Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Oystir said:
    However, when I try to recreate the problem in the web client it does not seem to be happening.

You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • a glowing ice shard,

The glittering surface of this strange shard has an almost mirror-like sheen. Its edges pulse with the power of primordial cold, the slightest touch sufficient to unleash the frigid energies hidden within.

A jagged ice shard lies here, its depths emanating the primordial power of cold.

So what is this thing? It doesn't have a decay time, I don't see a quest associated with it on quest list, I found it one day. No clue what it does. Any ideas?
  • ...So I read a few things on the news and some other people told me some stuff and what the hell is going on

Kinsarmar and stavenn?

Antioch letting magick people in and allying with the horde?

Svorai died?

I got a champion thingymajigger token without logging in for X months/years?

wat
  • Basically, everything is awesome.

• But who's cool with who and who's part of who's team? Who's living the dream?
  • Gurn said:
    But who's cool with who and who's part of who's team? Who's living the dream?
    @Gurn

Hi Gurn long time no see. Basically, Ithaqua = dead as always. Antioch went, we like conflict and will do every bad idea. We will be the ultimate bad guys to have everyone fight against, in the recent shade arc. Kinsarmar and Stavenn went, wow, we both agree on something and that Antioch must be stopped from bringing nightmare creatures into this plane. Cause doing that is just dumb. So they worked together, failed miserably and now its a temporary/i guess we won't fight each other for now kind of thing.

Antioch is trying to convert people so they let anyone who isn't an enemy in. See the life of the proud desert warrior and join us kind of thing. Svorai I don't recognize the name cause I'm still coming back. And Champion status I'm not paying attention too.

That's my summary.
  • Actually, it was Khandava and Kinsarmar that came to an agreement, then Stavenn joined in. We tried to involve Celidon but haven't had a lot of success.

• edited January 2016
    How important are guilds and sects? I've had offers for both, but I know in Achaea, some houses suffered from lack of population to the point of being rather pointless/a whole lot of work heaped on the same 3 or 4 players, and so I was wondering how guilds fit in here.

And ugh, I love this damn game.
  • There are mechanical benefits to both (more so for sects, you almost certainly want to be in one of those). If you don't feel your character would fit in one of the guilds, there's no obligation to join one here. The Antiochian guilds at least have a pretty relaxed atmosphere (at least the Crusaders/Wardancers, I can't really speak for the other two since they're really quiet lately). If its important to you, guild members do get a reserves (HELP RESERVES) and experience bonus along with membership.
  • Caelya said:
    Actually, it was Khandava and Kinsarmar that came to an agreement, then Stavenn joined in. We tried to involve Celidon but haven't had a lot of success.
    We had a meeting and donuts
  • Does the basic "RESISTS" command mean anything?  "RESISTS CHECK" makes sense, but I can't make anything out of "RESISTS" (or really, RESISTS <damage type> either) except meaningless numbers (which are probably not actually meaningless).  
  • edited January 2016
    Ivellios said:
    Gurn said:
    But who's cool with who and who's part of who's team? Who's living the dream?
    @Gurn

Hi Gurn long time no see. Basically, Ithaqua = dead as always. Antioch went, we like conflict and will do every bad idea. We will be the ultimate bad guys to have everyone fight against, in the recent shade arc. Kinsarmar and Stavenn went, wow, we both agree on something and that Antioch must be stopped from bringing nightmare creatures into this plane. Cause doing that is just dumb. So they worked together, failed miserably and now its a temporary/i guess we won't fight each other for now kind of thing.
    That is actually a pretty good summary.

One of the big problems I've had with events in Imperian is the lack of a faction willing to play the antagonist. AM's traditional RP locks it into the 'good guy' role the vast majority of the time because the threats in this game are always either demonic or necromantic in nature, and the same mostly applies to magick. This means that the only side that's really 'free' to be the antagonist is demonic, and demonic's apparently not interested in the role.

This makes events boring because everybody ends up on the same side and any semblance of competition is lost. So Antioch decided to step up, because somebody needs to be the bad guy.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• What's the narrative behind allying with the horde and such? I want to judge you on your character motives and storytelling skills.
  • Is there not a non-Magick alternative to Artistry? Specifically for creating journals or letters?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Nope
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Qirua said:
    Is there not a non-Magick alternative to Artistry? Specifically for creating journals or letters?
    The actual making journals isn't magick, you just have to talk to them.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited January 2016
    So I am a little confused:

Start:
    606[100] 480[100] eb db 0 0 81.07 8 0 0 
    Mana Lost: 42
    Shrine of the Sect of the Leechwood.
    Level          4 (300 points)
    Faith          64%
    Fortified by:      0 Blood
                     100 Spirit
                     400 Virtue
    *******************************[ Shrine Relics ]*******************************
    Relic                Level     Types                          Cooldown             
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Creed                2         scepter and robes              none
    *******************************************************************************
    This shrine may be sanctified or defiled again in: 01:03:56.

