Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• <500H 331M> [eb db]
    You follow Iniar to the ether.
    Above a ragged, abyssal crag.
    Floating in the air is a fiery portal. The undead remains of a ravenous hound
    is here. Eldritch Horror, Raini Sunjackal, The Mind Flayer is here, psychic       -- This doesn't look so bad...
    energy cascading around her in the form of lightning. Ahkan Aertsen is here, a
    scintillating aura of light surrounding him. He wields a shining longsword in
    his left hand and a mithril shield in his right.
    You see exits leading south and down.
    [Iniar - Above a ragged, abyssal crag.]
    <500H 331M> [eb db]
    Eldreth quickly flings a card with the image of Lust at Raini.
    Raini's eyes light up as the Lust card hits.
    <500H 331M> [eb db]
    A look of extreme focus crosses the face of Raini.
    Raini's expression no longer looks so vacant.
    <500H 331M> [eb db]
    Your icewyrm informs you that Raini has bled 62 health. [[Raini-248]]
    <500H 331M> [eb db]
    Raini takes a long drag off her pipe, exhaling a thick, white haze.
    <500H 331M> [eb db]
    Undead remains of a ravenous hound slashes Raini viciously.
    <500H 331M> [eb db]
    An arrow suddenly materialises in a swirling vortex of colours and streaks
    towards Raini.
    Raini stumbles and appears off balance.
    <500H 326M> [eb db]
    Ahkan takes a drink from a glass vial.
    <500H 326M> [eb db]
    Raini quickly eats a piece of kelp.
    Raini's colour returns to her face.
    <500H 326M> [eb db]
    [melody]: Your Target: [ah]       -- That lazy mode.
    [melody]: Reset Class: [outrider]

