Skip to content

New Artifacts Wishlist

Comments

• I'm looking for more suggestions, let's be SERIOUS in our suggestions please. Thank you!
  • edited January 2016
    Combat artifacts are bad, so these aren't combat relevant - mostly, because one can always dream! Some are also silly, but they can't all be serious. Grain of salt.

A anklet of truesilver weights
    Prevents the user from being pushed out of the room by mob attacks. Potentially would only work on mobs that can be critted, to prevent boss fight cheesing.

A bottle of infused armour polish
    Prevents the user from being affected by mob entangling attacks by providing a layer of lubricant. See notes above.

An inscribed ring of self-empowerment
    Allows the user to BECOME CHAMPION, granting apprentice status regardless of ritual or location. The ultimate gift for someone with no friends!

A vibrating stone of divine attunement
    Allows the holder to use the RELICS command to sense relics active in the area. Does not apply to relics that are inactive or on cooldown, only those activated or with persistent effects. Does not give locations of these effects.

A circlet of shard fragments
    When worn, grants defense from SHARD WATCH and fulfills said requirement for further skills (such as PATH FIND SHARD), with no upkeep cost.

A shard-infused remote hemocytometer
    Allows the user to gauge another's bleeding levels, by GAUGE <target>. Requires and consumes equilibrium, but may be used off-balance. (Alternatively, a cooldown on use would suffice)

A charm chewer
    When placed in one's inventory, automatically eats all charms on their way in. Clear your inventory for good!

A glove of a thousand straps
    While worn, all wielded items are automatically treated as if they have a wriststrap attached. Never fall victim to decay times again!

A bloody chain of entrapment
    Acts like a refilling ethereal chain - contains a single charge which is depleted on use, and refreshes upon either a) accumulating some threshold of mob kills, or b) on the month change. Vital artifact for those unlucky saps who aren't around for chain promos.

A beacon of the moons
    Allows the user to ACTIVATE BEACON FOR <monolith type>. For the next 15 minutes, all players in the area will be able to sense the power of an additional five monoliths of the chosen type. Can only be used once every four IC days.

A folder of endless disorganization
    Automatically stores away all loose atlas pages in your inventory. Can PROBE FOLDER for a neat list of which pages you possess. All pages can be interacted with as if they are in the user's inventory otherwise (see: giving them away, promo market, etc.).

A tinfoil hat of enhanced security
    While worn, prevents the user from being spied on via seraph/ouroboros mindread, telepathy sapience, and torment unseeneye. Only applies to the user - outgoing tells, or reports from another's unseeneye, are unaffected. For paranoia you can't just treat with wormwood.

A truesilver flea collar
    Renders the user immune to the gypsy's curse - furthermore, attempting to cast the curse on the wearer will deflect it to the user!

Goggles of undeath
    Take no notice of the undead spawning from Death's Door (is this the right quest? I'm terrible about these things). Be unable to see their movement or interact with them until removed - no accidentally hitting one of a group of fifty. Never see dead people again!

Red = probably better suited as a token ware

• edited January 2016
    Combat artifacts are bad, so these aren't combat relevant - mostly, because one can always dream!

A bloody chain of entrapment
    Acts like a refilling ethereal chain - contains a single charge which is depleted on use, and refreshes upon either a) accumulating some threshold of mob kills, or b) on the month change. Vital artifact for those unlucky saps who aren't around for chain promos.

ahaha..wait, what? Have you been into the crazy sauce?
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • A folder of endless disorganization
    Automatically stores away all loose atlas pages in your inventory. Can PROBE FOLDER for a neat list of which pages you possess. All pages can be interacted with as if they are in the user's inventory otherwise (see: giving them away, promo market, etc.).

Take my tokens/credits!

• A girdle of anger management/A medallion of ultimate deforestation/a hammer of wall elimination:
    Remove the banging of head against random walls and trees that berserkers suffer from while having the rage defence active.

An amulet of sobriety:
    Cure yourself of drunkenness once per rl day, just to troll all your friends.

