Skip to content

Next Storyline Event Update

Yes, we are working on the next big thing. It has been somewhat delayed. We were pushing to get it done and run before the end of June, but it got a little bigger then first anticipated. We are looking to run it mid July.

The main delay is that we have been working on a good game mechanic and really, really solid mob stories/background/lore.

Anyways, it should be a good amount of fun. Looking forward to running the story!

Comments

• Looking forward to it.
  • So is there any word on any of this happening?

The game has been dead lately, which has been frustrating lately. The AM versus Demonic+Magick matchups lately have been really solid, but there's nothing to make people get out there and fight.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• We will be starting next week.

• Khizan said:
    So is there any word on any of this happening?

The game has been dead lately, which has been frustrating lately. The AM versus Demonic+Magick matchups lately have been really solid, but there's nothing to make people get out there and fight.
    I am sure the event will be good and hopefully get us a bunch of good fights, but I feel more like we're having a little bit of an impasse now.  Demogick has some serious synergy (not exactly shocking when actual good players are integrating abilities from two circles), and we went "holy crap".  So we've resorted to Team Monk, and they went "holy crap". 

We also have an ongoing problem with sort of extreme mismatches in skill/leadership/arties when you look at who is online, but I think the current quietness boils down to an impasse over cheese.  That or everyone is playing Pokemon Go.  
  • DruuDruu The Garden
    This next event is going to be awesome. All of us have worked really hard on it. Like a well-oiled machine!

Also, I feel like I'm entirely too old for Pokemon Go, since I can't seem to get excited about it, unlike all of my friends.

So just hang on. Fun is coming! Like winter!
    "One batch, two batch. Penny and dime."
  • Do you want to make a snowman?
  • I think you are overvaluing the synergy Demogick has. They share a lot of the same skillsets and the strategies being employed are just as effective if they were done with only professions from their respective circle. AM + another circle would be worse as allied rites on non-AM'ers do not give an affinity malus.
  • Could be, but attitude wise I think there has definitely been some "nope nope nope" on both sides at the moment when certain teams roll out on either side.  I just think the recent lull is more that sort of thing than "oh no, admin didn't give us an event for a bit".

That's totally separate from needing the events in general (we do need them), though.  
  • We are open to general event ideas as well. In particular small encounters that encourage people to RP and/or PK each other. Small being that they require less coding work then a larger event. I would email them to me instead of posting them here though. Something like - Look that rock is there, lets discuss it and do something (or fight). Although that is a lame example.

• I wouldn't put it past @Septus and @Khizan to fight over tiny rocks, as long as it gets to be something they can have, that no one else gets to have :P
  • Those are OUR ROCKS, Senali, keep your filthy Ithaquan hands off of them.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• See. :P