Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Caelya said:
    While we're on the subject, is there any way to organize and separate promo/achievement Tokens of the Creator from the standard ones? It can be really difficult to figure out what you can and can't put on the market when you have a whole slew of free tokens and a handful of tradeable ones.
    Ok.
    PROMO TRADEABLE [filter] [ALL/CONTAINERS/RECURSIVE]
    If you provide any of the three options for the last optional element it also searches containers. Filter limits results to items that have that item type (e.g. token) or contain that string in their appearance.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Have a way to check what regens are on a character and what is affecting them.
  • Khizan said:
    Elokia said:
    Sorry, all I have are Gems, hearts, frogs, and shots!
    I'm honestly really surprised we don't have an easter egg hunt, it seems like such an obvious thing. 

We have pighunts too. Maybe I can see if I can get a coder free before Sunday for  some eggs! I'll even make a giant egg filled with candy as the prize.
    I've noticed in some games that re-purposing lesser used items (such as shards, for instance) into more used items makes the user more likely to grind that said item.

I haven't gone to shard fall in literally months, and I -still- have had enough to use for combat and otherwise. I would start going again if maybe the shards could be turned into other things? Maybe if you hit a certain cap with them you can convert them into bound tokens, or maybe have a group turn into a certain amount of gold sovereigns.

Simply raising the costs of certain things won't make us grind harder, but making something useful for other purposes seems more efficeint.
  • While I don't currently have a better input on the abundance of shards, I don't think something which adds more gold to the game is ever a good idea, at this point. Bound tokens are extremely unlikely as well, I think, unfortunately. :( - Since shards are used typically for research purposes, would be cool if you could convert X amount of shards into Y amount of lessons. But doubt that'll happen either :(
    edited March 2016
    If you're talking about huge amounts of gold, of course. Depending on the amount of shards per token too, of course. I think you're imagining small numbers to get those. I'm thinking way bigger, like 1-2k shards for a bound token.

Lesson's will never work cause they make direct money for that, especially during package deals.

More than likely too, this would have to be all red shards.

Edit: Also thought they could possibly add an extra shard; say the next step could be a black shard. They can only be used to get bound tokens (or whatever they deem accessible) with them. They can only be accessed by combining red shards.
  • I mean, in all honesty, the problem is that the end-game content is super lacking. Yes, we can go bash hard mobs and bosses, but for what purpose? We can't get legendary weapons from it because, well, that's from RL purchase of credits. What do we do with gold? I haven't the faintest clue, besides hope people sell credits cheap. Hell, what do most of us do with credits nowadays? Not a damn thing, because after 10+ years of playing, we've kind of gotten everything you wanted.

Gold reserves are ridiculously massive among the playerbase, and it would require a gold sink of quite possibly a billion in order to make gold really worth anything again. I, personally, can make 400k gold in a single day if I tried hard at it, and 100k-200k while studying. If a gold incentive came along, it'd have to be big enough that it's so hard to get that it'd take me months to get it even with my bashing speed(which I'm sure many other people share).

But in THAT case, the general population sure as hell isn't getting anywhere near that gold for years and years on end.

One-percenter power players ruin everything!
  • We have no plans to allow shards to be converted directly into any sort of currency. You can currently convert shards into plants, which you can sell, but directly creating currencies will exacerbate any existing inflation issues and overall devalue the currency with potentially far-reaching results.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Elokia said:
    Khizan said:
    Elokia said:
    Sorry, all I have are Gems, hearts, frogs, and shots!
    I'm honestly really surprised we don't have an easter egg hunt, it seems like such an obvious thing. 

We have pighunts too. Maybe I can see if I can get a coder free before Sunday for  some eggs! I'll even make a giant egg filled with candy as the prize.
    We'll make it happen.
    Khizan said:

Could we please please please speed up pet training?

Right now the only practical way to level up a pet in any decent time is to set up an autotrainer and AFK all day. Right now you can train roughly once every 30 minutes at roughly 11-15% per train. So, 100 skillpoints at 14 points per train is 8 trains to max a skill. So it takes roughly 4 hours to learn a skill, and my pet can learn 8 skills... we're talking ~32 hours of play time per pet here, which is a bit unreasonable.

