Skip to content

Predator and starting fresh.

Since this game is equal parts combat and RP, I'm thinking of creating a less pacifistic character (Keiko is too gentle for wartime), so I was wondering something about the Predator Class.  Is crafting weapons and armor from the bodies of your slain foes a thing with that class?  What makes Predator better than other melee classes?  Is there a class better suited for a pure swordsman?

Comments

• What makes Predator better than other melee classes?

The answer is nothing. Predator is decent bashing and horrible PK. The best professions for both hunting and PK as AM is either Templar or Outrider. Berserker is decent, Ranger (that's what I am) is really fun and decent, priest is good but boring sometimes, Monk is fun but difficult 1 v 1. I would recommend templar for pure swordsman. But AVOID predator.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • For the character I have in mind, Templar would probably suit him better, anyway.  Thank you for your swift reply.
  • Predator is very good at bashing, but it's more or less a glass cannon. Although we have bladesurge(which heals you when it activates) and refresh(which is a good self heal with a moderate cooldown), we're still pretty squishy. That being said, we have the fastest bashing speed in the game(pretty sure) at 2 seconds flat in athletic, and with 3 hits per combo, your crit rate is very good. So while you can certainly hunt harder hitting creatures, lots of times you'll want to hit and run.

As far as PK goes, well. It's just very underpowered in the current meta. One on One is still ok against certain classes, but like everything else its going to depend on the skill level and artifact investment of the participants. 

On a side note, we're working on alot of RP right now, if thats your thing. Mostly of the PvE variety, which we feel like will give more people a chance to get involved.
  • Veratyr said:
    One on One is still ok against certain classes, but like everything else its going to depend on the skill level and artifact investment of the participants. 
    Wrong. It's okay against untanky people who do not have a clue about stopping predator, and it is bad against everybody else.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."