Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• I feel like it'd be great if some sort of lookup system was added for relics. Something similar to AFFLICTION SHOW and ARTIFACT <number> SHOW. Maybe a RELIC INFO <name> sort of deal? Something easier than digging through a 5 page long alphabetized help file would be lovely. =D
  • Standardize Promo and Artifact Commands

I see tradein works differently in both. Can they be standardized

• Can we please get a way to see how many paid spins we have left. At this time there is no way (or I don't know about it)

Thank you.
  • Gladiator pits

Can the Gladiators have short names to place bets on - 

Typing really long names gets my fingers all tied up :(
  • Ohm, you are the definition of first world problems.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    A minor thing that we had in Lusternia that is really nice: 

PROBE or LOOK <item> HERE - using here at the end has it check in the room instead of your inventory. Makes it easier to target!
  • Is it possible to enable search within packs and containers

PROBE <container> <search term>
  • Ohm said:
    Is it possible to enable search within packs and containers

PROBE <container> <search term>
    There is the CONTAINERLIST <search> command that does that.
  • edited March 2016
    I'd like to see some sort of mechanism that allows a sect to set things up to allow people to favour and/or high favour themselves only, and to be able to do so only in 1 hour increments.  This would be so that more sects would feel more comfortable allowing their lowest ranked members to favour themselves.  We pretty much immediately uprank people in Conquest to unlimited favours once we see they're hunting a lot and trying to level, and that works for us, but I think we're an exception.  There is another sect, that until fairly recently allowed even its lowest ranked members to favour, for example, but I think they got understandably nervous - and they did remove that ability.  And having people who are hunting always favoured is best for everyone.  People are usually pretty generous about doing it if you ask and they're not AFK, but that's often the exact problem.  
  • Jules said:
    I'd like to see some sort of mechanism that allows a sect to set things up to allow people to favour and/or high favour themselves only, and to be able to do so only in 1 hour increments.  This would be so that more sects would feel more comfortable allowing their lowest ranked members to favour themselves.  We pretty much immediately uprank people in Conquest to unlimited favours once we see they're hunting a lot and trying to level, and that works for us, but I think we're an exception.  There is another sect, that until fairly recently allowed even its lowest ranked members to favour, for example, but I think they got understandably nervous - and they did remove that ability.  And having people who are hunting always favoured is best for everyone.  People are usually pretty generous about doing it if you ask and they're not AFK, but that's often the exact problem.  
    An extension on this - I would like better tools to see how much belief *I PERSONALLY* am using.  You can more or less do this with belieflog, but it's clunky, and you have to filter through everyone else.  I don't care about anyone else, as I'm not sect head or something, but I would like to better track how much I'm using so I know I'm not leeching.
  • edited March 2016
    Anette said:
    Jules said:
    An extension on this - I would like better tools to see how much belief *I PERSONALLY* am using.  You can more or less do this with belieflog, but it's clunky, and you have to filter through everyone else.  I don't care about anyone else, as I'm not sect head or something, but I would like to better track how much I'm using so I know I'm not leeching.
    I am not against this, but you should know, in Conquest, if you are a lower level person, we actually almost expect that you might be "leeching" a bit.  And that is fine.  Getting you to a higher level (and hopefully eventually to aspect) is the overarching goal, and benefits everyone.  It is soooo easy for our power players to bash belief, that if younger members aren't bashing back every bit of belief they use (especially if unartied), we really don't care.  I was almost going to send this to you personally, but I kind of hope that every sect feels this way, belief allowing.  As long as you are somewhat sensitive to things like "we just built several shrines" and belief is at less than 20% today, I can't imagine us ever thinking any less of someone for this.  I used to worry soooo much about the same thing, and to be honest, I still do.  I like that you are worried about it, because it shows you are probably a conscientious person, but um, try not to.  
  • It is basically impossible to leech if you're bashing at all. Conquest has more than 1,000,000+ belief generated per day right now, with most days being over 2,500,000.  

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Whether it's an issue or not, I don't like the feeling I might be taking more than I put in, and I *do* go pretty heavy on the favours (protection/fortune/highfavour usually, sometimes also alertness and stealth)
  • The thing you need to remember about the Favours ritual group is that it is impossible to spend more than you contribute on rituals. The only way you can be a net negative on faith is via highfavours, and that's vanishingly unlikely unless you are intentionally chunking belief with giant highfavours.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited March 2016
    So don't give myself a 24 hour highfavour?  Got it :P

[edit]: Actually, there's an idea, it might be useful for sects if they could limit giving favours/highfavours of certain length to various ranks.
  • 24hr highfavour is still easy to earn that belief back. There were two or three days where I gave myself 4/5/6hr highfavours and earned more than double that required belief in <2 hours. If you're bashing a lot, belief is a non-factor, especially in places like DP / Khous etc. If you can do ebonmarrows and such, then that's even better.
  • Yeah, I suppose.  It's probably not a huge concern, I'd just feel more confident if I could see exact numbers.  And you can in belieflog, but it's clunky and everyone else is in there too.  For something like Conquest, that's a lotta people.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    For those of you using Mudlet:

