Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Apple Bags - the one on promo market has captivated my interest since like I started playing.
    I take it that the crystal apples for them are long-gone though?
  • Anyone having trouble connecting? I can't log in.
  • edited May 2016
    Testing the bleed gauge artifact. This isn't working as intended, right?

Your bandages staunch a good portion of your bleeding.
    Your wounds cause you to bleed 17 health.  < ------ This will be number for next reading, is my understanding
    H:541 M:669 B:32 <-- db> 
    You are again able to clot your wounds properly.
    +++++ EQUI BACK +++++ EQUI BACK +++++ EQUI BACK +++++ EQUI BACK
    H:541 M:659 B:27 <e- db> 
    +++++ BALANCE BACK +++++ BALANCE BACK +++++ BALANCE BACK +++++
    H:541 M:659 B:27 <eb db> 
    You may drink another healing elixir.
    H:541 M:659 B:27 <eb db> 
    You take a drink of an elixir of health from a yeti bone vial.
    Health Gain: 65
    H:606 M:659 B:27 <eb db> You lacerate your skin calmly with the sharp edge of a leather-wrapped obsidian longsword named Ruin, amplifying your 
    bleeding wounds.
    Damage Taken: 35 cutting, physical (raw damage: 89)
    The teeth along the weapon edge cut into your flesh.
    As the weapon strikes yourself, it burns your flesh painfully.
    Damage Taken: 55 fire, mental (raw damage: 71)
    You lacerate your skin calmly with the sharp edge of a leather-wrapped obsidian longsword named Ruin, amplifying your 
    bleeding wounds.
    Damage Taken: 40 cutting, physical (raw damage: 103)
    Balance Taken: 3.09s
    You see that Eldreth is bleeding 17 health.  < ------ Read correctly
    Equilibrium Taken: 1.90s
    H:475 M:659 B:53 <-- db> 
    H:475 M:650 B:46 <e- db> 
    You may eat another toadstool.
    H:475 M:650 B:46 <e- db> 
    You take 1 toadstool, bringing the total to 6605.
    You quickly eat a toadstool.
    Health Gain: 60
    You feel your health and mana replenished.
    H:536 M:669 B:46 <e- db> 
    H:536 M:669 B:46 <eb db> 
    Your wounds cause you to bleed 24 health. <----- Next reading should be 24
    H:512 M:669 B:44 <eb db> 
    H:512 M:659 B:38 <eb db> 
    H:512 M:638 B:33 <eb db> 
    You lacerate your skin calmly with the sharp edge of a leather-wrapped obsidian longsword named Ruin, amplifying your 
    bleeding wounds.
    Damage Taken: 37 cutting, physical (raw damage: 95)
    Damage Taken: 63 fire, mental (raw damage: 81)
    bleeding wounds.
    Damage Taken: 42 cutting, physical (raw damage: 109)
    You see that Eldreth is bleeding 17 health.  <----- Hmm....
    H:369 M:638 B:60 <-- db> 
    H:369 M:638 B:60 <-- db> 
    Health Gain: 144
    H:513 M:638 B:60 <-- db> 
    H:513 M:630 B:54 <e- db> 
    Health Gain: 72
    H:586 M:669 B:54 <e- db> 
    H:586 M:669 B:54 <eb db> You lacerate your skin calmly with the sharp edge of a leather-wrapped obsidian longsword named Ruin, amplifying your 
    bleeding wounds.
    Damage Taken: 43 cutting, physical (raw damage: 110)
    Damage Taken: 91 fire, mental (raw damage: 117)
    bleeding wounds.
    Damage Taken: 49 cutting, physical (raw damage: 125)
    You see that Eldreth is bleeding 17 health.
    H:403 M:669 B:84 <-- db> 
    H:403 M:659 B:78 <-- db> 
    H:403 M:638 B:73 <-- db> 
    You may eat another toadstool.
    H:403 M:638 B:73 <-- db> 
    Your wounds cause you to bleed 37 health.  < ----- Next reading should be 37 
    H:366 M:638 B:71 <-- db> 
    You take 1 toadstool, bringing the total to 6604.
    You quickly eat a toadstool.
    Health Gain: 60
    You feel your health and mana replenished.
    H:427 M:669 B:71 <-- db> 
    H:427 M:669 B:71 <-- db> 
    Health Gain: 132
    H:559 M:669 B:71 <-- db> 
    H:559 M:669 B:71 <e- db> 
    H:559 M:660 B:64 <eb db> You lacerate your skin calmly with the sharp edge of a leather-wrapped obsidian longsword named Ruin, amplifying your 
    bleeding wounds.
    Damage Taken: 46 cutting, physical (raw damage: 118)
    Damage Taken: 105 fire, mental (raw damage: 134)
    bleeding wounds.
    Damage Taken: 52 cutting, physical (raw damage: 134)
    You see that Eldreth is bleeding 17 health.  <------- Errr....

This goes on for a while, with the gauge reading never changing but the bleed level itself skyrocketing.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Ha. Fixed.
  • Is there any profession in AM that can give masochism?  Or a general ability or... anything that I am not thinking of?  I don't see anything/can't find anything so far, but that definitely doesn't mean there isn't something.  I wish I could just look stuff like this up instead of asking, but I am asking!  
  • AB FAYTH CHASTEN
  • I was digging through priest late last night and I missed this.  Thank you!  
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    ...I'm not a hundred percent sure where this should go, but uhm

Today's weather in Ithaqua:
  • It's all those Antiochans (okay, pretty much two) you let in.  
  • How do you modify artifact weapons? For example I would like to make one sharp and serrated.
  • A trans smith can resmith an artifact weapon to have the weapon properties. You can get any transcendent smith to do it, it doesn't have to be done by the artifact owner. 