You follow Iniar to the ether.       -- ???
    Antioch Shuk.
    The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. This has been marked as holy ground.
    A sewer grate looms darkly beneath your feet. A massive, sparkling wheel hovers
    here, a bejeweled arrow pointing straight up from the middle of the wheel. A
    small seed lies on the ground here. Some rose petals lie here in a small pile.
    Arching up towards the sky, with a curtain of shifting light hung within it,
    the Lunar Pylon stands proudly here. The shop directory of Antioch rests here
    on a marble pedestal. A small package, wrapped in a grey cloth and tied with
    twine lies on the ground here. An iron lantern has been hung here on a single
    bamboo pole. Scuff marks marring the shiny casing, this small clock has been
    abandoned. A bright-eyed young icewyrm stands here - a closer look reveals it
    is a bench. An intricately carved muamrite guard's spear lies abandoned here.
    There are 2 elegant white letters here. The leaves on this stalk of corn have
    begun to curl and brown, the large ears drooping along the tall stalk. A
    veritum camel-shaped charm lies on the ground here. An obsidian camel-shaped
    charm lies on the ground here. An ivory camel-shaped charm lies on the ground
    here. A steel camel-shaped charm lies on the ground here. An iron camel-shaped
    charm lies on the ground here. A ruby camel-shaped charm lies on the ground
    here. An onyx camel-shaped charm lies on the ground here. A sandstone
    camel-shaped charm lies on the ground here. There are 5 extravagant plumed
    helms here. A broken and tarnished locket has been left in the dirt here. There
    are 4 macabre dirk-shaped pins here. There are 3 pairs of scorched fishhook
    earrings here. A broken and tarnished locket has been abandoned here. There are
    4 leg bones here. A sapphire direwolf-shaped charm lies on the ground here. An
    ice direwolf-shaped charm is on the ground here. There are 3 obsidian
    direwolf-shaped charms here. A wooden direwolf-shaped charm lies on the ground
    here. There are 2 emerald towers-shaped charms here. A stone direwolf-shaped
    charm lies on the ground here. An emerald direwolf-shaped charm lies on the
    ground here. A marble fountain-shaped charm lies on the ground here. A silver
    phoenix egg-shaped charm lies on the ground here. There are 4 ivory phoenix
    egg-shaped charms here. An emerald phoenix egg-shaped charm lies on the ground
    here. An oaken phoenix egg-shaped charm lies on the ground here. There are 3
    stone phoenix egg-shaped charms here. There are 2 diamond root-shaped charms
    here. A ruby root-shaped charm lies on the ground here. An ivory root-shaped
    charm lies on the ground here. A necromatic bone root-shaped charm lies on the
    ground here. There are 2 onyx root-shaped charms here. Floating in the air is a
    fiery portal. An intoxicatingly beautiful fairy hovers in mid-air before you,
    her sublime features drawing you towards her. Trotting warily around the area,
    a dark kelpie mare paces here. Sodden mane tangled in wild reeds and cattails,
    a kelpie stallion lurks here with baleful opalescent eyes. A young lamiran
    maiden stands here in an unassuming pose, wreathed in the scent of brine.
    Incredibly large and a rare white shade, a massive woolly mammoth stands here
    with confidence and aloofness. A banded stallion stands here quietly regarding
    his surroundings. A shimmering platinum King couatl is resting here, eyes
    gazing around the area. Bright blue eyes gazing at her surroundings, an albino
    yearling stands impatiently here, occasionally swatting the air with an agile
    hoof. A large red kangaroo is lounging idly here, lazily scratching herself as
    she gazes around curiously. Keeping close to the ground, a bushy tailed swift
    fox blends seamlessly with its surroundings. His amber eyes gazing serenely
    about him, a large cream colored Graytrem draft stallion stands here in a regal
    manner. Heated breath flaring his nostrils, a massive warhorse stands here
    imperially. Glowing yellow eyes reveal the lurking presence of this black cat.
    There are 2 winsome verdant mares here. Marked with distinguishing white and
    black fur, a large panda bear is here munching lazily on a bamboo stalk. A
    huge, red banded desert raptor perches here, idly grooming his wings with a
    regal air. A spirited Shaahri stallion trots about. A massive groomed black
    stallion stands here proudly, its large form covered in silver battle armour. A
    noble falcon is perched here, its bright eyes regarding you watchfully. An
    odorous orange cat is lurking here, howling dolefully. Ailish Eraudan is here,
    a blank look in her eyes. She wields a shining longsword in her left hand and a
    lunar shield in her right. The ever-shifting visage of Cyr, Aspect of Moradeim,
    is here. He wields a shining longsword in his left hand and a kite shield in
    his right. Xeron is riding on an immense cyanine icewyrm. He wields a mithril
    shield in his left hand and a quicksilver spear in his right. You see a sign
    here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest,
    west, and northwest.
    [Iniar - Antioch Shuk.]
    <500H 326M> [eb db]
    (Ring): You say, "Target AH."
    <500H 326M> [eb db]
    Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears. [anti-weapon field]
    You order a cunning coyote to attack Ahkan.
    You order a lithe ferret to attack Ahkan.
    You order a red-tailed hawk to attack Ahkan.
    You order a pronghorn antelope to attack Ahkan.
    You order a small sparrow to attack Ahkan.
    You order a swift cheetah to attack Ahkan.
    I do not recognize anything called that here.
    You detect nothing here by that name.
    <500H 326M> [eb db]
    You take a long drag off your pipe, filling your lungs with linseed smoke. [linseed]
    <500H 326M> [eb db]
    The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.
    <500H 336M> [eb db]
    (Ring): Xeron says, "And then demonic demonic'd :(."
    <500H 336M> [eb db]
    (Ring): You say, "Wtf."
    <500H 336M> [eb db]
    Beneath the fell rays of Sukhder, Ahkan has executed Raini.
    You have recovered your breath and can smoke once more. [pipe]
    <500H 336M> [eb db]
    You follow Iniar to the ether.       -- Let's try that again!
    Above a ragged, abyssal crag.
    Gore is splattered about, a display of Ahkan's cruel handiwork. Floating in the
    air is a fiery portal. The decaying remains of Raini lie here. The undead
    remains of a ravenous hound is here. Ahkan Aertsen is here, a scintillating
    aura of light surrounding him. He wields a shining longsword in his left hand
    and a mithril shield in his right.
    You see exits leading south and down.
    [Iniar - Above a ragged, abyssal crag.]
    <500H 336M> [eb db]
    Your target has no protections you can pierce. [raze]
    bal:2.00
    You order your wyrm to hinder Ahkan's chances of escape. [intercept]
    equ:2.75
    <500H 322M> [-- db]
    A lithe ferret shrieks at Ahkan, making him feel light-headed and nauseated.
    Undead remains of a ravenous hound slashes Iniar viciously.
    Eight of your pipes have gone cold and dark.
    <500H 322M> [-- db]
    Ahkan quickly eats a nightshade root.
    <500H 322M> [-- db]
    EQBAL: Light pipes
    <500H 322M> [-- db]
    You feel an aura of rebounding surround you. [anti-weapon field]
    <500H 322M> [-- db]
    Ahkan secures his previously wielded items and instantly draws a shining
    longsword into his left hand, with a mithril shield flowing into the right.
    <500H 322M> [-- db]
    <500H 322M> [-- db]
    You are regaining balance and are unable to move.
    Iniar, riding a Graytrem draft stallion steps through a fiery portal and is       -- ..........
    gone.
    He is followed by a muamrite slave.

