Skip to content

Owned

Comments

• H:209/553 M:305/381 B:0 <-- pp> <db> X: 75.32
    Vasharr focuses on the disturbances within his life aura and sends them latching at yours.
    You quiver as a powerful red light envelops you violently, rapidly draining your strength.
    You have been slain by Vasharr.
    You are no longer mounted on a magnificent bourbon-red turkey.
    You have nothing that can be stored in the Rift.
    A gritty sandling falls out of your inventory.
    Your starburst tattoo flares as the world is momentarily blurred in white light.
    Damage Taken: 216 magickal, mental (raw damage: 188)
    H:553/553 M:381/381 B:0 <eb pp> <> X: 75.32
    Vasharr quickly eats a maidenhair leaf.
    H:553/553 M:381/381 B:0 <eb pp> <> X: 75.32
    You take 1 juniper berry, bringing the total to 1409.
    You quickly eat a juniper berry.
    Silence engulfs you as your hearing fades.
    H:553/553 M:381/381 B:0 <eb pp> <d> X: 75.32
    I see no "body" to take.
    You hold no 'turkey182822'.
    You climb up on a magnificent bourbon-red turkey.
    Your battleaxe momentum is not sufficient to enter that stance.
    You rub some strychnine on a truesilver battleaxe.
    You reave Vasharr furiously with a truesilver battleaxe.
    Extreme heat roars through Vasharr's body at the touch of a truesilver battleaxe.
    Your strychnine toxin has affected Vasharr.
    You rub some strychnine on a truesilver battleaxe.
    You reave Vasharr furiously with a truesilver battleaxe.
    The final blow proves too much for Vasharr, who falls to the floor a broken, bloody mess.
    You have slain Vasharr.

DOUBLE KO!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• A massive terrifying snowman lets loose a deafening roar, forcing you to grab your head in pain.
    =====Caelbrook HAS BEEN SLAIN!!!!!!!!=====
    A massive terrifying snowman has slain Caelbrook.
    Damage Taken: 276 psychic (raw damage: 539)
    You pick up the corpse of Caelbrook.
    You drop the corpse of Caelbrook.
    You take 10 gold bone dust, bringing the total to 4984.
    You take some gold bone dust and sprinkle it all over the corpse of Caelbrook. As the dust infuses the unmoving body,
    Caelbrook suddenly opens her eyes, alive once more.
    Balance Taken: 5.60s
    H:604 M:665 B:0 <e- db>
    H:604 M:665 B:0 <e- db>
    A massive terrifying snowman lets loose a deafening roar, forcing you to grab your head in pain.
    =====Caelbrook HAS BEEN SLAIN!!!!!!!!=====
    A massive terrifying snowman has slain Caelbrook.
    Damage Taken: 310 psychic (raw damage: 603)

:(
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • That snowman REALLY did not like me. :( 

I take art commissions on request! Visit my website for commission info and more art!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Bad luck, @Fensrun:

468[73] 341[71] e- db 0 0 67.09 0 0 0 
    Fensrun steps aboard the chariot and firmly grasps the reins.
    Fensrun concentrates briefly and a terrifying visage of Cadmus, the cursed shaman appears briefly in front of you, wreathed in flames.
    The visage glares at you and a strange feeling descends upon you.
    You are afflicted with hallucinations.
    You are afflicted with addiction.
    Fensrun's hands briefly turn black.
    Fensrun moves her hands rapidly in front of you.
    Air moves chaotically around you and you feel your patience vanish.
    Damage Taken: 40 magickal, mental (raw damage: 49)
    Fensrun passes her hand in front of you. You feel an invisible claw brush the back of your skull.
    You are afflicted with madness.
    428[67] 341[71] e- db 0 0 67.09 0 0 0 
    Autocuring: purge blood
    That action is too complex for your poor little brain to handle, and you decide to just stare vacantly instead.
    Ichimoru takes a long drag off his pipe, exhaling a thick, white haze.
    Mathiaus takes a drink from a black vial bearing a pentagram.
    Mathiaus quickly eats a toadstool.
    Fensrun takes a drink from a withered rose vial.
    Fensrun quickly eats a toadstool.
    You may eat another herb or plant.
    Autocuring: eat maidenhair
    You take 1 maidenhair leaf, bringing the total to 1015.
    You quickly eat a maidenhair leaf.
    Your pores cease secreting the oily substance.
    You have cured slickness.
    Autocuring: purge blood
    Mana Lost: 6
    You concentrate on purging your body of foreign toxins.
    Your paralysis fades and you can move once more.
    You have cured paralysis.
    Your nerves burn as you strain to rid yourself of an ailment.
    Damage Taken: 31 fire, mental (raw damage: 60)
    396[62] 335[69] e- db 0 0 67.09 0 0 0 
    Mathiaus quickly eats a piece of kelp.
    Mathiaus's skin color returns to normal and his sweating subsides.
    A swirling vortex violently spins about the room.
    The whirling daegger plunges into your flesh.
    Damage Taken: 22 cutting, physical (raw damage: 63)
    An attack on your immune system causes your body to feel weak.
    You are afflicted with hemotoxin.
    374[58] 335[69] e- db 0 0 67.09 0 0 0 
    A phoenix-fire cobra's hood flares as it darts forward to bite Mathiaus.
    Mathiaus appears confused.
    You cease your reaving fury.
    Ooh look! A lovely lake. Perhaps you'll dive in!
    You leap up and attempt a graceful swan dive...right into the solid ground.
    You are afflicted with prone.
    374[58] 335[69] e- pdb 0 0 67.09 0 0 0 
    Autocuring: kipup
    You spring up from the ground to your feet.
    You have cured prone.
    The fierce sun ripples across your skin like the fury of a firestorm.
    Damage Taken: 15 fire (raw damage: 31)
    Temperature rises noticeably as a swirling vortex above Ichimoru's head starts spewing fire directly at Mathiaus.
    Searing fire spews out at Mathiaus from Ichimoru's wormhole, twirling chaotically around his body.
    359[56] 335[69] e- db 0 0 67.09 0 0 0 
    You have recovered balance.
    359[56] 335[69] eb db 0 0 67.09 0 0 0 
    Mathiaus nods grimly at his Ouroboros, and it advances rapidly towards you, stopping mere inches from your face. The demon's many eyes glow brightly, and it releases an eerie scream that leaves you reeling and weak.
    Damage Taken: 216 psychic, mental (raw damage: 283)
    The whispering in your mind subsides.
    You have cured madness.
    The onslaught leaves your mind reeling, but the effects of madness are gone.
    143[22] 335[69] eb db 0 0 67.09 0 0 0 
    Fensrun steps aboard the chariot and firmly grasps the reins.
    Fensrun places both hands on either side of your head and stares straight into your eyes. A ghostly ochre light gleams from her pupils and shoots into your eyes, and your mind expands with alien and strange visions.
    143[22] 335[69] eb db 0 0 67.09 0 0 0 
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I stole an 11-affliction flay from Wysrias with enlighten a few days ago. Karma was out to get me!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    To be fair, enlighten should always trump an 11-affliction flay!
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/b9167dad

How did @Eldreth prevent my writhe from completing?

Writhe handled by autocuring, no related triggers.
  • I adopted my lover's sworn enemy. And this is why I should not play Imperian with 3 hours of sleep. Self Ownage. :D

• Katal said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/b9167dad

How did @Eldreth prevent my writhe from completing?

Writhe handled by autocuring, no related triggers.
    At a glance, it looks like a long-standing bug with autocuring, where it will start writhing again once you've recovered balance (and thus resetting the writhe). Not sure, though.

• Diabolist. How does one get around paralysis/metrazol/peace? If the damage were tankable, I don't see how I'd get past that full time hinder.

• edited January 2016
    Your tree died at the start of the fight, and I'm not sure if you're trans antidotes? - so both of those were pretty significant knocks to your healing.

You paused autocuring to mark return, which delayed curing impatience and numbness by an entire round - and then some while you recovered from the double sleep. That put you way behind, quickly.

It also appears you don't have curseward, since his breach did nothing, which means his affliction rate is going to be significantly higher.

All in all, a lot of things worked against you there. Diabolist affliction rate is pretty high, and Ahkan's damage is basically maxed out for what the profession offers, so your margin of error is going to be slim.

EDIT: You should also look at your priorities. Diab wants nothing more than for you to not cure impatience.

• Putting myself behind one round doesn't seem to matter when he can loop hinder afflictions faster than can be cured mechanically (althought I might have been able to touch tree again right before dying, if I wanted to bother to cure numb). It's bizarre that Deadeyes does damage at all, let alone uninderable, untankable damage.

In my experience, this isn't balanced.
  • The big problem with Diabolist is that everything they do hinders you while nothing you do can hinder them, which gives them an utterly huge advantage in 1v1 and makes them almost unbeatable. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Katal said:
    Putting myself behind one round doesn't seem to matter when he can loop hinder afflictions faster than can be cured mechanically (althought I might have been able to touch tree again right before dying, if I wanted to bother to cure numb). It's bizarre that Deadeyes does damage at all, let alone uninderable, untankable damage.

In my experience, this isn't balanced.
    It's really hard to judge whether or not something is balanced when you make several pretty important mistakes. You're missing the core defense against the profession, your priorities are letting him stack mental afflictions no problem, and you paused curing at a really poor time. You also targeted him as 'khan' for a round which probably didn't help.

Ahkan has a lot of artifacts to augment his damage, and you do not have a lot of artifacts to augment your defense. If you think that's painful, you should try getting hit in the face with Septus' axe.

• I can shield, rebound and toxin hinder Septus' axe. Plus out heal his afflictions. His damage may be high, but it is balanced by the fact that I can fight back.
  • And you can also prioritize against Diabolist and cure much more optimally than you did there. It's fine to bring up potential balance issues, but affliction offenses do require specific priorities and optimizing those priority shifts to survive at the upper end - it's how those professions succeed. Stock priorities against, say, Outrider, put you in a terrible situation just as quickly, even if it seems like it sneaks up on you more.

• You're both right, really. Katal's priorities were bad and curseward will help a bit. On the other hand, diab being the one practically unhinderable aff class is pretty meh, though.

