Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• edited April 2016
    How hard would it be to make so that owners of a house plot (or sect temple/guildhall/Jeremy's jacuzzi) could describe exits?

By this I mean something like:
    You see exits leading north, west, and a spiral staircase leads to the up.

This would be a neat little thematic add to a house plot I'd be willing to pay for anyways.

(Report 61028)
  • This seems like a common complaint, but could GMCP Comm.text actually include just the text and not mirror the entire line back? Or optionally, have a secondary return that is just the text?

Like, this is not helpful at all:
    channel = tell Jules
    talker = Jules
    text = Over the roaring of waves, Jules tells you, "Test."
  • Anette said:

Just a friendly neighbourhood crosspost.  I liked the changes to the other tokens as this was a pretty decent and easy little QOL thing, but free item tokens didn't get the love with those recent changes.

Idea #61012                   Reporter(s): Anette
    Priority: Ideas

Reported by Anette at 2016/04/14 05:18:
    In keeping with the other token changes of late it would be nice if the Free Item Token had it's
        own handle (perhaps "itemtoken") as well as responding to "token"

[Edit]: Only noticed the grammar error in the report posting it here. Oh well >.>;

Done!
  • edited April 2016
    Juran said:
    This seems like a common complaint, but could GMCP Comm.text actually include just the text and not mirror the entire line back? Or optionally, have a secondary return that is just the text?

channel = tell Jules
    talker = Jules
    They probably wouldn't want to change text because it might break existing systems but adding a variable that is just tell should be unintrusive enough.  Ie GCMP.Comm.Message or something
  • SevhnSevhn Missouri USA
    QOL, would it be possible for "ii whatever" to have a match coded into it?  Like "ii p" would display pipes, phylactery, pickles, and peanut-butter? (if that's how you role)
  • Sevhn said:
    QOL, would it be possible for "ii whatever" to have a match coded into it?  Like "ii p" would display pipes, phylactery, pickles, and peanut-butter? (if that's how you role)
    I think II TITLED <whatever> is what you're looking for.
  • Is there any particular reason that the ambiance orbs have to be fused to the first room on a house plot?  Ideally I'd rather not have obvious mechanical "seams" visible if possible so I'd rather put it in the basement no one's going to be in or something.
  • edited April 2016
    Juran said:
    This seems like a common complaint, but could GMCP Comm.text actually include just the text and not mirror the entire line back? Or optionally, have a secondary return that is just the text?

channel = tell Jules
    talker = Jules
    I will look into this. It may potentially break the Nexus client comm windows, so we may have to coordinate some changes with the client to make that possible.

Edit: I suppose we could just add another line with the plain text as @Anette said. I will look into it.

• This might be for classleads, but what about being able to train a pet to both deliver and mount...

And if you try to order it to deliver while mounted, you get a fail message.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Another QoL change

Would it be possible to unlock doors if you have the key in containers as opposed to requiring them on you all the time.
  • Get the keyring artifact.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited April 2016
    This might be for classleads, but what about being able to train a pet to both deliver and mount...

And if you try to order it to deliver while mounted, you get a fail message.
    I think I would be okay with that.

Edit: I guess it already leaves you behind. Cool beans.

• Jeremy said:
    Juran said:

channel = tell Jules
    talker = Jules
    I will look into this. It may potentially break the Nexus client comm windows, so we may have to coordinate some changes with the client to make that possible.

Edit: I suppose we could just add another line with the plain text as @Anette said. I will look into it.
    By the way, I have coded this, but I will probably not be loading it for a couple more days as I have it mixed in with some other things I am working on.

• Could we please just get rid of the powerful statpack?

The problem with it is that it's an utterly terrible statpack with no real practical use anymore. The only real use it ever had was as a suicidedrop spamming wardancer, and that only worked because sdrop eq was so long that you could afford to have all your strikes be 10% slower. Other than that it's just a trap option. It looks appealing to new players, but it actually cripples them.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

Could we please just get rid of the powerful statpack?

The problem with it is that it's an utterly terrible statpack with no real practical use anymore. The only real use it ever had was as a suicidedrop spamming wardancer, and that only worked because sdrop eq was so long that you could afford to have all your strikes be 10% slower. Other than that it's just a trap option. It looks appealing to new players, but it actually cripples them.