There exists a token item to speed up training by 33%. At the moment, I don't think we're going to speed it up beyond that, but we'll keep it in mind as a request.

Linslet said:
    I bugged this a while ago.

Familiars currently can't do the cool [say (neat flavor text here) "spoken words"] that we all know and love.  I would adore that being a thing.  Seeing as how everyone is rocking five thousand familiars these days, I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    This (along with complex custom emotes) is on our list of desired features, but the complexity is a little high so it hasn't been prioritized over other things yet.
  • Eoghan said:
    We have no plans to allow shards to be converted directly into any sort of currency. You can currently convert shards into plants, which you can sell, but directly creating currencies will exacerbate any existing inflation issues and overall devalue the currency with potentially far-reaching results.

The clear choice here is to raise the historically low interest rates in order to prevent another real estate bubble. But you've also got to do something about this dividend and tech bubble people are talking about!
    I just want more reasons to conflict :/
  • Make it so AB SMITHING <item> shows how many lessons until it can be learned.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Mercer said:
    A spin off of the treasure maps discussion in the general discussion, but since people have won artifact snowglobes, knowing how until you can shake it again would be really helpful.
    Done. You will now see the number of months until you can shake the globe again when probing it.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Eoghan said:
    We have no plans to allow shards to be converted directly into any sort of currency. You can currently convert shards into plants, which you can sell, but directly creating currencies will exacerbate any existing inflation issues and overall devalue the currency with potentially far-reaching results.
    This assumes the currency isn't already devalued into nothing.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Being able to see how long I have to wait for woodheart to be usable again would be neat.  I know that it ticks at the beginning of each new day, but outside of hitting TIME and guessing how much longer based on ingame day cycle (or adding time of day to your prompt like a cool kid) there's no way of knowing exactly when woodheart pops up because it doesn't show on COOLDOWNS.  If we could add it to COOLDOWNS or just have it show up on treant meld or something, that'd be killer.
    Today we shall die.
  • edited March 2016
    Linslet said:
    Being able to see how long I have to wait for woodheart to be usable again would be neat.  I know that it ticks at the beginning of each new day, but outside of hitting TIME and guessing how much longer based on ingame day cycle (or adding time of day to your prompt like a cool kid) there's no way of knowing exactly when woodheart pops up because it doesn't show on COOLDOWNS.  If we could add it to COOLDOWNS or just have it show up on treant meld or something, that'd be killer.
    The cooldowns system can only be used for cooldowns that are tracked on the character (not an item), and that have a specific static time (not that are refreshed on a periodic tick like the new day). Woodheart doesn't meet either of these criteria, so unfortunately it can't be migrated to the cooldowns system.
  • Eoghan said:
    Caelya said:
    While we're on the subject, is there any way to organize and separate promo/achievement Tokens of the Creator from the standard ones? It can be really difficult to figure out what you can and can't put on the market when you have a whole slew of free tokens and a handful of tradeable ones.
    Ok.
    PROMO TRADEABLE [filter] [ALL/CONTAINERS/RECURSIVE]
    If you provide any of the three options for the last optional element it also searches containers. Filter limits results to items that have that item type (e.g. token) or contain that string in their appearance.
    Received a submission via the IDEA queue to add a column noting if the item is currently for sale. There is now a column noting whether or not the item is posted to the promotions market.
  • Achievements for collecting reflections.

(I want 1,000 achievement points, if you can't tell).
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Achievements for collecting reflections.

(I want 1,000 achievement points, if you can't tell).
    We won't be creating achievements for individual events. As a rule, achievements have to be able to be earned perpetually. Some are removed as the systems they're based on change, but none are created for something we know will end soon.
  • I was hoping for at least a qhonour for the reflections, but that was shot down, but whatever.
  • Can we please just get rid of the Berserker Rage passive damage ticks? They never proc in combat, so they're nothing but flavor, and I am so so so tired of getting this:

Zerin Arkadis, the Inferno says, "Why are you throwing yourself at walls?"

from literally everybody who has never seen it before and then having to explain that we get so uncontrollably mad at nothing that we have to headbutt everything.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Khizan said:

Can we please just get rid of the Berserker Rage passive damage ticks? They never proc in combat, so they're nothing but flavor, and I am so so so tired of getting this:

Zerin Arkadis, the Inferno says, "Why are you throwing yourself at walls?"

from literally everybody who has never seen it before and then having to explain that we get so uncontrollably mad at nothing that we have to headbutt everything.