A bloody hacksaw of freedom:
    Allows the cutting of ethereal chains once per rl day.

A medallion of Aryana/Moradeim/Sukhder:
    Cuts the cooldown for the tier 5 aspect power for the respective type by 33%.

A compass of power:
    Half the balance of the powernodes ability.

A munitions crate:
    Generates up to 4 bombs of random types per day.

Maybe better versions of the disruptor/incinerator/desublimator (honestly I am just lazy and want nondecay ones).

You could also probably make a couple of the big artefacts more attractive. The stone figurine kind of sucks now (stone being a more valuable commodity than shards reallistically). The seer's eye is kind of absurd (I can't bring myself to even reallistically save for it, and I'm usually pretty good at talking myself into these things).

Morphing weapons are also a potential option, though I'm not sure if you guys want to keep those as auction only.

• Probably coding a few of these over the next couple days. Get your last minute ideas in.

• (I thought a similar item already existed for design patterns but couldn't find it in the help files)

a crafter's portfolio
    prevents a crafter's designs from expiring
  • Ultrix said:
    (I thought a similar item already existed for design patterns but couldn't find it in the help files)

a crafter's portfolio
    prevents a crafter's designs from expiring
    This was actually done away with in favor of 2 credit preservation for designs. The syntax for usage is DESIGN ### PRESERVE and it requires you to have 2 credits bound to your character.
  • Ario said:
    A folder of endless disorganization

Take my tokens/credits!

This for just all promo stuff, please. I've got a pack of 200+ loose promo things that are an awful disorganized mess no matter what I do with it.
  • Mentor's Plaque - This would function like the mentor's scroll promotion item, but would have infinite uses. You'd only be able to use it on one person at a time, though, and the cooldown would be exactly as long as it lasts - 24 hours. I love the idea of this item, it's a great option for mitigating the climb to permanent Aspect-level health and mana, and represents a step in the right direction. Please let me buy this.

• SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Caelya said:
    Mentor's Plaque - This would function like the mentor's scroll promotion item, but would have infinite uses. You'd only be able to use it on one person at a time, though, and the cooldown would be exactly as long as it lasts - 24 hours. I love the idea of this item, it's a great option for mitigating the climb to permanent Aspect-level health and mana, and represents a step in the right direction. Please let me buy this.
    Especially as nice as it was to have that 24 hours of bonus on health and mana!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Auction Artifact:

grants access to Pursue.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    Auction Artifact:

grants access to Pursue.
    I was just thinking about that, there is definitely not yet enough of Trailblazing available as artifacts.
  • Would it be possible for an artifact that prevents decay of items if you are away for a long time from the game. I invariably come back naked, without any curatives and having to invest everything again. 

• If you drop two tokens on the vialbelt, you can just spend like 1200 gold on vials and be curing again with no problems.

Here's an idea for an existing artifact, though: Sell me one artifact vial for one token. The artifact vials are useless enough that I'll never drop 40cr on one, but they're nice enough I wouldn't mind using elite tokens to slowly acquire a set of never-decay vials to go along with my never-decay vialbelt. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited January 2016
    An artifact that gives you lure would be awesome.

Maybe on that would only work on mobs if that's possible.
  • We are considering allowing a 10-credit purchase that would provide a returning player with the necessities to get back into the action. All of these would be standard items with normal (or maybe shortened) decay timers.

Currently, I'm thinking:
    • One of each curative vial
    • One of each toxin
    • A weapon based on last active class (and specialization where appropriate)
    • Armor based on last active class

I'm looking for input before we implement this, though. If we do this, we want it to be usable. The idea is for it to be the necessities to get a quick jump back into the action.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited January 2016

10 credits is astronomically overpriced. You could sell TWO credits and get enough gold for all of that stuff with some change left over. You're talking about like maybe 25k in gold costs for 135k worth of credits here.

