Skip to content

PvP Logs

Post all PVP logs here.

To start, here is a log of Septus and Shou against Kabaal and Iluv.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/d3be1b77

Comments

• DruuDruu The Garden
    "One batch, two batch. Penny and dime."
  • Even the gods suffer from training room problems.
  • Let the record show he started it.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I'd say you'd win the issue, but this one might be a case of who types faster.
  • It's like herding children here. Life's hard...
  • edited August 2016
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/416a1b76

Kabaal (Assassin) vs Iluv(Druid)

Since Khizan asked why anyone would ever go affliction druid.

I was lagging a lot so my queues sometimes didn't change according to cures and also I gagged out the queue'ing spam for this log.

Round 4

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/428d125e

After Kabaal killing me twice because I couldn't get past by shrug iodine, I changed up my strategy a bit.
  • AydenAyden North Carolia
    One of the most fun even-numbered team battles I've had at the shardfalls so far even though my affliction tracking was terrible. Learned a lot in this fight as far as tracking goes though! Its about a week old since I'm just now getting around to editing out the god awful alias spamming I was doing.

Chani and Luciia vs. Kabaal and Ayden
    http://pastebin.com/ZZDG81Kt
  • The other team isn't even hitting the same target, and no one in their right mind would want to be split target for this fight (this happens to a lot of people from time to time, but nonetheless you cringe when you see you did it). Their priest spends the entire fight trying to hit a parried left leg when she probably wouldn't have been targeting anything at all if she'd noticed. In short, they sort of fell apart on some key basics you absolutely must get right before anything else. I've had fights like this, and well, the good thing is that these are easier fixes than a lot of things.

I wonder what this is though, huh:

You are burned by the flames whirling around Chani.
    Damage Taken: 22 fire (raw damage: 27)
  • AydenAyden North Carolia
    edited September 2016
    Kiskan said:

The other team isn't even hitting the same target, and no one in their right mind would want to be split target for this fight (this happens to a lot of people from time to time, but nonetheless you cringe when you see you did it).

I just assumed it was bad target calling or they really thought I'd be melted that quickly. Which I probably would have if I hadn't had some help from some wonderful circle-mates :smiley:
    Kiskan said:

not sure but it seems to be an Anti-magick thing. Atleast, I've only seen them with it so far. Could be an artifact too -shrug-

And again. I'm a newb. I get there were mess-ups on both sides(mostly me on my side), but that's part of the fun! I fixed quite a few things by looking over this fight that I wouldn't have otherwise found testing on myself or testing 1 on 1 with my favorite punching bag(you know who you are ;D)
  • edited September 2016
    I mean, it's actually a perfect log for a would-be new player. It shows a couple of classic mistakes (not hitting the same target, repeatedly hitting into parry) that are going to lose you the fight before it even starts, and that are sometimes hard to avoid even once you are well aware of them. Unless I auto-target, I am a slow target switcher to this day :(
  • Kiskan said:

Worm Engulf.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/C24LulTz

I have no idea what Diabolist does these days.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Aysari tells you, "Twice I died just cause of damage spam, due to no resists... When he went afflictions I just barely won, but I had no clue what the prof actually does. I just know I had like 9 or 10 affs at one point."
    You tell Aysari, "I don't know either."
    You tell Aysari, ":<."
    Aysari tells you, "I thought u were combat master."
    You tell Aysari, "Pls."
    You tell Aysari, "I'm a combat mutt."
    You tell Aysari, "Eldreth points me at someone and says, 'SIC 'EM BOI'"
    You tell Aysari, "Rofl."
    Aysari tells you, "Eldreth point at no one now :(."
    You tell Aysari, ":(."

:( jerk Aysari
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'm getting a better handle on Diabolist now. The affliction/damage route is actually pretty solid compared to the pure damage route I have.

I've even come along quite a bit from this log. The amount of effort I've made to make this class work is a bit crazy, but I love it.
  • Mathiaus said:

I'm getting a better handle on Diabolist now.

Go away. You hurt enough as is.

:(
  • edited October 2016
    Aysari and @Mathiaus vs @Septus and @Pellerin : Battle of the Monoliths! Was a fun first 'real' fight back! :)
    TIL I learned a few things:
    1. Septus hurts,
    2. Confound doesn't expire on death,
    3. Septus is tanky,
    4. Disloyalty is fun versus Outriders,
    5. Septus pls.
  • you should also check to see if you are fighting shrine that sets your resists to 0. this is advantageous for AM as they have a lot of upfront damage. shrine conflict is not very well designed so taking them out would be a slog but they don't have every monolith room shrined.
    fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • edited October 2016
    Zorantiz said:

you should also check to see if you are fighting shrine that sets your resists to 0.

Mine are already set to 0. I only have tri-trans, plus lessons into survival/tattoos for convenience. No evasion either, so literally only have boneimages/armour to mitigate. I feel like I do okay as is, but people definitely hurt so I have to pay more attention than usual.
  • edited October 2016
    i'm not sure paying attention can help much. if you try to run, you have to go against piety + block. even if you do get away, you can get shackled for 5 minutes.
  • The solution is to kill them till they DIE
  • belch + vivisect ;)
  • edited October 2016
    Zorantiz said:

i'm not sure paying attention can help much. if you try to run, you have to go against piety + block. even if you do get away, you can get shackled for 5 minutes.

Nope, but I can change my afflictions from locks to lethargy/clumsy/confusion/weariness to help drastically mitigate the damage until I stabilise. I don't think Septus would waste chains on a little newb Shaman either, I can just ride home if shit hits the fan otherwise, then Stag back to whoever I'm with :D

eta: Rather, I can do them -earlier- as opposed to when they're basically already locked (and use those affs to layer on top of others to blanket purge blood)
  • Imperian's pkers are a wily lot and more slippery than a wet fish.
  • Moar logs. New system!
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/yUijqLAR Fun fight with @Dreacor... I won one out of like 4, after fixing some things D:

Outrider's tough, I got some work to do!
  • This part at the end: "Dreacor smiles as he rams his fist into his jaw." Why would I do that? Perhaps the key to the success is to punch your own face.
  • stop hitting yourself
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • edited November 2017
    because I was bored and going through old logs, and we need more up here, one of my favorite team ffas:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/57Gq6ycA

I got a quick enlighten at the beginning then had to tank up to avoid being mana-insta'd: then I switched up to sticking aeon in a group for easy relapsing damage.

(you'll have to excuse the alias spam >.<)
  • Hey, I'm in that one!
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Hey, I'm in that one!
    thats why its one of my favorite! a ragtag team versus one you think would be in sync xD and we won!
  • edited November 2017

At first I thought it was the one that same day where @Sarrius was on our team but ended up targetting/killing teammates and then died horribly alone.   :p