games. yes?

Edit:

That is why I put forth the suggestion to make them use their own balance, so we can use them with our regular skills. If a nerf to the damage is a viable route, I'd rather use the scepter alongside my skills than not use the scepter at all even if the damage offered by the scepter was much smaller than it's current form.
  • Tyden said:

@Anette

I see the argument, but I also question why such items would be in the game at all if they aren't going to give "any" advantage of using them. So if the damage is too high, then it should at least be "changed" to be able to benefit the player. The argument of paid advantages is a murky one at best, considering credits can be bought with gold and thus gems can be purchased in such ways. It's just how much time you want to spend versus a person spending real money. Though, that's always the argument with these games. yes?

I don't really have strong feelings on this one way or another that I can properly elaborate because my own opinions are fairly conflicted and I'd prefer to reserve judgement on an item I don't have myself and haven't had a chance to play around with, I just wanted to put forward that this is likely their concern with it.
  • I think the goal is for them to create attractive items that are seen as useful to the general population that will entice players to "grind" or "buy" into their game.

From what I've seen and discussed with other players, Scepters fall short of those goals.
  • There are additional things to consider beyond raw damage. For example, a high-enough leveled scepter unlocks the ability to perform room-wide attacks. Attuning to a particular kind of enemy increases the potency yet further, bringing its effectiveness further above your normal bashing attack.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:

There are additional things to consider beyond raw damage. For example, a high-enough leveled scepter unlocks the ability to perform room-wide attacks. Attuning to a particular kind of enemy increases the potency yet further, bringing its effectiveness further above your normal bashing attack.

I factored in the attuning in my math, but I still question why one would rather use the scepter versus their class skills? Should it not be more of a throw in to "heighten our skills"? Plus the fact it must be wielded, also is a drawback.
  • Eoghan said:

There are additional things to consider beyond raw damage. For example, a high-enough leveled scepter unlocks the ability to perform room-wide attacks. Attuning to a particular kind of enemy increases the potency yet further, bringing its effectiveness further above your normal bashing attack.

While this seems true, those are at quite high levels. At the current going rate of 50cr on the promo market per gem, the investment required to get that far seems high. For a max level scepter that means the investment is 1000cr. While I realize you cannot control the player market, that is nonetheless a part of the value proposition for someone like myself whom is considering getting the artifact.
  • @Tyden
    How did you factor in the stat scaling from level 9? Doesn't seem to say the exact formula in the help. Wouldn't mind having just the base damage/time too.
  • The draw to me personally is "Hey, this is a neat thing to maybe pick up pieces for as I play and stuff, upgrade here and there."

The problem with that becomes the fact that there's no guarantee of availability in the future of the components.

I would also be curious as to the formulae.

I'm also interested to know if I customize it (if even possible) if it retains the customization on an upgrade.
  • I believe when the promotion came out Risca or Eldreth figured out it was near 55dps(when fully upgraded) which is a very good upgrade to a lot of profession's hunting
  • in an area that was fully shrined or no shrines?
    fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • But why would a player want to use that versus their class that they have skills for?

I'd still motion for it to get a review dmg wise to have its own balance in PVE to bring it into more useful for all classes.
  • edited October 2016
    For others who were curious:

Anette's stats post-buffs
     Str: 16/13  Int: 11/10  Dex: 11/10  Con: 15/14
    Scepter level 1 scepter point thing
    You point a tanari scepter at a skeletal soldier and a bolt of raw Sukhder energy shoots forth at
    him.
    You have scored a staggering blow!
    Damage dealt: 190 Remaining: 46.37%
    A skeletal soldier is startled into wakefulness.
    Balance Taken: 3.20s
    scepter l1 attack = 59.375 dps

combo slash slash thing (aka DSL) w/lvl 1 broadsword (templar)

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You slash viciously into a skeletal soldier with a shining silver broadsword.
    Damage dealt: 81 Remaining: 81.33%
    You swing a shining silver broadsword at a skeletal soldier with a powerful strike.
    Damage dealt: 81 Remaining: 62.66%
    Balance Taken: 3.82s
    templar dsl w/lvl1 broad attack = 42.4083~ dps
  • KyraicKyraic USA
    edited October 2016
    The scepter hit you have recorded is a staggering blow, which is x2 damage.

The actual per-hit DPS of the scepter is not 190/3.20 =59.375.

It is 190/2 / 3.20 = 29.6875.
  • Didn't actually notice that, I'm pretty heavily medicated. Easy to halve it though.
  • edited October 2016
    Proper raw damage:

Bones clanking, a skeletal soldier hacks into you, and the dull blade magnifies the pain.
    Damage Taken: 37 cutting (raw damage: 73)
    You secure your previously wielded item and instantly draw a tanari scepter into your left hand.

Your bandages staunch a good portion of your bleeding.
    Your wounds cause you to bleed 2 health.
    Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You point a tanari scepter at a skeletal soldier and a bolt of raw Sukhder energy shoots forth at
    him.
    Damage dealt: 95 Remaining: 78.12%
    Balance Taken: 3.20s
    Checks out to the above.

Edit: L2 doesn't change damage at all, for the record. Except maybe attunement thingy.
  • With the return of the Wheel with this month's promo, is there any way that titletokens could be made into an item you could trade in for 1cr? Most of the other promotional items can be. :smiley:
  • Just going to bump this thread since I don't want to make another about any current promos, but are phylacteries for sale on the website going to be happening anytime in the near future? I've never been around for one of those before, so I am not sure how often they pop up.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • I seem to remember that happening not too long ago.  Maybe the other side of christmas?  They seem to try to stagger them.

I agree with @etienne, I wouldn't go any higher than a 1cr tradein but I'd like to see something since I've gotten all the titles I think I'd use.  And some I don't think I would, but got anyways, because I can't even give them away at this point.
  • We asked about this at a towne hall once. Jeremy explained a bit about them, and that they didn't have plans to make them a tradein.

Since they are such a common item with the wheel, I can see not wanting to give them a tradein value. I know I'd be sitting on at least 70-80 credits if I could trade them in, and I'm sure others would be in the same boat.

The nice thing is, I've been able to use the promo market a fair amount of the time to sell them at 1cr or at least for some gold. 
  • I held on to about 100 of them. Last wheel gave 2 out for a 25 credit spin. I ended up just using them for titles I will never use. I think a 1 credit trade in would be decent since  you got them from credit spins last time and we can tradein pretty much anything.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Yeah. Not going to do tradeins for them. But I think we have removed all ways to get them from the game, and I doubt we will put them back in any time soon. So over the next few months you may see a demand for them start to grow.

• What's the cooldown on the mithril top?
  • Jeremy said:
    Yeah. Not going to do tradeins for them. But I think we have removed all ways to get them from the game, and I doubt we will put them back in any time soon. So over the next few months you may see a demand for them start to grow.
    When was this done?  I got one from a free spin on the wheel not too long ago.
  • edited March 2017
    Gjarrus said:
    What's the cooldown on the mithril top?
    There is no cooldown on using the mithril top, but using it is a channeled action with the usual restrictions.
    ETA: Its channel is also pretty long.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote