Skip to content

Balance Bonuses

Hey, sorry if this should go somewhere else but I wanted to ask the community as a whole: Just how much of a bonus is +1 balance or EQ supposed to be?

I changed to an Intelligent statpack (Moradeim power, so temporary) after having used capable or athletic the rest of my time playing. I'm in Wytch at the moment, and noticed this:

+1 Balance: Swiftcurse - 1.37s, Curse/Blight - 2.18s (Note, the time on curse or blight might be slightly off. I've not used them in a few.)
Null Balance; Swiftcurse: 2.10s, Curse/Blight - 3.00s

For Swiftcurse this is a speed reduction of approximately 35%. For Curse/Blight a reduction of approximately 27%. Something seems off here. Any thoughts as to what it might be? Someone suggested that it could be the statpack adjusting things at a different time in calculations. Furthermore...that's a massive jump. Much more than I expected from a +1!

Comments

• JuranJuran Ohio
    edited March 2016
    Ignore this.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    It isn't. I was in a pack with +1 balance before, now I'm in one with null balance. (Wytch is a balance-based class). I switched to see how the damage would be, and to see how the speed compared. In any case someone told me that a +1 bonus is supposed to be 10%, which has me scratching my head further. Special situation for Wytch, something else slowing it down? 
  • edited March 2016
    Racial balance and equilibrium modifiers are a 10% multiplier. A number of other factors could be impacting the times you're seeing, but I can say that the racial bonus is behaving appropriately in my testing.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    Racial balance and equilibrium modifiers are a 10% multiplier. A number of other factors could be impacting the times you're seeing, but I can say that the racial bonus is behaving appropriately in my testing.
    It's 10% for Druid, but if he's truly seeing a difference between 1.37 -> 2.10 with other factors not withstanding (we've ruled out a few things already), it does suggest something is amiss.
  • I personally tested wytch and have the following numbers:
    Neutral curse: 2.40. Neutral swiftcurse: 1.50s.
    +1 Balance curse: 2.18s. +1 Balance swiftcurse: 1.37s

While not exactly 10% (due to rounding in the display), the difference is not nearly as wide as the numbers supplied. Every indication from my testing (and auditing the code) shows that racial modifiers are working correctly.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    ...I think I know what the issue is. A moment.
  • Salik said:
    ...I think I know what the issue is. A moment.
    In case you didn't figure it out yet, see if the shield you're using gives you a slower balance due to no longer having the strength to wield it.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Yes. I do know what it is, and the answer is: I'm an idiot. I didn't consider the effect of the shield when I switched statpacks to test. Using a kite shield is fine for me in Athletic, but not in Intelligent. That's where the extra balance came in. Sorry for the trouble, but thank you for helping me figure it out!
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Yeah, I was realizing the shield was the flaw before you posted that. Thanks!