Honestly, if their lastlogin is, say, longer than 60 days ago you should just give them all that junk for free. Give the weapon and armor a 7-day decay timer or something, so they need to replace it soon but still have ample time to do so. That stuff costs you nothing to make, it is of negligible value, and if you keep just one player because of it it'll be more than worth it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• That was actually a mistake - I intended to write 5, not 10 credits. I'm alright with a surcharge for convenience. However, the point is to re-engage players and get them back in the game, so that may not be the case here. We'll discuss pricing and the possibility of something like that being free.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited January 2016
    Vialbelts are 100% necessary
    Pipes/Tinderbox
    Pack/Kitbag
    At least 10k gold (they're paying credits man)

I launch all of this crap onto every novice I see, and like Khizan said, if even one of them comes online a second time it was worth the 3-5 who did not. This should just be a thing. Go to a spot in your city and talk to an NPC and they'll give you 1 free set of things before level 60 and 1 free set of things prior to level 60 (separate noobs / inactives). Basically just revamp Mark. It's not worth credits.

Edit: It's not worth credits unless you can give it to somebody else ***
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Or make the NPC give them the items with a gold loan they have to pay back over time lol. (Otherwise random NPC assassin hit)
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • What about an even bigger vorpal shard, artifact pack, and translucent glass box?
  • edited February 2016
    A Truesilver Lance
    3 or 4 Tokens

Crafted by the Divine, this lance is forged from the finest crystehl and silver. It is the symbol of a true knight.

Allows the knight to effectively use the JOUST command without incurring a penalty for not practicing in the lists.

Can BLUNT LANCE to transition to a jousting lance for utility purposes.

Will need a forge to HONE LANCE to return it to it's original shape for combat.

----------------

I only note this because having to invest time into a minigame for what is essentially a cool impale command is ridiculous, also it costs 7 ingots for a lance, and decays in 60 months.

While I'm at it, allow SOULSPEARS to be used with the JOUST command providing higher utility for a Deathknight?

<3

• I second the token lance idea. Me and Iniar invested literally hours and hundreds of lances into jousting practice and I only ended up Gifted. Especially since IIRC you lose experience on an actual loss, so you don't even level it simultaneously. It's rough. =(
  • Can the Forboding Stone pleaaaaaaaaaase get an option for "alert when they enter area only"?

• Dicene said:
    I second the token lance idea. Me and Iniar invested literally hours and hundreds of lances into jousting practice and I only ended up Gifted. Especially since IIRC you lose experience on an actual loss, so you don't even level it simultaneously. It's rough. =(

As a note, you win more than you lose, so if you wintrade with somebody you'll eventually trans Jousting.

This is how Ultrix is a Transcendent Jouster and Khizan is a 99% Mythical Jouster. I hit Trans first and then she stole it because she is the worst.

• Bow scope - Arrows never miss

• AB ENGINEERING BOWSCOPE

Requires a Spyglass, and a Forge.

ATTACH SPYGLASS TO BOW

• JuranJuran Ohio
    edited February 2016
    Ario said:
    A Truesilver Lance
    3 or 4 Tokens

Crafted by the Divine, this lance is forged from the finest crystehl and silver. It is the symbol of a true knight.

Allows the knight to effectively use the JOUST command without incurring a penalty for not practicing in the lists.

Joust at least used to be absurdly overpowered, and the investment of time into jousting for accuracy was the only reason it wasn't used in every single team fight. If it's still a long writhe with zero pre-requisites that instantly works on anyone not mounted and prones them, it should probably also be nerfed before being made easier to use.
  • Juran said:
    Ario said:
    A Truesilver Lance
    3 or 4 Tokens

Joust at least used to be absurdly overpowered, and the investment of time into jousting for accuracy was the only reason it wasn't used in every single team fight. If it's still a long writhe with zero pre-requisites that instantly works on anyone not mounted and prones them, it should probably also be nerfed before being made easier to use.
    Ah, completely. I'll run some tests on it to see how long the writhe is compared to standard impale, and update them here later. I still think either reducing the comms needed to forge the lance, or extending it's usefulness would be grand.