First Sanctify
    606[100] 480[100] eb db 0 0 81.20 0 0 0 .
    Faith          79%
                     100 Spirit
                     400 Virtue
    This shrine may be defiled for the next 14:46.

First Defile
    606[100] 459[95] eb db 0 0 81.20 0 0 0 .
    Faith          73%
                     100 Spirit
                     400 Virtue
    This shrine may be sanctified for the next 09:58.

Second Sanctify
    You walk south.
    Waterfall on the edge of the Khandava forest.
    You see exits leading north, southeast, south, and west.
    606[100] 480[100] eb db 0 0 81.20 0 0 0 .
    Faith          88%
                     100 Spirit
                     400 Virtue
    This shrine may be defiled for the next 00:23.

It's my understanding that the sect can only sanctify once per window... if my defiling allows them to re-sanctify, then isn't the best move to not defile after they sanctify? Ho-hum. It doesn't encourage me to oppose a counter-action, it actually discourages me from trying to undo the sanctify... not sure how this is meant to work.

A re-do (whether sanctify or defile) should have diminishing returns.
  • It encourages defiling a shrine located in an area your own sect has its foot in already,  and it stops one person from single-handedly destroying every shrine. You can either:

1. Defile and stop the enemy from sanctifying for those 15 minutes, or

2. Defile when more of your shrines are nearby. Each sanctify will always be 15%, while defiles can go above that (until aegis relics are used)

Some things may have changed since I last relevant though, so take it with a grain of salt.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Ario is too strong to be overwhelmed.
    You quickdraw a shining longsword, a crescentic solar shield.
    You rub some ciguatoxin on a shining longsword.
    Gripping a shining longsword firmly, you advance towards Ario and strike him with a mighty blow.
    Your ciguatoxin toxin has affected Ario.
    Ario appears terrified as his muscles seem to become difficult to control.
    Balance Taken: 3.71s
    You smash a crescentic solar shield into Ario's stomach, causing him to recoil in pain. (smash: 
    nausea, clumsiness, weariness) - giving nausea.
    Balance Taken: 3.20s
    The thrill of the battle flowing through your body, you hurl a powerful weakening scream towards 
    Ario.
    The chant causes Ario to suffer from lethargy.
    Balance Taken: 3.70s
    Your rage increases! It is now at 20%.
    Ario's condition stands at 418/610 health and 383/400 mana.
    643[96] 376[89] e- db 1 0 84.18 0 0 0 .
    You may eat another herb or plant.
    Ario quickly eats a nightshade root.
    (Core): You say, "Ario H: 418 (68.52%) M: 383 (95.75%)"
    Ario grips his shield tightly as a murky haze slowly rises from it, forming a protective translucent barrier around him.
    A shimmering translucent shield forms around Ario.
    Ario takes a drink from a dark vial.

Can knights shield through numbness?
  • Yes. Pretty sure shield barrier does too. Unsure on unleash arctar or raisewings.

Also gdi Iniar, stop persisting two warchants.

• IniarIniar Australia
    I didn't! I was in strong for bashing.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    What's this?

You shiver as you realize that death approaches and you are powerless to stop it.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    That, I believe, would be the entropy affliction ticking, Iniar.
  • Why are boss corpses worth next to no belief? I can do two easy high end mobs and get as much belief as a boss.
  • The boss kill gives significant belief. 

For example, I killed a boss just now and I got 50k belief off of the kill. If you can get that much in two easy mobs, please tell me which ones you're killing.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

The boss kill gives significant belief. 

For example, I killed a boss just now and I got 50k belief off of the kill. If you can get that much in two easy mobs, please tell me which ones you're killing.

Oh, so the kill itself gets the belief, not the sacrifice? I meant the sacrifice.
  • Yeah, I'm saying that's why the sacrifice doesn't get a ton of belief; the belief is on the boss kill, instead. That splits it out among the killers.

• I feel a lot better about using highfavour before bosses now then, 'cause I was seeing the belief and being all :/

Speaking of related things - the crystal that's dropped when you defeat the Unknown Entity, does it actually serve a purpose?  I couldn't figure anything to do with it for the life of me.  It wouldn't let me offer it.
  • Anette said:
    Speaking of related things - the crystal that's dropped when you defeat the Unknown Entity, does it actually serve a purpose?  I couldn't figure anything to do with it for the life of me.  It wouldn't let me offer it.
    Yes, it does. You should look at your SCORE to figure it out. :)