(Ring): Iniar says, "Rofl."

Iniar is the Jar Jar Binks of this game and secretly creates chaos on purpose.

• IniarIniar Australia
    "secretly"
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • IniarIniar Australia
    A skull deathmask
    ---------------------------------
    When worn, this mask will hide your identity in deathsight messages.

I disapprove.
  • 2 ) (2016/03/01 06:42) Tikal: "I was doign a quiz with a friend who was reading the questions. it
    was something liek... if you coudl give any gift to your five year old self it woudl be..."
    3 ) (2016/03/01 06:42) Tikal: "I jumped in before she codl read the answers and said barbie power
    wheels."
    4 ) (2016/03/01 06:42) Oystir: "Lol."
    5 ) (2016/03/01 06:42) Tikal: "Any time a conversation like that comes up I remins about my lack of
    the power wheel."
    6 ) (2016/03/01 06:43) Oystir: "My grandma pines the same way over this doll she used to have when
    she was 6 that her mother threw away."
    7 ) (2016/03/01 06:43) Oystir: "She's like 70 now, but that's cool."
    8 ) (2016/03/01 06:43) Tikal: "My rant is mostly becaue I got a monster truck one. mostly because I
    had a little brother. however five months later on my brother's birthday he got a 3 wheeler one that
    was tons faster."
    9 ) (2016/03/01 06:44) Oystir: "What color was your truck?"
    10) (2016/03/01 06:44) Tikal: "Blue."
    11) (2016/03/01 06:44) Tikal: "It was a big foot power wheel."
    12) (2016/03/01 06:44) Oystir: "I gotta afk."
    13) (2016/03/01 06:45) Oystir: "We need to get rid of my hearts tonight plox? 79."
    14) (2016/03/01 06:45) Tikal: "Now I have to add int he oystir syniism. bet the parents are kicking
    themselves now, not like I get to drive now."
    15) (2016/03/01 06:45) Oystir: "Oh rofl."
    16) (2016/03/01 06:45) Oystir: "Oh that's hilarious."
    17) (2016/03/01 06:45) Tikal: "The barbie car really got to me lol can you tell?"
    18) (2016/03/01 06:46) Tikal: "That is when I stopped believing in sanata too because santa never
    wrote me a note before explaing why he didn't get me the present I wanted."
    19) (2016/03/01 06:46) Tikal: "My mom totally blames my dad for that whole thing."
    20) (2016/03/01 06:47) Tikal: "I think mostly my dad didn't want my brother riding in a barbie car."
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • On the Imperian TopMudSites info page:

Avg Players Online76-100

Haha. Haha... Ha. 

:(

P.S. Go vote.
  • I guess that depends on what time they take that average from.  The time of morning I'm on most you're lucky to get ~20.  But during late afternoon NA times ish?  Yeah, it gets up there.

• (Ring): You say, "A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a

pair of Ethereal Shackles and a pair of Ethereal Shackles."

(Ring): You say, "Can I complain."

(Ring): Aviva says, "Bondage city."

• (Ring): Ultrix says, "You need 2 strippers going."
    (Ring): Raini says, "Alright. Tap em."
    (Ring): Ageranu says, "Two strippers won't work either."

So, in short, AM has a three stripper minimum.  
  • Responding to an ad by @Ohm about ethereal shackles

