Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• I'm up for other ideas for holiday events that can run along side the festivals. 
  • I think it's great to provide more "typical" IRE content in the festivals (tricky quests, competitive things that pit wit against wit in a zero sum game, etc...).  However, please continue to provide light-hearted "idiot" content for the rest of us.  I have a feeling I am not the only one who appreciates it, and it's sort of an exception in that sense, because most "games" in IRE are incredibly intense, and pit the sort of people who can easily solve complex problems against each other, and any other players are basically foolish to even attempt to play.  
  • The satisfaction of closing ALL the couple hundred tabs/documents/bookmarks that you had open for finals 

and then eating enough for three and a half people

then sleeping a bit

maybe a little bit of crying

just a lil tho
  • The Wardens and Ithaqua are hilarious, adequately summed up by the ambient message:

Loud slurred voices break out into a vulgar tune followed by a terrible crash.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • edited March 2016
    Elokia said:
    I'm up for other ideas for holiday events that can run along side the festivals. 
    St. Paddy's Day could have had shothunts, drunken tumble races, drinking contests, arena events(possibly drunken), whatever. Limerick contests, maybe?  Dress @Caelya up as a leprechaun and chase her?

Anything at all that takes some kind of skill and actual interaction. The current games bother me because they're entirely RNG dependent. We might as well just all roll a bunch of dice and the highest number gets to be Holiday King. They're content that doesn't really feel like content. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• OhmOhm
    edited March 2016
    SHOTHUNTS!!! 

Fireballs worth 10 points each - yes please!

@Khizan you are awesome for suggesting this
  • I'm all for that, I did try to do games last year, and the year before. It's quite exhausting when you have no other people around to help. But I'll keep that in mind for next year.
  • edited March 2016
    One nice thing about the games that are currently run for each holiday is that I know I can actually get "fun little doodad" (whatever that is).  I mean, we are not talking about the staff of nicator here, but the usual way things are done in IRE is that pretty much every festival game would normally be set up as though -that- were the prize :(  Haven't got a great system for blah tumble races?  Aren't the guy who comes up with just the best insulting limericks?  Screw you, why did you even join the game?  As well, the current games are also set up so that I don't have to camp out 24/7 for a weekend because omg I missed out on the Eburnean shark pup that one time and I am still sadface about it.  That is a relief too!  I mean, yes, by all means do more "serious" games, but please don't go "full IRE" and get rid of everything that isn't "srs competitors only" :(  

On another note that is sort of kind of related, I love that the wheel promo has given us the opportunity to get vanity pets (or familiars if that's your thing) that were exceedingly rare.  Heck, the market is even a little flooded right now.  And I am pretty fine with that (I mean, it won't be forever, and part of the reason that the prices are so low in some cases is just that we're not -that- pet crazy here).  Some people definitely don't feel the same way, but for me, I don't care if I have omg one of only three reindeer in the game (or whatever).  In fact, that just makes me sad.  And slightly afraid that Tikal might kill me in my sleep for my reindeer.  NOW I CAN SLEEP WITHOUT FEAR.  
  • Alvetta, Ozreas, Arina, Dimitri, Skolfr, Calais and Khizan are sitting at a solid oak bar with you.

Dimitri sidles up to Skolfr and suddenly lifts up her shirt and raspberries her bellybutton.

Ozreas waggles his eyebrows comically.

Skolfr slaps Dimitri on the cheek.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Spending a good deal of time coding something, and it's error-free right off the bat.

:bz  :x
  • edited March 2016
    Two hearts in one day!

I won my first duel against @Vasharr, yay to other Demonic people who came along to watch, and didn't interfere with my noobiness like some people seemed to think they would.

Boo to losing the rematch, because my rebounding tracking got wonky, so he fulfilled my bounty. Sorry to the other people who wanted to duel afterwards for it :P

Also fixed my bloodscent echoes to actually fire off now, I'll get you next time Vasharr!
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Alvetta, Ozreas, Arina, Dimitri, Skolfr, Calais and Khizan are sitting at a solid oak bar with you.

Dimitri sidles up to Skolfr and suddenly lifts up her shirt and raspberries her bellybutton.

Ozreas waggles his eyebrows comically.

Skolfr slaps Dimitri on the cheek.

Not the emote i wanted to use, but the emote that I deserved in the end.

• A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with 750 Credits and 25 Credits.

• I <3 this game's weirdness and people. It was great playing with you all, until next time. Peace out
  • edited March 2016
    A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with 500 Credits and a Token of the Creator.

A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with 250 Credits and an ethereal chain.

A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a gleaming phylactery and 750 Credits.

Today.

• CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with 500 Credits and a Token of the Creator.

A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with 250 Credits and an ethereal chain.

A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a gleaming phylactery and 750 Credits.

Today.
    MUST BE NICE...
  • A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with 500 Credits and a Token of the Creator.

Today.

I considered issuing him for cheating. 
  • I wonder if there is a secret  trick to getting all those credit wheels?
  • @Lartus SEND HIM JUST 35 CREDITS TO FIND OUT HOW!

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    When newer people love pk <3
  • edited March 2016
    I heart creating little skirmishes through being a general nuisance.

Imperial Logging Company, Sienna branch is a go.

Edit:  I also love civil talks between foes when we get to the ferry at roughly the same time about how the fight went.
    Today we shall die.
  • I enjoyed those fights quite a bit.
  • It gave me a bit of a giggle that I immediately thought of poor @ohm when I read the latest promo announce.
  • OhmOhm
    edited April 2016
    -
    Anette said:
    It gave me a bit of a giggle that I immediately thought of poor @ohm when I read the latest promo announce.

-insert choice expletives here- 

I bought another 10 spins today. Which effectively resulted in 14 spins and a bunch of ethereal stuff
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Juran said:
    I enjoyed those fights quite a bit.

I was too distracted IRL to do more than hop in for a moment. Thanks for letting me pick on you in that group? >:) 
  • I found a mob still loyal to Zanik. He should be renamed Hachiko for that level of dedication and loyalty.
  • For all of the admin <3 

• edited April 2016
    Eoghan said:
    Very slightly offtopic: Implemented a player-submitted idea for TITLES SEARCH <title> to filter the output of TITLES ALL.

I heart this.

Bug #60864                    Reporter(s): Anette
    Priority: Resolved

Resolution:
    Thank you for your suggestion! You can now use TITLES SEARCH .

From submitted to implemented in like an hour <3
  • The speed with which typos and bugs are being closed today. 

Two typos - each resolved in less than 5 minutes. 

Amazing