Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• I want those boots so, so bad.
  • I hate on my boots a lot, but kipup alone is still amazing.  
  • edited April 2016
    Alas, they're probably out of my budget unless I were to save for some while or discover the magical get rich quick some of these people seem to have with questing.
  • Tumble is also very effective for getting out of bad situations.
  • Juran said:
    Tumble is also very effective for getting out of bad situations.
    Doesn't it strip cloak if you tumble?
  • Anette said:
    Juran said:
    Tumble is also very effective for getting out of bad situations.
    Doesn't it strip cloak if you tumble?
    It does! But that's at minimum several seconds where you're out of the room and healing without being afflicted, which buys you time. It's also pretty commonplace to be able to cloak up again when you land, most people aren't truly that on the ball.
  • Hmm, worth keeping in mind.  I'd kind of not considered it because I just assumed I'd end up braziered back or the like.
  • In group fights the usefulness of tumble tends to depend on who you're fighting.

A decent group will either stop your tumble or instantly brazier you back, so tumble tends to be rather ineffective against a lot of groups unless you're fighting on an area border where you can tumble into another area to dodge the brazier. 

When you get down to it, if tumble was that good at escaping there wouldn't be so many people willing to drop 1500cr on boots.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Yeah, group fights seem like a whole different dynamic than 1v1.  I wish I had the 1500cr for boots.  I'd spend it in a heartbeat.
  • Curious, when is the next round of classleads?
  • The big ones are in September.  They're open over in Achaea and Aetolia, so I bet they open here very soon.  I think everyone is on roughly the same quarterly clock now.  There is an announce.  Somewhere... That I can't find right now.  But I think that's the gist of it.  
  • The special mounts are said to reset to the stables if they die, would I be correct to assume it means the Caanae stables?
  • They don't reset. I killed a tarantula I got, to test that exact thing, and it's stayed dead.
  • Either they need to change the help file then, or fix what seems like quite a glaring bug :/
  • They are called arti-mounts, they should reset.

Otherwise they should be named ethereal mounts ... just one time use. 
  • They're likely just rare mounts unless you collar them.
  • Juran said:
    They're likely just rare mounts unless you collar them.
    HELP MOUNTS:

24.22 Special Mounts

24.21 < Immortality                        Entity Spheres > 24.23

In addition to the mounts which can be captured, tamed, and mastered about the land (HELP TAMING),
        there are several unique mounts rewards from special events and promotions.

A list of all the currently released special mounts.

- a decomposing undead war-bear
    - a dusky snow leopard
    - a virulent black deer
    - a lightning-wreathed elemental serpent
    - a blonde desert tarantula
    - a glaucous blue-gilled axolotl
    - a lanky giraffe
    - a lethargic black lion
    - an imperious nightmare
    - a tawny manticore
    - a bristly wood-armoured boar
    - a sinister moss-backed alligator

Unlike other mounts, these can be sold and purchased from the promo market. (HELP PROMO MARKET)

All special mounts function as if they are wearing a collar of taming, allowing them to be named
        as well as reset to the stables should they die.

So if it's not true they reset on death, they need to change the help file, unless they're supposed to and don't, in which case they're bugged.
  • All wheel mounts should now properly be marked to reset and allow naming.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Is fishing affect by bonuses?

Like soulstone or achievement bonus?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • edited April 2016
    Yes. It's low exp regardless, but yes.
  • I've often thrown my hands up in frustration wondering why I wasn't healing properly to realize that the reason was that concussions were eating the curing commands (or at least that certainly seems to be the case.)

Is there an intelligent way to tell when a concussion is eating commands in the moment, as it were?
  • edited April 2016

It will start giving you the "You get a random affliction" message over and over.

H:301/731 M:350/360 B:0   K:100 R:0 D:0 F:0 
    Health Gain: 73
    H:374/731 M:331/360 B:0   K:100 R:0 D:0 F:0 
    You are afflicted with an unknown affliction.
    H:374/731 M:331/360 B:0   K:100 R:0 D:0 F:0 
    Health Gain: 102
    H:476/731 M:353/360 B:0   K:100 R:0 D:0 F:0 
    Adrienne raises an eyebrow at you.
    H:476/731 M:353/360 B:0   K:100 R:0 D:0 F:0 
    You have regained left arm balance.
    You have regained right arm balance.
    H:476/731 M:353/360 B:0   K:100 R:0 D:0 F:0 ql
    Sunkissed Sela Keth'Aera, the Crimson Blade says, "I think we broke it."
    H:476/731 M:360/360 B:0   K:100 R:0 D:0 F:0 
    Health Gain: 73
    H:549/731 M:351/360 B:0   K:100 R:0 D:0 F:0 grin

That is concussion giving you amnesia. When you starting getting all those messages without any visible source it usually means "YOU HAS CONCUSSION"

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited April 2016
    I don't think I've seen it doing that before but I'll keep an eye out, thanks!

Edit: I was more wondering detecting the specific instances where concussion causes a healing command not to go through, but I think I figured it out myself: presuming it still displays attempted commands with the autocuring option to show what it puts through, I can just put that on and have my system watch out for it for instance sipping health but not having any of the other related messages.
  • Quick question

Why does relaxing a defense like celerity cost 4.2 seconds of equilibrium?

Does it have combat implications to reduce the time required to relax a defense to say 1 - 2 seconds?
  • Are there plans to have a ToA this year? (Asking for guild/city planning purposes).
  • Best spots for fishing?

Does bait matter much?

Any other useful information like how many casts per room I can get?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Best spots for fishing?

Does bait matter much?

Any other useful information like how many casts per room I can get?
    Different bait used in different environment types yield different fish (e.g., saltwater/ocean is different from lake/freshwater).  No limit on number of casts per room as far as I know -- it's 5 fish per room though.
  • This is with reflections up and prismatic up. What's weirder than the cleansing ignoring prismatic is that per a log from Anette, the cleanse actually cleared a reflection AND did damage. @Garryn @Eoghan How should these things ACTUALLY be interacting? I would guess, but the implementation seems so random that I don't even think I know what is intended.

• Dicene said:
    This is with reflections up and prismatic up. What's weirder than the cleansing ignoring prismatic is that per a log from Anette, the cleanse actually cleared a reflection AND did damage. @Garryn @Eoghan How should these things ACTUALLY be interacting? I would guess, but the implementation seems so random that I don't even think I know what is intended.

A little bit of further testing later and my working theory is that they're both detecting and hitting the same reflection, rather than one reflection, and then another.  Is this intentional?