Carried upon the four elements Ohm tells you, "Don't worry about it."
    You tell Ohm Tancredi, ".. you sure?"
    Carried upon the four elements Ohm tells you, "Yes - its 1 credit worth - and you were only
        curious.".
    You tell Ohm Tancredi, "Oh, oof. Well, thanks!"
    Carried upon the four elements Ohm tells you, "Never deny a curious woman her bondage apparel."
  • Etienne deftly spins a sparkling wheel. It begins whirling rapidly, emanating a loud clacking noise.
    H:669 M:623 B:0 <eb db> You deftly spin a sparkling wheel. It begins whirling rapidly, emanating a loud clacking noise.
    H:669 M:630 B:0 <eb db> 
    A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding Etienne with a map fragment and a gleaming phylactery.
    [Info]: Etienne has just won 500 credits on the Wheel of Fortune!
    (Ring): Abigail says, "Gg."
    (Ring): Ahkan says, "WOOOO."
    H:669 M:623 B:0 <eb db> 
    (Ring): Lartus says, "WTF."
    Caelbrook gives Etienne a wry smile, her eyes lighting up deviously.
    A sparkling wheel slows down to a halt, rewarding you with a centaur foal and 75 Credits.
    [Info]: 500 credit grand prize within the next 500 spins on the Wheel of Fortune.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    [M] @Ohm: Seeking donations to fuel my wheel addiction.

@Eldreth - Ohm needs you, stat!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    [ Ring ] Razahk  > "How good is the monk ability evade?"
    [ Ring ] Khizan  > "Evb?"
    [ Ring ] Razahk  > "Yeah."
    [ Core ] You     > "Phase change: deep dusk."
    [ Ring ] Khizan  > "Uh, +2 sex, I think."
    [ Ring ] Khizan  > "Sigh."
    [ Ring ] Khizan  > "+2 DEX."
    [ Ring ] Razahk  > "Oh yeah, just what I need."
    [ Ring ] Razahk  > "I'll take that first +2."
    [ Ring ] You     > "Lol."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3321
    Date: 3/14/2016 at 21:53
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Diabolism

The Necromancy skill, which until now had been shared between the Deathknight and Diabolist 
    professions, has now been split into two separate skills. Deathknights have retained Necromancy, 
    while the Diabolist copy is now called Diabolism (very innovative, I know). The skills are entirely 
    identical, except that Diabolists do not have the Bone ability.

Why? The shared nature of these skills is proving too limiting for certain upcoming changes - more 
    information on these should be coming soon-ish.

What does this mean for you?

- If you are about to learn either of the affected professions, the skills are no longer shared, 
    meaning you will have to learn them separately.

- If you have the Deathknight profession, but not the Diabolist one, things are exactly the same.

- If you have the Diabolist profession, but not the Deathknight one, things are exactly the same, 
    except that your Necromancy skill is now called Diabolism.

- If you have both professions, and have put more than 500 lessons into -both- of them (not counting 
    Necromancy lessons),  then you now have both Necromancy and Diabolism at whichever rank you 
    originally had Necromancy at. Forgetting Diabolism won't give you any lessons back, however.

- If you have both professions, but haven't put 500+ lessons to one or both of them, then your 
    lessons in Necromancy may or may not have been converted into Diabolism, depending on which 
    profession you have spent more lessons in. The other skill is now at Inept.

If anything breaks, please report it in the usual way.

There are no plans at this time to do anything similar for the other two in-circle shared skills 
    (Devotion and Pioneering).

Penned by my hand on the 17th of Bellum, in the year 100 AM.

Yay. And lol.
  • Carried upon the four elements Ohm tells you, "One day I'll kick your ass."

You tell Gambler Ohm Tancredi, Aspect of Addiction, "Oh! You're changing classes?"

It's funny because mage is bad.

Sorry Ohm love you.
    Today we shall die.
  • Linslet said:
    Carried upon the four elements Ohm tells you, "One day I'll kick your ass."

You tell Gambler Ohm Tancredi, Aspect of Addiction, "Oh! You're changing classes?"

It's funny because mage is bad.

Sorry Ohm love you.
    Help me get it buffed :P
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Ohm, tri-trans I presume? I have a couple of mirrors. Maybe I'll mirror you and really fiddle with the skills on an off day.
  • Salik said:
    Ohm, tri-trans I presume? I have a couple of mirrors. Maybe I'll mirror you and really fiddle with the skills on an off day.
    Sure - yep TT
  • Salik said:
    Ohm, tri-trans I presume? I have a couple of mirrors. Maybe I'll mirror you and really fiddle with the skills on an off day

Everything takes too long, offense has long prep time, while prepping you aren't keeping people from kicking your ass cause it's not super heavy damage nor heavy afflictions, if you stop prepping you lose momentum, aka attunement so you have to start all over again while in a worse situation, and even when you prep and get everything going, the payoff is medicore to decent damage for one burst that anyone over 450 health or so should be fine tanking, commit reserves if need be and then back to killing you.