Does it... make you... want to uncontrollably bash your head into stuff?
  • edited March 2016
    Making a habit now of BUG/TYPO/IDEA'ing stuff rather than posting stuff, but regarding the Wheel since the prize payouts are a bit of a topic of discussion:
    Idea #60835                   Reporter(s): Anette
    Priority: Ideas

Reported by Anette at 2016/03/30 20:02:
    Could it be made so that a truefavour from the wheel adds onto an existing one if you already have
        one?  Specifically, I had days where I got truefavour on the wheel back to back, and I had
        ~70min ish remaining on the first one, only for that to be "lost" since it seems to set the
        favour back to 4h.  "First world problems" maybe, but it'd make it a little less of a pisser
        to get them back to back at least.

• edited April 2016
    Reported by Baasche at 2016/04/01 08:26:
    The skill TAMING DASH is presently pretty much useless because the massive EQ makes it extremely 
    inefficient in basically every situation. With a movement speed of 5 rooms a second(gallop mount and 
    celerity), you would need to be able to move 24 rooms in a single dash to make up for the 4.45s of 
    eq consumed, and that's WITH a diadem. Could the EQ possibly be lowered by a pretty significant 
    amount, or maybe you'd consider allowing the first use of it in <x> seconds to be eq-less, that way 
    you could actually incorporate it into your movement efficiently, while being implemented in a way 
    that makes intelligent use of it more efficient than just random use?
  • Can kennels and stables be used interchangeably. I never understood the difference. 
  • Stables - pets you can MOUNT
    Kennels - pets you CANNOT mount
  • Well, ideally, I'd think mounts could take up their own slot, and you could have 1 pet and 1 mount out.  You could possibly even make that the artifact suggested elsewhere if they don't want to do that as a more general thing.
  • Dicene said:
    Reported by Baasche at 2016/04/01 08:26:
    The skill TAMING DASH is presently pretty much useless because the massive EQ makes it extremely 
    inefficient in basically every situation. With a movement speed of 5 rooms a second(gallop mount and 
    celerity), you would need to be able to move 24 rooms in a single dash to make up for the 4.45s of 
    eq consumed, and that's WITH a diadem. Could the EQ possibly be lowered by a pretty significant 
    amount, or maybe you'd consider allowing the first use of it in <x> seconds to be eq-less, that way 
    you could actually incorporate it into your movement efficiently, while being implemented in a way 
    that makes intelligent use of it more efficient than just random use?
    Has dash been modified to make it harder to use for bypassing guards? That was originally one of the reasons for the prohibitive EQ, the other is that they didn't want to trivialize what's generally accepted as a pretty exclusive class skill.
  • If I'm not mistaken, guards have time to interact with you between rooms now, so dash(and separator) no longer lets you just skip past clots. Not like it's even remotely hard anyway, since siege is almost universally disabled at this time. Also, in the age of ancestral stones and chips on the market, and the 100C artifact that enables dashing, there is no exclusivity to Dash whatsoever.
  • edited April 2016
    Dash actually still lets you bypass guards, or at least did about a week ago.  Sep walking though, is no longer possible to bypass guards with.

Saying there's no exclusivity to dash in skillsets because there are artifacts that provide it for credit investment is a weird argument. Why would IRE nullify the minor credit investment dash takes to get if you don't have it baked in by making it available to anyone with a horse?

Wanna take a stroll?  Pay the toll.

Edit: Forgot why I was here in the first place.

@Eoghan Is it possible for UNSEENEYE LIST to list the names in alphabetical order?  It seems that currently it just plops someone's name somewhere in the list with no real regard to chronological or anything and it's kind of a mess to find out if I have an eye on someone.

If we want to go SUPER quality of life, could the eyes that currently have listen on be a different colour?  Would make my life endlessly happier.
    Today we shall die.