Skip to content

Splintered Souls

2»

Comments

• Khizan said:
    Everybody I know has somebody AFK with their soul right now.

This event is fundamentally broken because of this. 
    Even the person who recently splintered a soul onto me is AFK and I sent a tell to that person immediately after receiving the splinter.
  • I think the malus for - souls should be a true disfavor for three days :V
  • Jannette would like you to know: If you're messaging me about your soul fragment. 
    Forget about it. I'm not interested in this stupid event. I'm not coming to release it. You can wait f
    or it to go to someone else and bother them instead.

So can we please murder people like this?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I get the impression that half the game, hell, even half the people in our own ring, are doing the same thing.  They just don't have a message thing that actually says it... In a way, I'd rather that than nothing.  I mean, what they should do is just log out until the event is over.  But eh... 
  • Once this is all over, I hope admin post exactly what they were going for here.  I sort of get it, and I think I like it partly, but I honestly do not totally get it.  No, I am not being sarcastic.  The part I do get is that I think they want us to interact with people we wouldn't normally, on a micro scale.  I am pretty sure that was part of the intent, and I do like that.  
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Oh man, witch hunting and the grand ol' 'you shouldn't be playing if you aren't playing how I want you to' on back to back posts. What a great game everybody, we have the best games, our events are huge, and the players, oh let me tell you about the players...
  • edited July 2016
    People are mad because if people are around but refuse to take part in the event, it has a big impact on the person who is trying to play (it basically stalls them out for a long period).  

EDIT:  that's actually a partial fix.  If people haven't picked a side, they probably shouldn't get splinters.  The rest of us, frankly, should have to play if we are around, of course, and there should probably be some kind of consequences if someone has opted into the event but is unresponsive - even if their response is "no, I don't trust you".  Maybe let people opt out of the event, with the understanding that we can't opt back in.  
  • edited July 2016
    Some mitigations exist to, over time, favor people who are active.

I'm working on modifications to the divest mechanic as we speak. Hopefully they'll remove some of the issues we're seeing.

EDIT: Still working on it, had some things crop up at home, and the scope is slightly larger than I originally thought.

Final testing now.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited July 2016
    Great changes but the timers are unnecessary. I'm still stuck against AFK people and no one needs more than 5 minutes to decide.

edit: the timer for divest might be bugged. Also, Alvetta is getting a message that I am negotiation with another but I only have a soul that is splintered with her.
  • My splinter changed to Elrith after Alvetta logged out. Now Elrith is getting a message that I am negotiating with someone else and we cannot continue.
  • Made some changes that should resolve the underlying issues there.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Can we get some sort of prompt when the target initiates the negotiation first? Someone just had my splintered soul, did an action before I could TELL them and ask (they'd dealt with me before so were just assuming it'd go the same way as always), and so the soul disappeared because I didn't enter in an option -- even though there was no prompt to.
  • Zerin said:

Can we get some sort of prompt when the target initiates the negotiation first? Someone just had my splintered soul, did an action before I could TELL them and ask (they'd dealt with me before so were just assuming it'd go the same way as always), and so the soul disappeared because I didn't enter in an option -- even though there was no prompt to.

Nope! Just as with normal negotiation, you will not be told if the target has begun negotiation. The safest bet it to assume they will, rather than that they won't.
  • I like it. So far no one has been a jerk about releasing souls.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Nobody cares about the souls. Right now it's just not worth being a jerk about it to a citizen because I have zero investment in any of the factions.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• How long is this supposed to last?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Until @Jeremy says so :V
  • The soul collecting is over, each day we will released the story of what happens to the factions - ending with the "winning" faction.