Commands:

BLOG - Runs a belief log check and displays a composite of everything.
    BLOG # - As above, but checks the log of previous days. Works similar to in-game logs. BLOG 1 will show yesterday's, 2, the day before, etc.
  • Unfortunately playing from Linux I don't think either of those clients are an option for me, but thank you for the snippets all the same.
    I might see if I can program something for this linux dealy I'm on.
  • Anette said:
    Unfortunately playing from Linux I don't think either of those clients are an option for me, but thank you for the snippets all the same.
    The solution is to create a virtual Mac OS on Linux in order to run virtual Windows on that virtual Mac to run Mudlet in order to run Iniar's program running on Imperian.
  • edited March 2016
    Gurn said:
    The solution is to create a virtual Mac OS on Linux in order to run virtual Windows on that virtual Mac to run Mudlet in order to run Iniar's program running on Imperian.
    Said in best Gollum impression: it burnss ussss!

[Edit]: Actually, if I do come up with something, I notice there's like a repository of code snippets on the sites?  Is there a way to submit it to that or are they just picked up from the forum, or?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Salik said:
    For those of you using Mudlet:

Commands:

BLOG - Runs a belief log check and displays a composite of everything.
    BLOG # - As above, but checks the log of previous days. Works similar to in-game logs. BLOG 1 will show yesterday's, 2, the day before, etc.

Senali said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/a7d5624b

Iniar should give his out more :P

I actually wouldn't use mine unless you've got a compelling reason to keep records beyond 30 days. The read/write is expensive and will slow you down.

Salik's method is easier and faster to manipulate;

a display method to sort by total, gain and loss:

Code:

function succinct(parameter)

local t = {}

local p = parameter or "total"

for k,v in pairs(beliefLog) do

local a = tonumber(v.gain) or 0

local b = tonumber(v.loss) or 0

local c = a - b

table.insert(t, { user = tostring(k), gain = a, loss = b, total = c })

end

table.sort(t, function (k1,k2) return k1[p] > k2[p] end)

return t

end

function altDisplay()

totalGain = 0

totalLoss = 0

cecho("\n<GhostWhite>BELIEF LOG\n")

cecho("\n<GhostWhite>Name Generated Used Total")

cecho("\n<turquoise>-----------------------------------------------------------------")

local t = succinct("loss") -- change here to "gain", "loss", or empty

for i=1,#t do

local n = t[i]

totalGain = totalGain + n.gain

totalLoss = totalLoss + n.loss

n.gain = string.format("%"..25-string.len(n.user).."s", n.gain)

n.loss = string.format("%15s", n.loss)

n.total = string.format("%15s", n.total)

cecho("\n<turquoise>"..n.user.."<green>"..n.gain.."<red>"..n.loss.."<purple>"..n.total)

end

cecho("\n<turquoise>-----------------------------------------------------------------")

cecho("\n<GhostWhite>Total:<green>" ..string.format("%19s", totalGain).."<red>"..string.format("%15s",totalLoss).."<purple>"..string.format("%15s", totalGain - totalLoss))

end

Replace this in the alias:

tempTimer(1.0,[[beliefDisplay()]])

with

tempTimer(1, [[altDisplay()]] )

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Yeah. I didn't care enough to code in a sorting method, but that's useful if you do!

• IniarIniar Australia
    Also:

commaThis = function(amount)

local formatted = amount

while true do

formatted, k = string.gsub(formatted, "^(-?%d+)(%d%d%d)", '%1,%2')

if (k==0) then

break

end

end

return formatted

end

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • There is no way to recreate the functionality of:

UNWIELD LEFT | UNWIELD RIGHT | WIELD SWORD | WIELD SHIELD

with QUICKDRAW, since QUICKDRAW attempts to wield the two item slots as LEFT and RIGHT, even when you don't specify that you care which item goes in which hand. IMO, it'd be a cool improvement to make it focus on attempting to wield them in order. That way, if you used QUICKDRAW SWORD SHIELD with a broken left hand you end up wielding the sword, unlike how it currently works where that command with a broken left arm means you end up wielding the shield.
  • Anette said:
    Unfortunately playing from Linux I don't think either of those clients are an option for me, but thank you for the snippets all the same.
    Mudlet is available on linux.  It's even in some distros' repostiories.
  • The 3.0 releases of Mudlet actually work better in Linux than on Windows, since the sound functions are broke for Windows users in 3.0.
  • Dec said:
    Mudlet is available on linux.  It's even in some distros' repostiories.
    Can it run from the CLI?  I'm not able to init to graphics mode on all the places/devices I'm playing from.