Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Add the filter:

PATH SEARCH <keyword> IN <area>

e.g. PATH SEARCH TOWER IN ERORAG
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • So with the release of warzone and overrun events I had an idea, why not have a event similar, but transport the players to huge areas that are specific for the event and release mobs like in warzone, have the players be on teams, probably circle based if the game is being hosted entities and spawn in lots of mobs that get stronger, only a catch, after so many mobs are slain, spawn in a boss mob that correlates to the type, ex: horde, spawn in a special horde boss mob etc etc. I realize this would take awhile to implement because the coding required but it seems like it might work. And probably make it No PK to ensure it doesn't just become a pubstomp, infact make a different unaccesable area for each circle so they can't be targetted by enemies.
    Never give up, never surrender, and if you have to die, take some of them with you.
  • When refilling vialbelts a generic message is thrown out

You pay 30 gold to add 150 sips to your vialbelt.

Can this be made more descriptive 

You pay 30 gold to add 150 sips OF <ELIXIR/ SALVE> to your vialbelt
  • This has probably been requested before, but a separate honours from qhonours called bhonours, for bosses. It would just break up the list so that qhonours shows actual quests/misc achievements, and bhonours shows all those hundreds of boss kills.

• Can those bent copper coins just like, give people a bunch of skins/sacs directly?

This thing where my city is filled with freaking snakes/spiders/meadowhawks/centipedes is stuipidly frustrating and I am at the point where I am prepared to outcitizen/enemy people just because of those stupid spammy animals. It's infuriating. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Everybody stop pooping on Khizan's sand lawn.  Or.  You could make ART.    

• TashiTashi Columbus, Ohio
    Khizan said:

Can those bent copper coins just like, give people a bunch of skins/sacs directly?

This thing where my city is filled with freaking snakes/spiders/meadowhawks/centipedes is stuipidly frustrating and I am at the point where I am prepared to outcitizen/enemy people just because of those stupid spammy animals. It's infuriating. 

I am sorry! :( 

I was trying to clear out the horde that Theo had built up before they disallowed the coin mobs in the Horror Hunts and I lagged out with the door open. Cleaned up a good 1500 of them but clearly I missed a few here and there. Just be glad you were not on when it happened.
  • This promotion is not currently running. You cannot purchase spins at this time.

Why can't this be running at all times? =(

• Spin to win, @Risca. Spin to win.

spins the wheel.

The wheel stops and grants you INCREASED CRITICAL HITS!

Lartus throws the computer out the window. 

• Risca said:
    This promotion is not currently running. You cannot purchase spins at this time.

Why can't this be running at all times? =(
    Because IRE would eventually be morally obligated to open a homeless shelter for indigent players :3
  • It can't be running at all times because Imperian needs to make money and the Wheel is too effective at spinning gold out of straw.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Overall you think?  Hrm.  I don't actually know.  I mean, it has turned a few people who, I think would NEVER have been able to be big artie whores, into big artie whores.  Which is kind of nice.  But overall, wheel definitely struck me as more of a true gambling promo, with a "house is gonna win" thing.  I think most people just poured money into it, and a few people were incredibly lucky (and now we have them and their delicious artie stacks of murder).  
  • Ultrix wants to hit me with a cast iron pan and thinks that they should get to also be a weapon with club stats.

• For Replica Colours add the option to move the line to a new line.

So instead of this:
    A sharp turn within the pyramid.
    An obsidian shrine to the Sect of the Wild Hunt has been built here. UNDEAD:A furious banshee bobs 
    above the ground here, her hands clawing at her face in pure anger. UNDEAD:A furious banshee bobs 
    above the ground here, her hands clawing at her face in pure anger. 

It will look like this:
    A sharp turn within the pyramid.
    An obsidian shrine to the Sect of the Wild Hunt has been built here. 
    UNDEAD:A furious banshee bobs above the ground here, her hands clawing at her face in pure anger. 
    UNDEAD:A furious banshee bobs above the ground here, her hands clawing at her face in pure anger. 