-1 to bal and eq is pretty awful.  I gimped myself for a day trying it out experimentally and never was I more pleased I had the reincarnation gem than that day.
  • Packs seem to close automatically

Is there a logic to it - or does it just close on auto after a specific time. 

Is there a way to adjust the open/ close?

• Ohm said:
    Packs seem to close automatically

Is there a logic to it - or does it just close on auto after a specific time. 

Is there a way to adjust the open/ close?

I think it's only arti/token packs that do that. I know my token pack does. I was assuming it did that as a cheap security feature, since unlike the arti packs, you CAN be forced to take things from a token pack.
  • Mine has only recently been doing that, and it's so annoying.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I like the fact that my token pack has a lid now, my wyvern pack had one added years ago that I lost when it was upgraded.
  • I'd like to see more rewards for being champion.
  • Obviously an inherent Champion vanity set that you can toggle on and off. Or maybe you can't toggle it so that everyone's given a constant reminder that you're a Champion and deserve to be brutally murdered.

• Message #10019 Sent By: (imperian) Received On: 4/21/2016/17:55
    "You have sold 65 credit(s) at 12000 per credit, for a total of 780000 gold, and it has been placed in your inventory."
    H:637/575 M:669/669 B:0 <eb> <db> K:0 R:0 D:0 F:0 rm
    Message #10020 Sent By: (imperian) Received On: 4/21/2016/17:55
    "For security reasons, the gold has been moved to a letter that has been mailed to you."

Couldn't that just be one message that goes like "You have sold 65 credits at 12000 per credit for a total of 780000 gold, which has been sent to you by letter."

• I sense that's probably because whoever rewrote the credits code to do that didn't have access to the central function or whatever.  I think there's certain core functions like retirement IRE tries to keep the same across games/Rapture.  But @Jeremy or @Garryn et al would know better than me.

I agree it would be a good QOL improvement however.
  • Any chance the syntax for AB DIABOLISM and NECROMANCY NIGHT could be changed from "NIGHT" to "EVOKE NIGHT" or something? I keep forgetting what happens and trying to alias NIGHT to do QUEUE EQBAL NIGHT, forgetting that the infinite loop brings Imperian to a halt. =(
  • Just make it a client-side alias and that won't be a problem.

• I dunno how the map coding works and etc, but for areas with special exits/entrances/whatever, is it possible to change PATH FIND so it takes you to the room containing the special exit? Like for Strengmire, it'd take you to the room with the gate.

Currently it just says "you are unable to find any way to that area from here."
  • I use STALK to hunt. I can hunt UW Khandava and Ithaqua no problem because I don't STALK after the bosses.

In Celidon, for example, I STALK to Felan and attack him rather than just hunting the spirits. Can we make it so UW bosses aren't called spirit by default, but only go by their proper names for QoL?

Same for Barsul and Silantor in Demon's Pass. Can they not be called "undead" and just go by Barsul and Silantor?

• Anette said:
    I sense that's probably because whoever rewrote the credits code to do that didn't have access to the central function or whatever.  I think there's certain core functions like retirement IRE tries to keep the same across games/Rapture.  But @Jeremy or @Garryn et al would know better than me.

I agree it would be a good QOL improvement however.
    That is the exact reason. IDEA that and I will see if we can do it in a couple weeks after the ToA.

• I use STALK to hunt. I can hunt UW Khandava and Ithaqua no problem because I don't STALK after the bosses.

In Celidon, for example, I STALK to Felan and attack him rather than just hunting the spirits. Can we make it so UW bosses aren't called spirit by default, but only go by their proper names for QoL?

Same for Barsul and Silantor in Demon's Pass. Can they not be called "undead" and just go by Barsul and Silantor?

This causes a few problems, like counting undead kills for killing those guys. Let me talk to the team and see if we cannot come to a solution at some point. Probably a good idea to IDEA this too so it does not get too lost.

• Jeremy said:

This causes a few problems, like counting undead kills for killing those guys. Let me talk to the team and see if we cannot come to a solution at some point. Probably a good idea to IDEA this too so it does not get too lost.

Would making Stalk for named ents require the name rather than the alias fix this?