AB RESMITH is the skill used.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• GraelunGraelun Ohio
    edited June 2016

I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but I'm currently unable to pass any commands. I've turned off all triggers. Pressing enter without any input DOES return a new prompt line, and I can see ambient messages and other lines coming from the server. I restarted Mudlet and reconnected, and it seems like for the first 3-4 seconds of being logged in, everything is working fine, but then I get "stuck" like this. I tried to issue myself but I'm not even sure that was sent through.

Edit: Wow. I really took this topic literally. I had a concussion. :(

• You should go get that checked :V
  • edited June 2016
    Something is wrong with the timing on the shard fall e-mails, and I am not sure if it is on my end or yours.  Either way, they used to be reliably spot on.  Get e-mail, log in... hopefully someone saw the location.  Now... something is wrong.  I am still torn on whether I'd ever want to ask that locations be included, but of course if they were, I'd just go check that location... Right now, even when I get the e-mail while logged in... no shard fall that syncs reasonably with the e-mail.   
  • edited June 2016
    As of today, my forboding is looking like this at times, which I don't think has ever happened:

H:637/637 M:421/480 B:0 <eb pp> <db> K:0 D:100 XP:26.55 [637/637h/1EQ/1BAL][0DAMAGE]
    Your foreboding stone glows, warning you that Elrith is nearby.
    Your foreboding stone glows, warning you that Tashi is nearby.
    Your foreboding stone glows, warning you that Dreacor is nearby.
    H:637/637 M:421/480 B:0 <eb pp> <db> K:0 D:100 XP:26.55 [637/637h/1EQ/1BAL]

Normally, forboding will put a single movement by a group of people between prompts, so you get:

H:637/637 M:421/480 B:0 <eb pp> <db> K:0 D:100 XP:26.55 [637/637h/1EQ/1BAL][0DAMAGE]
    H:637/637 M:421/480 B:0 <eb pp> <db> K:0 D:100 XP:26.55 [637/637h/1EQ/1BAL]

And of course the problem is that now, because I rely on the prompt to tell me when to chop off a group, my announcements (thank God I only make them at most once every 30 seconds) looked like this:

(Ring): You say, "Bad Guys Elrith, Tashi, Dreacor, Elrith, Tashi, Dreacor, Elrith, Tashi, Dreacor, Elrith, Tashi, Dreacor entered the Reate Forest."

>.>

• They're separator moving. n|ne|e, that kind of thing. It makes all the moves come in one big block.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Aha!  It is all Elrith's fault.  What a separator griefer >.>

(Ring): You say, "Bad Guys Elrith, Elrith, Elrith, Elrith, Elrith entered the Shaahri desert."

(okay but seriously I will have to fix this eventually but it's not high priority for now)

• It's the hateful five.

• If only each of those Elriths actually represented a body then we would have equal numbers against the AM Zerg (Mass Ultralisks).
  • Let's not veer too far off-topic here, please.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    edited June 2016
    I get that the claymore is a beast of a weapon, and that it's use has been nerfed/diminished/fallen down a rabbit hole in the last few years. But rolling around as a berserker these days i can't help but think that maybe it'd be a class best suited to making the claymore its BFW (best fudging weapon) like the wardens and the glaive.
    Frankly i'd just like to see it come back. It's a fun weapon, and makes the arc skill thematically delicious. 

Edit: to get past my rambling: why can't the claymore be in the cool kid weapon pile anymore? and why can't i hit all the mobs in a room with arc? i mean the obvious is that it'd let me hit EVERYTHING in the room, but that'd just make it situational in a different way in my opinion. Situation being: do i wish to die a horrible death or can i kill everything in here before everything in here kills me?
  • edited June 2016
    Dimitri, the problem is probably that Berserker is a very bleedy class, and longswords got the "increased bleeding damage" when weapons got overhauled (I think sort of alongside knights - or, maybe they already had that and it was just the enhancements for knights, hrm).  I agree that claymore is thematically fun, and would suit Berserker perfectly (because obviously, a Berserker would grab the biggest sword he could).  But you are Captain America (which is also pretty neat).  Sorry though :(  
  • No, that has nothing to do with it. The main reason is probably just that Berserkers are a sword and board class because Wardancers were, and Berserkers are the Wardancer replacement. 

That aside, the essence of the claymore is "big slow hits" and that's just an inherently difficult area to balance. If the hits are slow, you have to make them huge, and that ends up being a ridiculous amount of frontloaded burst. If the hits are fast, you have to make them weaker, and at that point why don't you just use a different weapon? And then if most of the abilities are slower, nobody will play the class because it's too slow. Berserker's main PvP combo is 3.35 seconds and the main complaint people have about it is that it is too slow.

• Yeah, I just saw his question had been ignored (not now!), so I made a (apparently very, very, very bad) guess and figured it would get corrected if horribly wrong.  I am good like that.  There you go, Dimitri.  
  • edited June 2016
    What makes this math so weird? Not sure why two entries of 5% each would come out to such different numbers.

Your health regeneration:
    Boar Tattoo                       5%        24
    Noctu Warmth                      5%        30
    TOTAL:                           10%        49
    Your mana regeneration:
    Regen level 1                     2%        12
     - Level 1 Regen Artifact
    Noctu Warmth                      5%        30
    TOTAL:                                      42
    Regeneration ticks occur roughly every 10 seconds.
  • edited June 2016
    Uh, no idea, but my immediate guess is a rounding error somehow, because that's always my guess when Imperian health gives me weird results.

• I can't imagine any case where you could manage to round up so far though. The total is showing 49, so you'd expect warmth to be doing 25. So confused...
  • Fixed.
  • Is there any place where you can post color logs?

ada youngspot has a text limit which fills up very quickly when using color.
  • What is this line?

^(\w+) looks healthier and cleansed\.$