Also, any mobile does not seem to work.

• DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    After much finessing, I finally got pesky linebreaks to disappear in my first crafted item. But it brought up a command i've seen in other games - probably not part of the IRE family - a formatting option. As a mobile user, having that option would make my life really simple since sometimes its not easy to line up each word with the handy editor line at the top. Or due to differences in default wordwrap limits, the editor, myself and the Crafter looking at my item see linebreaks in different areas.

TL:DR, *format command in editors, please?
  • Can we have achievements for bestowing guild/ city favors?

Once you reach the top city/ council rank - there really isn't much you can do except favor for achievements.
  • I'd like for the non-essential craft skills, those being toxins, concoctions, smithing, engineering, and taming to be hidden from a new character until they've mastered their first profession, or some other reasonable boundary that keeps them from seeing neat-looking skills and deciding they should spend their lessons on those instead of things that are practical in the short-term. I think there's a skill embargo like this for newbies already, but it really should extend farther than that. 

• Can there be a default option on artifact reset?

Right now one has to set it manually every time. 
  • Ohm said:
    Can there be a default option on artifact reset?

Right now one has to set it manually every time. 
    Or at least a keyword to enable you to set them all at the same time. Would be more convenient for a lot of people that way.
  • edited May 2016
    There are still way too many guilds.  

Here is what Achaea, a game that is at least 4 times our size, has:

Short Name      In Which City  Long Name

Scions          Eleusis        The Scions of the Ithmia
    Merchants       (no city)      The Grand Merchant Collective
    Heartwood       Eleusis        The Heartwood Kin
    Cij             (no city)      The Carnivalis Institute of Jestering
    Somatikos      Hashan         The Somatikos
    Shield          Cyrene         The Vashnarian Shield
    Krymenian      Hashan         The Krymenian Academy
    Virtuosi        Cyrene         The Virtuosi
    Outriders       Cyrene         The Discurean Outriders
    Dawnblade       Targossas      The Dawnblade
    Harbingers      Targossas      The Harbingers of Redemption
    Luminai         Targossas      The Luminai
    Legates         Mhaldor        The Dread Legates
    Insidium        Mhaldor        The Insidium
    Consortium      Ashtan         The Esoteric Consortium
    Savants         Ashtan         The Savants of the Wheel
    Vanguard        Ashtan         The Nemesian Vanguard

So that is 17 Houses for a much bigger game, where there are effectively 6 circles (didn't used to be quite the case, but they've made a real effort to break up standing alliances), plus Achaea is a bit more rogue friendly, so two houses that are not aligned with a city.  

And here's us: 

Guild                City or Council      Circle

Animists             Kinsarmar            Magick
      Bards                Kinsarmar            Magick
      Crusaders            Antioch              Anti-Magick
      Diavlous             Stavenn              Demonic
      Hunters              Celidon              Magick
      Idras                Ithaqua              Anti-Magick
      Inquisition          Antioch              Anti-Magick
      Noctusari            Stavenn              Demonic
      Sentinels            Ithaqua              Anti-Magick
      Silvari              Celidon              Magick
      Spectres             Kinsarmar            Magick
      Stormweavers         Celidon              Magick
      Tzolkin              Khandava             Demonic
      Vindicators          Kinsarmar            Magick
      Wardancers           Antioch              Anti-Magick
      Wardens              Ithaqua              Anti-Magick

We have 16 guilds.  One less than the biggest IRE game.  It looks like we'd actually have 19 if demonic hadn't already done a bit of tidying up by the look of it (they only have 3 guilds for their circle).  I do think it's important to have alternatives for people, even within a circle.  I also like the idea of guilds nearly dying, but the game's built in life support providing an opportunity to revitalize them, but this just seems like way more guilds than we could ever support, and what more often seems to happen, is that people in charge of those dead guilds cling to power for dear life for a very, very long time, so really, the very persistent problem of players entrenching themselves probably needs a different solution anyway.    
  • If we have both a deathglory orb and a skull deathmask, can we customise our deathsight message to include "a bearer of deathly visage"?

(Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Not really sure why it's not a thing already, but there should be a way to view your autocuring queue.
  • Can we remove the third party message on checking FLYERS? I do not believe being able to see your opponent check fliers actually helps at all, so it would be appreciated to get rid of the message
  • 80% of the time I typo something, I get this in response: 

Your bug has been reviewed, however, we were unable to replicate the problem with the information provided. Please re-BUG with greater detail if the problem persists. Thank you!"

The last one I submitted was:

Owyn howls in pain as you crush his's knees in a sickening crunch with a frost-rimmed chalybeous glaive. This is from the gory attack for LOCKUP.

Please tell me how this isn't clear...

• We get a lot of these, and while I didn't touch this specific bug, I can tell you straight away you didn't actually state what the problem was. A typo might be obvious to you (and in this case it was fairly obvious to me at least!) but that doesn't mean it is to someone else.

Another gentle reminder is that not everyone who volunteers and helps with things is 100% fluent in English. If you file a typo report you need to state what exactly is wrong, and what it should be corrected to.

For anyone in need of a refresher course - Eoghan's marvelous post!

I hope that helped some!
  • Hexe said:
    We get a lot of these, and while I didn't touch this specific bug, I can tell you straight away you didn't actually state what the problem was. A typo might be obvious to you (and in this case it was fairly obvious to me at least!) but that doesn't mean it is to someone else.

Another gentle reminder is that not everyone who volunteers and helps with things is 100% fluent in English. If you file a typo report you need to state what exactly is wrong, and what it should be corrected to.

For anyone in need of a refresher course - Eoghan's marvelous post!

I hope that helped some!
    Please forgive me for being a little rude, but...uh... for TYPO's shouldn't those be handled by someone who IS a fluent English speaker? It doesn't seem too ridiculous to just not touch these if English isn't your forte. There's plenty of other work to be done by volunteers that it seems odd to just kick back a typo report because someone doesn't grok English enough to figure out where a typo might be. Even if someone adds in what they believe the correct fix to be, that doesn't mean their suggested fix will actually be accurate. So whoever is fixing it needs to be able to suss out whether the original or the suggested change is the best version.
  • edited May 2016
    Yeah, it is at the very least unexpected.  I mean, I definitely assumed anyone doing TYPO fixes was an educated native speaker type person, and I think that is probably a pretty standard assumption.  Knowing that you're submitting typos to someone who I am guessing at least gets around pretty well in written English, but isn't a native speaker is the first thing I need to hear about TYPO, so I have the right expectations there, and format the report with that in mind.  In short, knowing that "why" nudges me to follow those TYPO guidelines a lot more closely.  It also explains why bigger fixes seem to go through BUG.
  • edited May 2016
    I don't think that the English fluency is the main issue, though. I believe @Hexe mentioned it as simply another reason to be thorough. However, what I hope you take into account when you file your reports is that yes, these volunteers do have a bunch of other things on their plates. When they can spare a minute or so to glance through your reports, they're looking for something that they can fix pretty quickly. They're not going to fix it quickly if you submit something vague. It may very well seem like common sense, basic English, etc. These are things that a dedicated but tired volunteer can still miss, and I can understand the frustration, personally.

It's helpful to include every detail you possibly can to make the volunteers' jobs easier. If it's an item or mob, for example, I always include the ID number. I also always include the full message of the thing I'm typoing, then single out the particular bit that should be fixed, objectively. If you can put just that extra bit of effort and courtesy into filing your reports, you can expect the same from the people reviewing them, generally.

• edited May 2016
    A couple of the things our guys have had deleted with a "don't see the error" blurb were the sort of thing that jumps out at a native speaker, even a tired one.  In short, they were the sort of typos that, if you think you are reporting to a native speaker (which I think most people do), being overly rigorous frankly seems almost insulting.  I mean, Hexe saying "there is a not-native speaker issue here" jives with what I have seen lately (and it makes more sense now).