Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

Comments

• Jules said:
    Started a character on Achaea. Better than Aetolia but not better than Imperian.

Paladin in Targ if anyone else plays.
    I really do think there are a fair few people in Achaea that would be MUCH happier here in Imperian, or at the very least, they'd be happier alternating between the two games depending on what they're in the mood for.  Although it's been toned down somewhat as its player base grew up and had to like... work, Achaea really is still for the more hard core gamers in terms of PK, and really, even in terms of RP.  It follows much more of an "addict" gaming model (not that Imperian isn't addictively fun, because it is).  A lot of people just don't realize there are other options I think.  I didn't.  
    I'm really impressed with Achaea. I just hate that I've already invested so much into Imperian. I don't want to invest that much more into Achaea just to reach the same point I'm at now. But with 250 people online compared to 30, it's tempting. I'm only on Achaea until I become unmute for acting like a fool  :O)
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • More people yes... I think because Achaea is the flagship and people find them first, and they just have the critical mass of players that helps you attract... more players.  But... exclusionary, punitive PK system that revolves around real losses every time you die and a horrible infamy system that can be very difficult to get out of once you're in a bit too deep.  Some other things I'm not terribly fond of, and would be less fond of if I actually had to bash for a living - gold drops over there are much more meager at most levels.  I have a pile of artifacts over there Jules will probably NEVER use.  
  • Now that classes are done, Monster Hunter 4! I have to catch up, oh my gosh.
  • So much Witcher 3... Doing a replay. On hard!

• Looks pretty good. Fallout has consistently been one of my favorite series, looking forward to checking this one out. The environments look great and nicely designed, but the tech seems similar to New Vegas. Not noticing a big graphical leap.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    There's a massive graphical leap, look closer is all I can say.

Also lol cart physics from the ghouls look stunning for fallout.
  • Started a character on Achaea. Better than Aetolia but not better than Imperian.

Paladin in Targ if anyone else plays.

Funny enough, I started a priest in Targossas month ago because it tickles my Imperian nostalgia.
  • Factorio and Besiege are fulfilling all my simulation needs at the moment.

And Stardrive 2 when my concentration is up to it.
  • Kind of annoyed by Stardrive's dev. I got in on the original Stardrive alpha, the game was barely updated for months, very light on gameplay, and then he comes along and announces a sequel before the first one felt fully baked. Oh well.
  • Hearthstone. Why is this so good?

• Shadowrun: Dragonall

really digging it
  • I just started playing Shadowrun Returns for the first time, really liking it. Just bought Dragonfall.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Darkest Dungeon.

It's like Diablo, a roguelike, a CCG, and a party based RPG got together, played some Majesty, and decided to have a beautiful mutant baby together. Great art and writing too.
  • Rasca said:
    Darkest Dungeon.

It's like Diablo, a roguelike, a CCG, and a party based RPG got together, played some Majesty, and decided to have a beautiful mutant baby together. Great art and writing too.
    Lead Artist is also the guy who did all the IRE racial art.  I'm not huge on the racial art, but I love the Darkest Dungeon aesthetic. 

Another funny note, Chris Kohnert (I'm not 100% but I am pretty sure he was Ayer in Achaea?)  is the CTO of Harebrained Schemes, the compnay that made Shadworun:Returns and its sequel. 
  • Rocket League.

Soccer with cars. Get on my level.
  • Eve Online once again.  I tried going back to WoW for a bit but quickly lost interest.  

Clicker Heroes is a pretty sweet gigantic waste of my time, but it's someone passively enjoyable.  

• Perfect World. Pretty simple MMORPG with nice environments and a lots of self-repeating quests to waste time. There's also instances to beat monsters and bosses. Is ok.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Breaking Point, a mod for ArmA 3. It's like all of the great parts of DayZ standalone, minus all the terrible ones. If you have a subpar cpu you will probably experience low frames though. As a marksman, any game where the physics equations are approximately their real world equivalents with regard to terminal ballistics is gonna do fine by me.

Plus as a hunter you get to gut your victims. For points!
  • Rocket League (As of Saturday, still horrible) and Path of Exile. 
  • Playing Black Ops 3, among other stuff, on PS4.  Tag is michaelcore84 so feel free to add me.  (please I have no friends anywhere else)

• Apoloc said:

Playing Black Ops 3, among other stuff, on PS4.  Tag is michaelcore84 so feel free to add me.  (please I have no friends anywhere else)

Totally adding. PSN is gravitybombs. Don't play much CoD but I am excited for SW battlefront. Among other things (fallout can't wait)
  • Had to get my Xbox One fixed. Can't wait to get it back so I can play Halo 5 some more. I know Sadey plays it as well. Anyone else by chance?
  • FALLOUT 4 LOLOLOLOLOL
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • AlonzoAlonzo Christchurch, New Zealand
    Happy 4th birthday, Skyrim!
  • I play Tera: Fate of Arun. MMORPG with nice PvP content. At least I like it, so I recommend to give it a shot. (I play on EU servers)
  • Been playing  age of mythology. Brings back memories.
  • Dota 2, a lot of dota 2

• Playing age of empires 2. Love the campaigns. 
  • Baldur's Gate 1 & 2