Skip to content

Nexus Scripting

Hi,

I'm very new to scripting. 

I use nexus as a system - because I switch computers 3-4 times a day and it is the only client that offers portability. 

So,  I was wondering if there is a way to:

1) Put up defenses at the start (is there a 'on login' command?
2) Compare defenses against a list and put up whatever is missing?
3) Basic tips on how to create an affliction tracker

Not sure if there are ways to do this.

Thank you. Any help will be appreciated. 

Comments

• RazahkRazahk California
    Ohm said:
    Hi,

I'm very new to scripting. 

I use nexus as a system - because I switch computers 3-4 times a day and it is the only client that offers portability. 

So,  I was wondering if there is a way to:

1) Put up defenses at the start (is there a 'on login' command?
    2) Compare defenses against a list and put up whatever is missing?
    3) Basic tips on how to create an affliction tracker

Not sure if there are ways to do this.

Thank you. Any help will be appreciated. 

I can't help you with 2 and 3, but for number 1 the function onLoad will do for you what you want.

To give you an example, I have a pair of armguards so at start I have:

send_command("tap armguards");
    send_command("autocuring on");

You could set up something similar there for your defenses
  • Create an array or variable set for your defences. The quick and dirty way to do it is simply to set variables like "weathering = 0" for no defence and "weather = 1" for defence.

Then, trigger "Password correct. Welcome to Imperian." to set all defence variables to 0, and bring up defences. From there, trigger the defence lines-- For instance, "A curseward has been established around your person" to set variable curseward to 1.

Having this master list of defences, also trigger "Password correct. Welcome to Imperian" to create a "needs defences" list. For instance, if your standard defence list curseward, weathering, and rage, then you can trigger the end line of defences, "You are protected by 30 defences" to start getting defences. You can accomplish this with an if statement. I don't know the syntax for Nexus, but you'd do something along the lines of "#if (curseward = 0) {#set var cursewardset = 1)", and so on and so forth for all the defences you need.

You'll have to set balance and equilibrium checks, too. Upon "you have recovered balance/equilibrium", if your defence trigger is set to go, then it would put up defences(you can do this by bracketing all your of defences in one big #if statement set to a simple alias to turn it on and off) according to whether or not your have balance and/or equilibrium.

When you put up a defence, trigger the line to #set var cursewardset = 0 and #set curseward 1, and have the list roll down through all your defences. Tada, that's all you need to do. Crappy explanation, I know, but it should get you going in the right direction somewhat.

As for the affliction tracker, it's the same sort of deal. When you hit with an affliction, check that affliction to = 1 as a variable. When they heal it, set 0. Certain afflictions have third party messages, so you can be sure they're cured. Others you'll have to set some sort of guessing or system to(that's where they vary). The tracker itself isn't hard, it's just annoying to get all the lines. Your system logic as to how it determines metrazol has been cured instead of numbness is the hard part-- You'd have some sort of thing that states like, if they've touched tree, then numbness = 0 no matter what.
  • The client has a built in defense and affliction tracker.  GMCP.Defences and GMCP.Afflictions are objects that are continuously updated with your active defences and afflictions.  (Note the c in Defences)