Cause by the time you get that one big burst off, you are almost certainly near dead. I too am tri-trans mage, it is bad, that is summary. 

@Ohm I miss anything?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited March 2016
    My major issue with Mage (and Bard) is that the finishers aren't really finishers. Yes, they are nice chunks of unblockable damage, but anyone with any common sense can bank a shard heal/vitality/commit and turtle as you convert into your finisher (and past it).

A finisher should, ironically, finish a fight.

Mage's affliction route is also heavy-handed in delivering afflictions, but few of which contribute to controlling the fight. A shallow stack also precludes conclusive victories; there is a lot of hit-and-praying that a single nightshade did not undo your work. This is not ideal for a finisher. Most of the new affliction-to-damage methods suffer from this: Warchant Pierce, Malignosis Flay, Cruel Lament. When you compare the simplicity of breaking out of a stack that takes the aggressor time/effort to learn and do, to the relative ease of damage-kill routes is underwhelming - and by extension, unattractive to players, new and old.

Whilst flamepillar is a nice nod to xeroderma, it probably needs a tune to make it efficient.
  • ArcannArcann 217792gti
    First, I have to say @Linslet for the awesome outfit you made for me.

Secondly, The Harlequin, Lady Linslet Iscariot says, "Lay down, shut up, grab hold of something, and put a rag in your mouth."
  • edited March 2016
    A peaceful aura fills the area, emanating from Ellen, Aspect of Aryana. He is juggling a throwing axe, a throwing axe, and a throwing axe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Floral Sage Ellen (Female dryad).
  • Ahkan Aertsen says to Urzog, "The difference is that there is no rhyme or reason to your attacks upon cities. Which, I guess, there's no rhyme or reason to Antioch's "wars" aside from that they're fun. So, You've allied yourself with the right organization."

Dark mirth evident in her words, Lady Abigail Murne, Harbinger of the Damned says to Urzog, in Orcish, "Antioch is not representative of mortalkind as a whole. They are chaotic, savage barbarians who destroy simply because they can destroy. Bereft of their Gods that controlled them, they have embarked upon a crusade of hatred and ignorance that has proven far more destructive than they believed their enemies to be."

Dark mirth evident in her words, Lady Abigail Murne, Harbinger of the Damned says to Urzog, in Orcish, "But the Imperator is right. You certainly have chosen the right city to ally yourselves with."

I'm glad to see that SOMEBODY in this game understands us. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Iluv said:
    A peaceful aura fills the area, emanating from Ellen, Aspect of Aryana. He is juggling a throwing axe, a throwing axe, and a throwing axe.

Floral Sage Ellen (Female dryad).
    If you find an incorrect message, please file a TYPO report in-game BEFORE posting on the forums about it. This has now been corrected.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Aww, I missed that, Khizan? But yes, We in Stavenn do understand!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Khizan said:

Ahkan Aertsen says to Urzog, "The difference is that there is no rhyme or reason to your attacks upon cities. Which, I guess, there's no rhyme or reason to Antioch's "wars" aside from that they're fun. So, You've allied yourself with the right organization."

Dark mirth evident in her words, Lady Abigail Murne, Harbinger of the Damned says to Urzog, in Orcish, "Antioch is not representative of mortalkind as a whole. They are chaotic, savage barbarians who destroy simply because they can destroy. Bereft of their Gods that controlled them, they have embarked upon a crusade of hatred and ignorance that has proven far more destructive than they believed their enemies to be."

Dark mirth evident in her words, Lady Abigail Murne, Harbinger of the Damned says to Urzog, in Orcish, "But the Imperator is right. You certainly have chosen the right city to ally yourselves with."

I'm glad to see that SOMEBODY in this game understands us. 

Stavenn drank so much blood I hear haemosiderin is the in-thing.
  • I googled this and I -still- don't get Iniar's medical jokes >.>  Wait.  It might be a comm joke.  Unsure.  
  • Peering out over his armful of wood, a merman man enters from the west.

He's a merman man, man.
  • edited March 2016
    (Ring): @Juran says, "I went to starbucks and ordered a triple flat white, the barista was like 'i have to pull 4 anyway, do you want it?' so I had four shots of espresso first thing this morning."

(Ring): @Dimitri says, "So, what's it like being able to see sound juran?"

=D>
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I miss the days when espresso induced any significant effect on my body. :(
  • Ozreas said:
    I miss the days when espresso induced any significant effect on my body. :(
    Let me introduce you to my great friend caffeine pills...