Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Ohm said:
    In MAP LIST - would it be possible to also note how much of each area you have explored?
    Just go to the area and do SURVEY - it will give you a % of area explored.
  • Or just do EXPLORED..
  • My treasure map gave me a shifting anklet of Moradeim, which I already have.

Can we either make these 1) Trade-able, 2) Trade-in value of 30 bound credits, or 3) Not able to receive the same full assembly piece if already possessing it?

Having two anklets of Moradeim is pointless.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • @Garryn

Autocuring's behavior when reckless needs to swap the autosip based on your health/mana priority, and it needs to eat toadstool.
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited March 2016
    Kabaal said:
    @Garryn

Autocuring's behavior when reckless needs to swap the autosip based on your health/mana priority, and it needs to eat toadstool.
    I'm okay with making people sip manually during reckless. It doesn't take -that- much mental overhead to pay attention to the fight and enter commands occasionally.

Edit: Sipping based on priority is hugely sub optimal unless you're reckless a long time, and would be more harmful than helpful in the average situation. 
  • edited March 2016
    @Juran

1. There is currently no way to change what it sips, and it will always sip health as soon as you have sip balance. Threshold to 0 doesn't do it, and priority doesn't impact it. The only option is autocuring off and manually healing entirely. You *can* force the toadstool eat, but that's hardly something you'd have to manual.
    2. A priority toggle would be the manual method you're suggesting you'd like in your edit.

In short: no.
  • Kabaal said:
    @Juran

1. There is currently no way to change what it sips, and it will always sip health. Threshold to 0 doesn't do it, and priority doesn't impact it. The only option is autocuring off and manually healing entirely. You *can* force the toadstool eat, but that's hardly something you'd have to manual.
    2. A priority toggle would be the manual method you're suggesting you'd like in your edit.

In short: no.
    Why would the game presume you'd want to eat toadstool and sip in all situations while reckless? Similarly, why is the game sipping for you at all while reckless? It's taking a lot of control away from the player to sub-optimally automate things like this, and takes very little attention to do yourself.
  • If you want a toggle to turn sips and toadstool off so you can slide in the logic for all of those situations where you're at full health and mana while reckless these days, then I have no objection. That's what I was attempting to do by turning the thresholds to 0%, anyhow, and I was surprised the game assumed I was dead or immortal.
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited March 2016
    It should just presume you're at max health and mana, because that's literally what the reckless affliction does. If you want to cure with incomplete information? That should be on you and not autocuring.
  • That is exactly what Kabaal is saying, it's not ALLOWED to be on him with autocuring on at all because if he sets the threshholds for curing to "dude chill out I -got this-" autocuring goes all "lolno you're drinking this and you'll LIKE IT" anyway if you have recklessness on.

It's not that autocuring is presuming he's at max health and mana just because he has recklessness.  If g-bot knows you have recklessness, it ignores everything about the numbers shown for health or mana and chugs health fast enough to make a seasoned frat boy blush.

I give it about three days after we tell Mathiaus about this behavior and you all become cath bait to his super amazing new tactic for you all to be crying for it to be changed.  I'll start making my "we told you so" sign now.  It will have glitter. 
    Today we shall die.
  • OhmOhm
    edited March 2016
    General question - don't guilds and cities get credits for promotional purchases (like spins etc?)

Maybe they should?
  • Can we have the initial sitara-making process not take an hour?  It is sort of a pain for newbies when they lose their sitara and then have to get someone to find them a corpse, strip it, then wait for the bone to dry, etc.
  • SkolfrSkolfr Neverland
    Update the wiki.

Having an out-of-game resource to tab to makes a huge difference. I'm proficient in Mediawiki markup and would love to take the lead on such a project.
  • edited March 2016
    The wiki at wiki.imperian.com is player maintained. Feel free to log in using your character's credentials and make updates!
    EDIT: I double checked, you must have played for a total of 300 hours to make edits. You may have to work with another player, but you can make updates.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Could we please please please speed up pet training?

Right now the only practical way to level up a pet in any decent time is to set up an autotrainer and AFK all day. Right now you can train roughly once every 30 minutes at roughly 11-15% per train. So, 100 skillpoints at 14 points per train is 8 trains to max a skill. So it takes roughly 4 hours to learn a skill, and my pet can learn 8 skills... we're talking ~32 hours of play time per pet here, which is a bit unreasonable.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Spend some quality time with mr. Whiskers
  • I bugged this a while ago.

Familiars currently can't do the cool [say (neat flavor text here) "spoken words"] that we all know and love.  I would adore that being a thing.  Seeing as how everyone is rocking five thousand familiars these days, I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Today we shall die.
  • Make joining the arena cure drunkenness.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Make joining the arena cure drunkenness.
    How else would you have drunken arena brawls?  Does drunkenness even affect combat in some way?

• Dec said:
    Make joining the arena cure drunkenness.
    How else would you have drunken arena brawls?  Does drunkenness even affect combat in some way?
    Is the second question a serious one? 

With the festival going on, it's not fun joining a teamFFA to receive "You fumble around drunkenly" instead of shooting incendiary and "now targetting: alyesiew instead of alesei. I shouldn't have to commit suicide with an incendiary to participate in an arena event, imho. 

• There's an artifact to cure drunkenness on the fly, and killing yourself is pretty much a nonissue at this point.
    Today we shall die.
  • 3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "I wonder if imperian does easter egg hunts."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "With a giant bunny."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Would be awesome."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Not like, a gem hunt."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "But an EGG HUNT."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Khizan, make this happen."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "And prizes will be jelly beans."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Becuase jelly beans make the world better."
    3:54PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Also I am down to just one bag of sweettart jelly beans. this is a travesty."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I could be wrong but I feel like we have done some sort of egg hunt previously on Imperian for Easter.
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • Khizan said:
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "I wonder if imperian does easter egg hunts."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "With a giant bunny."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Would be awesome."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Not like, a gem hunt."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "But an EGG HUNT."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Khizan, make this happen."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "And prizes will be jelly beans."
    3:53PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Becuase jelly beans make the world better."
    3:54PM: (Ring): Ultrix says, "Also I am down to just one bag of sweettart jelly beans. this is a travesty."

Sorry, all I have are Gems, hearts, frogs, and shots!
  • Don't forget pighunt and ribbonhunt
  • Elokia said:
    Sorry, all I have are Gems, hearts, frogs, and shots!
    I'm honestly really surprised we don't have an easter egg hunt, it seems like such an obvious thing. 

• Since there are many types of tokens these days - would it be possible to identify them with more descriptive identifiers?

creatortoken
    upgradetoken
    tattootoken
    emotiontoken

• Ohm said:
    Since there are many types of tokens these days - would it be possible to identify them with more descriptive identifiers?

creatortoken
    upgradetoken
    tattootoken
    emotiontoken

Ok, done!

They still all respond to 'token' as well.
  • While we're on the subject, is there any way to organize and separate promo/achievement Tokens of the Creator from the standard ones? It can be really difficult to figure out what you can and can't put on the market when you have a whole slew of free tokens and a handful of tradeable ones.