Skip to content

Rowynn's Holiday Art Giveaway

Happy holidays, everyone! It's the first of merry ole December, and in an effort to share some of the holiday spirit, I've decided to host a little giveaway! I don't have a wealth of credits or tokens to hand out, I'm afraid, but I can and do love to draw stuff for other people. So, this is my (hopefully fun) little present to you all! There will be a total of three lucky winners, who will be receiving custom artwork made by me! As of this post, the contest will be officially open to enter, and you will have until 8 PM on December 24th to throw your name into the imaginary hat. I will draw winners randomly and then announce them the following day on the 25th of December. 

Keep in mind, that art does take time to make, so it may be a few days or a week or more for prizes to be finished (I do like to take my time to make them as pretty as possible ;) ). You are free to message or email me about the progress of your pictures, but I would kindly ask you to not be impatient or rude. I WILL be working on them as fast as my hand can go! Now then, onto the rules!

Rules:

1. You may only enter your name ONCE. Now, I have no way to actually check for alts, but I implore you to PLEASE be honest and give everyone a fair chance. Pleaaase don't use your alts to enter more than once. If you win, you can request art for any one of your characters.

2. This contest is open to both players AND entities/admin!

3. Please do NOT message me in game to enter. For the sake of my probably meager sanity, do not explode my message box!

How to enter:

If you would like to enter the contest, all you have to do is post a reply to this discussion saying something along the lines of "I'm in!". Please make sure to ping me @Rowynn - this will ensure that I see your entry. While not a rule, I would ask that you keep the chatter on this discussion to a minimum so that entries don't get lost or/mistaken in the clutter!

Prizes:

1st place winner will receive their choice of artwork. This can be as complicated (within reason), or as simple as you want! Full body and background? Ok! Portrait? That's good too! It's your choice!

2nd place will receive their choice of fully rendered half-body (usually from the waist up) painting. This will come with a complementary background color!

3rd place will receive a fully rendered portrait (neck/shoulders up). This will also come with a complementary background color!

-- When the winners are announced, I will message each person asking for their choice of picture. You may include as many references as you want, they are always helpful. If you don't have any, that's fine, it just means I'll be taking a lot of liberties to fill in the blanks!

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me or shoot me an email (sjewell00@gmail.com). I hope everyone has a wonderful month, and please feel free to share this contest with your friends if they don't frequent the forums much!

Like my art? Visit my tumblr page, here, for more pretties, and for commission info, click here!

Comments

• I'm in, @Rowynn.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• @Rowynn Me Me Me Me. Your art is so effing pretty

You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I'm in, @Rowynn.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I'm selfish and I am in love with the work of @Rowynn, so I am in as well!

(Really, her work is amazing, see portrait if you don't believe me)

• No her work is awful and bad and terrible and nobody else needs to enter this drawing because three is the perfect amount of people for it and we don't need the competition to expose other people to it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• @Rowynn - I'm in :D

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • @Rowynn I feel almost guilty entering. Almost, but I'm entering. Cause I love you work, and I already have an idea! (Am I bad?)
  • A chance to win art by @Rowynn? Can't pass that up!
  • @Rowynn. I tried to fight it, but I'm in.

• Yay! Don't fight the urge, give in to the urge! :D

Like my art? Visit my tumblr page, here, for more pretties, and for commission info, click here!
  • Count me in! @Rowynn

• Your art looks amazing. I'm in! @Rowynn
  • Yeah, totally in! @Rowynn
  • I want a shot at it, please!
  • Oh, art? I love art. Especially me-art. Thanks for the lovely idea/commitment, @Rowynn. Totally on board.
  • This sounds wonderful. I'm in @Rowynn, and thank you for the chance!
  • edited December 2015
    @Rowynn - I'm in! :)
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • @rowynn I'm in too!
  • edited December 2015
    Oh my. I have to join in, so, I'm in! @Rowynn
  • I'm rarely here, but I love you, so I'm in. @Rowynn

• I'm allowed to post and I would love to enter! Thank you, @Rowynn, for your generous contest. Your artwork is lovely.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    HOLDS BREATH.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure