Skip to content

Current Sale

It seems as though people are not really into the current sale so I'm looking for feedback.

Do you not like the tiered sale format?

Do you not like the costume content?

We removed the random element this month. Do you prefer the randomness?

Is it something else completely?

Comments

• edited October 2016
    For me I just couldn't afford more than one of the costumes with the bracket being 100cr per. I definitely liked being able to choose my own. I'd probably swing a second if they were 50cr. It's a tight time of year for me money-wise.

Are the costume tokens not tradeable though? I've been looking for them on promo market, not seen any. If they aren't and you made them tradeable, I think you'd see more sales of people looking to get a little side credit bonus to the 100cr.

The wheel being JUST the new consumables kind of put me off paid spins, though. Because I got what I wanted the first time so I had no reason to chase other ones and the other neat paid stuff like phylacteries aren't in there.

Just my 2 cents (canadian) though!

[edit] And naw, I really liked the costumes! Neat little things that give some extra mechanical advantages that aren't super unbalancing or anything, I like this a lot. I was kind of bummed I couldn't customise the barghest though.
  • EvaldirEvaldir United States
    I liked the idea of costumes. Liked more than one of them too, just didn't want to buy more than one as only one can be worn at a time. Also as @Anette said, if it were lower than 100 credit threshold I'd buy more. As far as the wheel goes, I was not a fan of the October wheel prizes at all. I bought spins at the beginning of October expecting it to be these October prizes + the other random stuff that has been on the wheel previously(so to expect (some) payout).

So yeah, I've stopped with wheel spins, have my one costume(maybe wanted one other but don't see it worth 100 credits.
  • Evaldir said:

I liked the idea of costumes. Liked more than one of them too, just didn't want to buy more than one as only one can be worn at a time. Also as @Anette said, if it were lower than 100 credit threshold I'd buy more. As far as the wheel goes, I was not a fan of the October wheel prizes at all. I bought spins at the beginning of October expecting it to be these October prizes + the other random stuff that has been on the wheel previously(so to expect (some) payout).

Going 50-100-200-300-etc with the tiers would be reasonable, I think. Lets most people get in without there being a billion costumes out there for larger credit purchases.

Making the spins the new consumables PLUS the typical paid list would probably lead to people buying more paid spins IMO, as well.
  • I will probably change up the WoF again soon.

• edited October 2016
    I just want to be clear that I do actually like the new consumables, I just don't have much reason to chase them and they're all I can get if the first time off I got exactly what I wanted, which while fortiutous for me doesn't give you guys more money, heh.
  • Love the costumes.

Issue is the consumables being limited uses. Not a big fan of items like that. I like to keep things or feel like my investment would be well spent not fleeting in a way.
  • I've been waiting to drop IG credits and gold on a costume voucher, but I have only seen one person wearing one and none for sale. Considering the baseline is at least an effective 20% sale with the potential for more until/unless the market gets saturated, I can't see why it's less attractive than other sales.

As for the WoF, the craziness of some of the Halloween items (cough straw cough) doesn't offset the drop to 1 item per 20c, in my view. I did two spins the first day and had no intention of trying again after that. If I really want any, it's going to be cheaper to wait for the Sumies of the realm to drop their unwanted stash after going for the 500c spin.
  • edited October 2016
    I've seen plenty of people looking for the costume vouchers on the market channel, but no one selling. I'm not sure if they're tradeable. Didn't think to check mine before redeeming it. There's definitely a market there that could be, there, if they aren't.
  • They are tradeable. However, no one is really buying them. Which is fine. I may change up the type of sale if people just do not like the tiered sale approach.

• edited October 2016
    Jeremy said:

They are tradeable. However, no one is really buying them. Which is fine. I may change up the type of sale if people just do not like the tiered sale approach.

It's just a little too expensive for my blood to buy multiples when they're ostensibly 40 bucks of credits each, though I can't really speak to anyone but myself.

(especially USD with the current exchange :c )
  • ^ Pretty much this (the last part)

I'd have bought two or three now, but 40USD is ~60 bucks for me.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I can't afford much, and 40 bucks is pretty steep for me too.
  • edited October 2016
    feels like buying promotions rewards thinking up new schemes instead of fixing existing game design flaws
    fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • @jeremy Any chance that perhaps for the duration of the month we could also buy the costume tokens from a vendor or something with existing credits?
  • In my professional opinion the idea of promotions is to generate income from credit purchases, so I feel like offering these in-game instead would be counter-productive.
  • It seems they're not achieving that though. I'm honestly considering getting a couple but I just don't think the costumes are really the kind of thing that go with a tiered credit sale. They feel more flavourful and collectible than something a lot of people would be willing to buy credits to get. Whereas offering them in-game in some capacity might get some of us to use the build-up of credits we already have - thus meaning we'd end up buying more credits in a future sale!
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • edited October 2016
    I would like to see them changed a bit.

1) Give them ambient room-wide messages. For example with vampire costume during day "Sumie's flesh sizzles in the sun."

These next two ideas are kind of against each other, but might want to impliment both.

2) Let you have the ability to hide the costume. I really don't want to have to walk around always wearing an Abomination costume. I still have the christmas sweater on for the 3% def and it annoys me.

3)Have the costume completely change your description when wearing it. This can be done in two ways A) it has a prewritten description based on your sex for each costume or B) Allow you to make your own abomination description.

edit Some special emotes while wearing the costumes would be interesting too.
  • You can technically just check your worn items and change your desc based on the costume, but having costumes enforce a desc would be pretty interesting and immersive, especially if it's a field in the customization options (and applied to regular tailoring costumes).

For the people who just want the bonus but don't want to mess up their outfit, option 2 will help immensely. A cheap ~20c/1 token artifact power that hides the item when worn (as opposed to the 200c orb that hides all worn artis) could accomplish this.

I'd probably lean more towards special emotes over ambient messages. I'm not opposed to ambients, but it might discourage people unless they really like the ambients or the hide option also stops those.

Also, it would be nice to have the aesthetics of these aesthetic pieces shown in the promo announcements. The text of the reaper cleave, for example, could greatly help with deciding whether or not to purchase one.

In general though, ^^^^^^ yes plx
  • Well its more that the sweater was unable to be hidden
  • Having it override my character's description would pretty much have me immediately want to trade the thing in. No thanks.
  • Isn't there an artifact that allows you to toggle worn artifacts? Orb of suppression level two? Wouldn't that make the costume not show?
  • Wouldn't hiding stuff like that kinda uh... Detract from their purposes? You don't dress up as a vampire for halloween and say, "You actually can't see this costume, I'm really a dragon."

Artifacts, sure. People get a ton of those, so it'd make sense to want to remove all that from your description. But like... Dressing up in a costume? You can just remove it when it's not in use.
  • Ultrix said:

Isn't there an artifact that allows you to toggle worn artifacts? Orb of suppression level two? Wouldn't that make the costume not show?

Yeppers, and the costume shows up as an artifact in ARTIFACT LIST OWNED (albeit a 0-value one) so I assume either version of the orb would affect it. Don't have one to verify, though.
  • this is why promotional items should be purely cosmetic and not give mechanical advantages.
    fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • I don't see this toggle hide artifact anywhere. Name and number?
  • edited October 2016
    It's called an Orb of Suppression. 200 credits. Dunno the number; am not logged in, but it's in HELP ARTIFACTS MISC iirc.
  • Oh, it can toggle. Looking silly is what I get for reading from ARTIFACT LIST and not the help file.
  • The orb of suppression does not allow for toggling of individual artifacts, but the level two form of its power does.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Jeremy said:

Here's my problem: This promotion is absolutely goddamn crazy.

The costumes are a terrible terrible idea. They have some crazy powerful effects that will be combat relevant forever, which is putting a huge amount of power into one-time content. Reaper adding +30 seconds to death timer? Getting to ignore bombs? Abomination hook to prevent movement? All these things are very strong. They're so strong you'd never release them as standard artifacts, which means they certainly shouldn't be limited time content.

These things are so good that it feels like the promotion is designed to force a buy-in, and that feels really money-grubby and distasteful.
  • Kyraic said:

Jeremy said:

These things are so good that it feels like the promotion is designed to force a buy-in, and that feels really money-grubby and distasteful.
    After ten straight months of promotions that felt designed to force a buy-in. People are just fatigued.