You should probably just accept you're not going to out aff one and move on to other options. You're fortunate that as a ranger, you're better off in that department than a lot of profs.

• ...aff class.

That dps, though.

• The hinder is the big thing, IMO.

Fighting a Diabolist is horrible because their offense inherently hinders you while it's impossible to hinder them in return, so you're fighting uphill the whole way.

• You didn't make it far enough into your offense for Metrazol to actually play any part in that fight. Also, vault is not any more effective than normal run against gravehands. Should have the same proc rate, you're just losing your mount and eating a 1.1s(approx?) bal knock when you actually move. Atlas travel is faster than Mark Return, IIRC. I think Mark Return is like, 3.5+ seconds, while 5 page atlas travel is what, 2.75 or so?

Besides the number of mistakes on your part that others have pointed out, and the obvious arti difference if he's doing that much more than his raw damage with that attack(I'm guessing you don't have trans'd minis? also, magick's bane makes a huge difference), the matchup there is terrible for you. Ranger's few hindering options are all useless against Diab, and they can actually just slap on the right affs right after you prone to completely ruin your setup. It's probably one of the most lopsided matchups in the game.

Maybe take solace in the fact that Diab now is actually much less annoying than it was a year ago? =P
  • I have trans Constitution. Next goals are Antidotes and Survival (up to Recovery, 1300 lessons to go :( ). Then tackle the beast of non static curing.

I want to be top tier, show me your logs so I can learn. I really do want to see someone effectively fight against that.

And the balance loss on gravehands stacks with vault's? I had no idea. I just do it because I can spam vault, whereas, unless things are different here, I can't spam against gravehands.
  • You should be attacking and defending, attacking and defending. If you can't maintain momentum, then don't try to. As a Ranger, you have the ability to excel in such tactics.

• No, gravehands doesn't stack with vault. I mean that if you successfully vault when you could have successfully walked, you just wasted balance. Diab doesn't have block, so if an exit isn't walled in and there is no rubble effect down, walk is more efficient than vault. And the lack of full speed Purge, Tree, and Curseward really is a big deal against aff classes. Efforts to balance aff-offenses are pretty much solely based on someone with full speed Purge, Tree, Curseward, and Focus.

I'm don't think you'll ever be able to beat a good Diab consistently as a Ranger, partly because Ranger isn't in great shape right now(I've heard most of AM call it a terrible class), but largely because it really is just that poor of a matchup(I've played as the Ranger in that situation back when Diab had Confusion and Bloodworms, it was hell). Fixing the obvious mistakes(shield doesn't block eyes, so it's generally not worth using in that fight) will do a lot to make the fight last longer, as will having full aff curing capabilities. Top that off with better priorities and the fight duration will definitely increase, giving you more time to try and prep your only real kill method.

One last tip. Keep in mind that Ranger's primary kill pressure persists for 60 seconds after each hit. Limb classes are the only classes that can actually bail on a fight long enough to cure some affs/health/mana and get back in without losing any real progress.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    I'm just trying to figure out what was causing that damage from Evileyes. It's stronger than I can get from Belial with a curse! Then again, Wytchen have two ways to just ignore Curseward, which makes a difference.
  • Salik: AB ANIMATE.

Rebounding and shield do actually slow Diab, because they affect daegger—especially important because that's the only source of metrazol and hemotoxin. Not that I'd recommend shielding, but rebounding would've been a good idea. It's one more little thing, and the pile of little things adds up to a big thing.

Peace is a pretty strong affliction. Changing it has been on the shopping list of the Super Secret Demonic PK Cabal (membership: 1) for a while, if only so that rage can get a nerf, if only so that tarot is less of a punchline against knights and Berserkers. I imagine everyone is holding their breath for the revamps, and either hoping that Diabolist gets the Berserker treatment or comes nowhere close.
  • Today I learned Diabolist can attack prone.

Classleads will be a bloodbath.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Report #80 - ARCHIVED
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Submitted by: Dreacor        Status      : Rejected                 
    Skillset    : Evileye        Skillname   : Deadeyes
    Problem:
    Few classes can attack while prone, and no class should be able to deliver a full round of main attack while prone and continue to do so. The Diabolist is an outlier and can cast deadeyes while prone.
    Solution #1:
    Remove the ability to cast Deadeyes while prone.
    Solution #2:
    Remove the ability to cast Deadeyes while prone but allow the Diabolist to cast a single evileye affliction.
    Solution #3:
    Decision:
    While deadeyes work prone, the other components of Diabolist offense do not. At this time, I see no reason for this change.

• edited January 2016
    Decision:
    While deadeyes work prone, the other components of Diabolist offense do not. At this time, I see no reason for this change.

What components don't work prone?

Does Nightmare Hellsight pause while prone? No.
    Does Deathaura pause? No.
    Can't they use all active Ouroboros abilities while prone, including Sap/Catharsis? 
    Can't they use Daegger Hunt prone? Yes.

99% of their regular offense available prone.

Looking forward to the next classlead round.
  • Bloodworms got deleted, they're not a thing after the last(?) classlead round.
  • Can't cath while prone, no.